OT: - Your favorite country folk songs | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT: Your favorite country folk songs

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Always a favorite of mine, Gordon Lightfoot did so many good things. But with Ian and Sylvia as a bonus, this one is hard to beat. Thanks for finding it.

Bama fan

Reaction Score
Aaron Lewis lead singer from Staind (Springfield MA), ventured over into country after Staind. His voice can do about any genre.

Country Boy

Guy has a fascinating voice and timing. "It's Been Awhile " is a fine song. "It's been awhile, but I can still remember just the way you taste".

Bama fan

Reaction Score
Here is one from Mary Black that has a special meaning for me as both of my grandfathers worked mines in the Appalachians for a bit. One in coal, and one in fire clay which was the material used make the bricks to line the blast furnaces of Pittsburgh.

I worked on several of those furnaces.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
What do you get when you cross Lil Nas X with Miley's daddy? Either Country Rap or Southern Hip-Hop.

(and yes it does sample NIN's 34 Ghosts IV)

Old Town Road

Very cool!

Reaction Score
Coupe de Ville: "And there was no resistance at all"....great song about a guy's eternal pursuit...and done by a group with the name "Free Beer" - gotta be good, right?

Reaction Score
Richie Havens - "Indian Prayer"

"As long as the sun shall glow, as long as the wind shall blow"...great stuff from the late, great, folk singer Richie Havens.

Reaction Score
Mark-Almond Band - "One Way Sunday" Great song about the life on the road.

"Denver, Oklahoma, San Anton, another gig a long way from home"

Reaction Score
This is a selection from what I feel is a very under rated group from the folk revival period of the early 1960's. Never had the popularity of the Kinston Trio, but in some ways I think this group was more talented. Bud Dashiell and the Kinsmen. This one is from the soundtrack to the movie "Paint Your Wagon."

If you ever run across an LP by the name of "Bud Dashiell and the Kinsmen Sing Everybody's Hits" and you like folk and calypso music it's worth a listen.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom