OT: - Your favorite country folk songs | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: Your favorite country folk songs

Reaction Score
Here is a modern take on a sea chanty/English traditional folk song. One of many such songs that the 10,000 maniacs have covered over the years post Natalie Merchant. It's also known as "The Wearing of the Blue."

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Everybody loves Chris' voice. I liked him better when he was with The Jompson Brothers, before he went full country. But this songs good.

Chris Stapleton - Midnight Train To Memphis (along with Sturgill Simpson here)

Reaction Score
Here is one from Mary Black that has a special meaning for me as both of my grandfathers worked mines in the Appalachians for a bit. One in coal, and one in fire clay which was the material used make the bricks to line the blast furnaces of Pittsburgh.

Reaction Score
The Stones ventured into country on occasion. This came about when Keith was hanging out with Gram Parsons.

Dead Flowers.

Let's not forget Sweet Virginia from the Stones:

But come on, come on down Sweet Virginia
Come on, honey child, beg you
Come on, come on down, you got it in ya
Got to scrape the **** right off your shoes

Reaction Score
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Grateful Dead yet. A lot of their songs are truly folk.

"driving that train, high on cocaine, Casey Jones, you better watch your speed."

Reaction Score
The Band and The Stapletons at The Band's farewell concert. The world ain't the same since Levon Helm died. And, Mavis Stapleton? That voice makes these old bones quiver.

Just click "watch on youtube"

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom