2022 Recruiting: - Yarin Hasson commits to UConn | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Yarin Hasson commits to UConn

Reaction Score
Not too long ago there were some people vocally questioning Luke’s recruiting. Since then it seems like he’s reeled in a bunch of good kids
The majority of his highly ranked guys at Louisville didn't pan out so it is a reasonable concern.

Reaction Score
FYI A couple of posters liked the idea of a rejuvenated Israeli pipeline to UConn. Yuval Shaham had put out the tweet that was posted announcing the commitment. I 'googled' him and found that he is actually a 'pipeline'. Maybe this relationship can have legs.

Yuval Shaham joins The Sports Rabbi to talk about his amazing organization UVISION that helps Israeli basketball players find opportunities to play ball and attend university in the United States. Two of his student athletes, Elias Akale who attends University of Saint Mary and Adam Scherbakov who is a member of the Israel National Team U18’s also join the program to discuss their experiences and dreams as the former explains how his life has become enriched while the latter talks about how the opportunity to head to America would benefit both him and the educational institution.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Happy to have Yarin. Poor Gilead Katz omitted as a previous Israeli UConn player. Like the video. Seems to have the kind of game that Buzelis and Estrada would have brought. No comment from the clip as to whether he can be an equivalent player to what those guys have shown, but he seems to have the same tools, frame, and only 1" to 2" less size. Is it stated whether his Denver commitment was 2022 or 2023 class? Appears to be an excellent addition by the staff IMO.
Uri Cohen Mintz should be upset too.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
we're recruiting this guy? isn't he past eligibility?
ss3415672_-_photograph_of_erik_estrada_as_officer_francis_llewellyn_ponch_poncherello_from_chips_available_in_4_sizes_framed_or_unframed_buy_now_at_starstills__71815__96106.1394499386.jpg

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Article from when he originally committed to Denver

In unrelated news, old friend Lukas Kisunas is playing for Denver this season
Only 17 at the time of the article and playing for the Israeli National team this summer. Could not find a record of him playing on the National team.

More shooters. Hats off again to the no quit staff.

Reaction Score
Only 17 at the time of the article and playing for the Israeli National team this summer. Could not find a record of him playing on the National team.

More shooters. Hats off again to the no quit staff.
He was on the roster for the U18 team this past winter but it appears he saw no game action. But it’s a good sign that he was on the Maccabi Rishon L’tzion developmental squad. Both Israelis I spoke with (both also like using hyperbole btw) said he’s like a very raw, shorter Chet Holmgren. That made me smile. And laugh.
Speaking of Holmgren, I hope the ligament damage isn’t serious and he has a speedy recovery.

Reaction Score
I think the Israeli news stand owner that was the link when Calhoun was coaching died and the Israeli connection dried up.

Reaction Score
I think the Israeli news stand owner that was the link when Calhoun was coaching died and the Israeli connection dried up.
There was also a connection in the Nutmeg State. There was a kosher butcher from Waterbury named Sidney Frankel who somehow became Henefeld’s handler stateside. Might have been involved with Doron too.

I know many here loved the cool-under-pressure demeanor shown by both Nadav and Doron. But remember that both those guys showed up in Storrs as 21 year old freshmen, coming off of two years serving in the IAF and IDF respectively. Literally freshMEN. This kid is literally a kid. Might have the Israeli make-up, but those guys were seasoned upon arrival. Different.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Is it me or does it seem we just have a whole new team of players, aside from the obvious few ? Not sure I remember the last time there were so many new faces.
That's kinda what follows the mass exodus we experienced at the end of the season.
Whaley, Polley reached the end of their eligibility. Tyrese & RJ declined the extra year. Floyd, Diggins, Gaff & Akok all felt like they needed a new start somewhere else.
Gotta replace the bodies, if nothing else. I never expected Tyrese to come back for the extra year. Other than that, the only one that really bothered me was Floyd.

Reaction Score
UConn has one more open scholarship for this upcoming season and while it’s possible the Huskies will keep it open, they also may fill it some time soon — possibly with another international player.

Is this Borges's speculation or from the coaching staff?

Reaction Score
UConn has one more open scholarship for this upcoming season and while it’s possible the Huskies will keep it open, they also may fill it some time soon — possibly with another international player.

Is this Borges's speculation or from the coaching staff?
i guess castle isnt doing a spring semester reclass like karaban

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom