Your predictions for the season | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Your predictions for the season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I’m an optimist, but this thread needs to be reeled in a bit. The sports books have us at 4.5 wins this season. The way you guys are talking, I could bet the house on the over and make back all the money I’ve lost betting on this team in the past!

I am over on wins and cover vs Maryland. After the first game, I’ll take another look.

Reaction Score
Looks like an improvement in recruiting. Bigger, faster team than last year. There will be an upset win, a brainfart loss and the cupcakes on the schedule are just that. So.... I am leaning towards 7-5. But, every year there is a key injury and I'm sure this one will be no exception. Evers, Edwards, Rosa, the starting center or field goal kicker, someone will get bit. So that 7-5 could easily be flipped to 5-7. I'll be saying prayers that the quarterback corp stays intact into game 4.

7-5, glass half full. ;)

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
There will always be more than enough food. I grew up in an Italian home, that's all I know.
Thats why I love you. I'll cook breakfast and bring Jello shots and crack potato salad. Cin Cin

Reaction Score
The nightmare ends now!

A few kids step in on the offensive line, the transfers at WR end up better than advertised and we develop Evers into the QB Oklahoma was expecting when they recruited him out of high school. Our defense kicks it up to a level we haven't seen in more than a decade and steamroll everyone in our path once the calendar turns to September.

08/31 - at Maryland - Tossup
09/07 – Merrimack - Win
09/14 - at Duke - Win
09/21 - Florida Atlantic - Win
09/28 - Buffalo - Win
10/05 - Temple - Win
10/19 - Wake Forest - Win
10/26 - Rice - Win
11/01 - Georgia State - Win (payback)
11/09 - at UAB - Win
11/23 - at Syracuse - Win
11/30 - at UMass - Win

As Maryland and Wake end up with their respective conference’s automatic bid to the new playoff, the committee ends up with no choice but to give us an at-large bid.
Possible, but highly unlikely. That being said, would love to be proven wrong. The only downside to a miracle season like you’re suggesting, is every coach gets poached and then it’s a mad exodus to the portal.

Reaction Score
5-7, but if Syracuse has another meltdown we could stun them. UAB is not a winnable game, they will kill us, and Rice is a tossup at best. FAU and GAST will be tough but maybe we spring a minor home upset.

We will show enough improvement to feel good about 2025, but until proven otherwise we have no QB. A shame - we have legitimate weapons on offense.

You mean the Rice that we totally outclassed last season at their place.

I don’t know how they made a bowl tbh.

Reaction Score
With as many transfers as Mora brought in, this fall camp is crucial for the team to mesh running a new defensive scheme with the 3-3-5 and on offense with a new QB, WRs, and O-Line.

I’m much more confident this year with the transfers as they all have proven production and are majority from P4 schools. Last year we could not say that.

I feel like our DL is going to be a force as we bring the majority back in Yates, Stafford, Gourdine and reinforce with Barton, Banks, Choute, and Simon. Our LBs I am also high on with Jayden McDonald from Troy leading the group (Watch his highlights).

We will have to see about the DB group we need the depth, transfers Reggie Akles and Dean Engram are sidelined with injuries in camp don’t know the extent.

The OL is another question mark but I’m happy we return Valentin Senn and Chase Lundt who were both named to the Shrine Bowl 1000 list along with Jelani Stafford.

With solid QB play, a running back group that has the “depth and talent of the 2008 squad” per UConn Country on twitter, and a revamped WR group I can see our ceiling at 9-3.

Prediction: 8-4

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
For the other year in a row, all I hope for is all 12 games the opposing team has to play their first string O and D in the fourth qtr and the opponent's offense is running their sets.
In other words, be ahead or competitive every game.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
This isn't the hardest undefeated season I've ever predicted.

As others have mentioned, what we get out of QB is what we'll get out of the season.

Poor QB play = difficult undefeated season
Good QB play = undefeated lock

Reaction Score
For the other year in a row, all I hope for is all 12 games the opposing team has to play their first string O and D in the fourth qtr and the opponent's offense is running their sets.
In other words, be ahead or competitive every game.
Hallelujah for watchable football

Reaction Score
This isn't the hardest undefeated season I've ever predicted.

As others have mentioned, what we get out of QB is what we'll get out of the season.

Poor QB play = difficult undefeated season
Good QB play = undefeated lock
CH8 had a nice sports segment on Mora and his team, the other night. They’re very high on Evers and some of the new receivers, he’s going to have for targets. The kid has talent, Oklahoma knew that when they grabbed him.

huskidork

bailey
Reaction Score
08/31 - at Maryland W
09/07 - Merrimack W
09/14 - at Duke L
09/21 - Florida Atlantic W
09/28 - Buffalo W
10/05 - Temple W
10/19 - Wake Forest L
10/26 - Rice W
11/01 - Georgia State W
11/09 - at UAB L
11/23 - at Syracuse L
11/30 - at UMass W

8-4

Reaction Score
Evers is a mystery. Seems similar to when Roberson was coming in except nobody’s seen Evers play. It appears he really is a running QB which I feel is promising.

Reaction Score
08/31 - at Maryland W
09/07 - Merrimack W
09/14 - at Duke W
09/28 - Buffalo W
10/05 - Temple W
10/19 - Wake Forest W
10/26 - Rice W
11/01 - Georgia State W
11/09 - at UAB W
11/23 - at Syracuse W
11/30 - at UMass W

Reaction Score
08/31 - at Maryland W
09/07 - Merrimack W
09/14 - at Duke W
09/28 - Buffalo W
10/05 - Temple W
10/19 - Wake Forest W
10/26 - Rice W
11/01 - Georgia State W
11/09 - at UAB W
11/23 - at Syracuse W
11/30 - at UMass W
Otherwise why play at all?

Reaction Score
The nightmare ends now!

A few kids step in on the offensive line, the transfers at WR end up better than advertised and we develop Evers into the QB Oklahoma was expecting when they recruited him out of high school. Our defense kicks it up to a level we haven't seen in more than a decade and steamroll everyone in our path once the calendar turns to September.

08/31 - at Maryland - Tossup
09/07 – Merrimack - Win
09/14 - at Duke - Win
09/21 - Florida Atlantic - Win
09/28 - Buffalo - Win
10/05 - Temple - Win
10/19 - Wake Forest - Win
10/26 - Rice - Win
11/01 - Georgia State - Win (payback)
11/09 - at UAB - Win
11/23 - at Syracuse - Win
11/30 - at UMass - Win

As Maryland and Wake end up with their respective conference’s automatic bid to the new playoff, the committee ends up with no choice but to give us an at-large bid.
My God. Guess we can dream.

Reaction Score
It’s an interesting schedule to try to project. Like with every season, injuries, team chemistry and momentum both good and bad will all play their part. How the team responds to these situations will be the deciding factor in how they finish.

This schedule has zero guaranteed losses, which is a nice thing for a team trying to pull itself up out of the muck of a decade+ of bad seasons.

The toughest opponents are maybe UMD and Cuse and neither should strike fear in anybody’s heart. After Merrimack, the rest of the schedule looks like a bunch of coin flips. It’s crazy how razor thin the margins for winning and losing are for UConn. There’s no we played like * * * but still got the win. Every game is a struggle.

If the team can stay relatively healthy at key positions, and they can get some production at QB. 6-6 or 7-5 could be on the table. If they suffer key losses and/or the QBs struggle mightily then 4-8 or 5-7 are more realistic. I’m going to skew positive and go 6-6.

Reaction Score
I a
It’s an interesting schedule to try to project. Like with every season, injuries, team chemistry and momentum both good and bad will all play their part. How the team responds to these situations will be the deciding factor in how they finish.

This schedule has zero guaranteed losses, which is a nice thing for a team trying to pull itself up out of the muck of a decade+ of bad seasons.

The toughest opponents are maybe UMD and Cuse and neither should strike fear in anybody’s heart. After Merrimack, the rest of the schedule looks like a bunch of coin flips. It’s crazy how razor thin the margins for winning and losing are for UConn. There’s no we played like * * * but still got the win. Every game is a struggle.

If the team can stay relatively healthy at key positions, and they can get some production at QB. 6-6 or 7-5 could be on the table. If they suffer key losses and/or the QBs struggle mightily then 4-8 or 5-7 are more realistic. I’m going to skew positive and go 6-6.
l think you are right about the razor thin margins. 2years ago we were on the right side most of the time. Last year on the wrong side. If Evers is good we might land on the positive side more often.

Reaction Score

Fair. I’m hopeful this is the year we make a splash. That’s the case every year, but the influx of tested talent is reason for optimism.

Reaction Score
3-3-5 plus Buckman = 12. After reading the Buckman thread going to go see what bookmakers will give me on UConn winning men's, women's and getting into football playoffs. May get that house in Greenwich yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom