Your predictions for the season | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Your predictions for the season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
i'd wait until we were FIRMLY out of the basement, to talk about "boy it must suck". a 118 /120 ranking isn't exactly elite or even mediocre.

We could be a consensus #132 in about 4-5 weeks from today. not saying i want that, but it's very real still for us.
Exactly. You took the words out of my head. UConn Football and their fans like myself are in no position to feel sorry for another school's football futility or future projected futility.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
The nightmare ends now!

A few kids step in on the offensive line, the transfers at WR end up better than advertised and we develop Evers into the QB Oklahoma was expecting when they recruited him out of high school. Our defense kicks it up to a level we haven't seen in more than a decade and steamroll everyone in our path once the calendar turns to September.

08/31 - at Maryland - Tossup
09/07 – Merrimack - Win
09/14 - at Duke - Win
09/21 - Florida Atlantic - Win
09/28 - Buffalo - Win
10/05 - Temple - Win
10/19 - Wake Forest - Win
10/26 - Rice - Win
11/01 - Georgia State - Win (payback)
11/09 - at UAB - Win
11/23 - at Syracuse - Win
11/30 - at UMass - Win

As Maryland and Wake end up with their respective conference’s automatic bid to the new playoff, the committee ends up with no choice but to give us an at-large bid.
Finally, someone who's perceptive and realistic!

Reaction Score
Prediction:
Maryland: Loss
Merrimack: Win
Duke: Loss
FAU: Win
Buffalo: Win
Temple: Win
Wake Forest: Win
Rice: Loss
Georgia State: Win
UAB: Win
Cuse: Loss
UMass: Win

We are not going to beat Maryland, Duke, or Syracuse on the road. I wouldn't waste my time getting hopes up. We are at best a solid G5 team.

Must-Wins:
Merrimack
Buffalo
Temple
Georgia State (Their HC abandoned them in the Spring and they lost their major pieces to grad/portal)
UMass

Must win 1, should win 2 or 3:
Rice
Wake Forest
FAU
UAB

Loss:
Cuse (So much talent added)
Duke (Manny Diaz and lots of talent added)
Maryland (Filled in most of their losses)

Reaction Score
6-6. Last season was such a defensive setback that I think 8-4 and beyond is laughable unless that defense returns. If that defense returns this should be a fun year. I think everybody expects offense to be much better

Reaction Score
I’m not sure if any of us can, with any degree of certainty, predict what our record will be this year. We have so many new players and so many unknowns. I have no idea. I can tell you that there have been many times I’ve gone to the Rent with modest expectations of having a good season only to watch us be pushed to absolute limit or lose to a middling 1AA team.

I have no idea of what to expect Saturday!

I am still excited to watch the game! Like the box of chocolates analogy in Forrest Gump!

Reaction Score
new prediction: 11-1
The only loss I see is maryland. Every other team has glaring weaknesses.
Give Evers a chance to get his feet wet. And we are going to go on a run!!
Let's Pack The Rent! Bring some friends!!
and save up for the Bowl Trip everyone

Reaction Score
There’s really only 1 QB on the team that actually had any impact during spring scrimmage as well at the scrimmage on 8/10.. with probably 1/3 of the reps the others got… Moved the ball down the field and scored 3 times..believe went 16-22 with 2 catchable balls that would have made it 18-22.. and another score.. and thats if you really been paying attention.
One of the TD was against the 1st team D as well.. while the others threw 2-3 pics each. So my prediction is if the OL can hold up and the receivers on point.. we get the guy that went undefeated just last year.. 8 months ago.. sooner than later we may have a good chance to get to a bowl game… win 8 or 9?
And if history repeats itself god forbid.. haven’t had good luck with our QBs staying healthy when running around outside the pocket..

Reaction Score
I’m trying to be realistic with my expectations this year and base nothing on wishful thinking as I have for the past 12 seasons. I’m going to say 6-6 is realistic

Fantasy land:
Could upsetting Maryland on the road earn us a few yes votes for Big12 entry?

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
I’m trying to be realistic with my expectations this year and base nothing on wishful thinking as I have for the past 12 seasons. I’m going to say 6-6 is realistic

Fantasy land:
Could upsetting Maryland on the road earn us a few yes votes for Big12 entry?
I would say 6-6 is the minimum in order to consider it a successful season. With so many new faces in key positions, it's difficult to make an informed prediction. I am looking forward to seeing how this team develops and builds chemistry, but I am thinking, that aside, we are starting out significantly better than we how we ended up last season. I'll go with my heart and predict an optimistic 7-5.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Good night for scouting, Duke, Florida Atlantic and Temple are all playing on networks that are generally available in most sports packages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom