OT: - Your favorite country folk songs | The Boneyard

OT: Your favorite country folk songs

Reaction Score
Share your favorite folk songs ...
Over a century has gone by since ink was put to parchment, and today 'Danny Boy' continues to stir up deep emotion and feelings of Irish national pride. But while it might feel like the traditional song or even the national anthem of Ireland, the lyrics were written in 1910 by an English lawyer – Frederic Weatherly.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Share your favorite folk songs ...
Over a century has gone by since ink was put to parchment, and today 'Danny Boy' continues to stir up deep emotion and feelings of Irish national pride. But while it might feel like the traditional song or even the national anthem of Ireland, the lyrics were written in 1910 by an English lawyer – Frederic Weatherly.

Are we doing country or folk? To me they are 2 different genres. I didn't listen to folk music (P, P & M, Woody Guthrie) but have listened to country (Merle, Conway, Loretta, Reba).

Reaction Score
Are we doing country or folk? To me they are 2 different genres. I didn't listen to folk music (P, P & M, Woody Guthrie) but have listened to country (Merle, Conway, Loretta, Reba).
It can be,
-Different country's folk song
-Different country or folk songs

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I would say there is a whole lot of overlap between country and folk.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom