Xavier and Travis Steele breakup | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Xavier and Travis Steele breakup

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Xavier is at best the fourth most popular school in its own city. Any coach that has had success there has left for a bigger job as a result.

BOL Musketeers. You’re gonna need it.

Drew

Reaction Score
lol your scrub-ass league got 2 bids this year. 2. Its champion is a 5 seed.

BE got 6.
And the new Big East regular season champ is a 4 seed and a mere 2 point favorite over the vaunted Jackrabbits of South Dakota State. Why does any of that matter?

Reaction Score
If Xavier hires Miller back they are out of their minds. The "FBI" will get their own section in all the away games.

Reaction Score
Impressive.

I mean your interest in UConn basketball of course. You guys were something with Oscar and Jerry back a few (hundo) years :rolleyes:
It was just Oscar.....Jerry played for OSU. Although he did play for the Cincinnati Royals of the NBA. Or maybe there's a different Jerry you were referring to?

Reaction Score
risky move for this mid major program in a mediocre league. dont know how much interest this job will get.
risky move for this mid major program in a mediocre league. dont know how much interest this job will get.
This whole comment is wrong

Reaction Score
It was just Oscar.....Jerry played for OSU. Although he did play for the Cincinnati Royals of the NBA. Or maybe there's a different Jerry you were referring to?

LOL no you're right same time frame thanks for the heads up. No matter he gets my point albeit a mess LOL

Reaction Score
And the new Big East regular season champ is a 4 seed and a mere 2 point favorite over the vaunted Jackrabbits of South Dakota State. Why does any of that matter?
Villanova is the best team in the conference and a 2 seed.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Xavier is at best the fourth most popular school in its own city. Any coach that has had success there has left for a bigger job as a result.

this is a very good (and accurate) post.

Reaction Score

Cincinnati and? What 2 schools in the city are more popular that Xavier?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
cincinnati has won an ncaa tournament game more recently than 9 of the 11 little east programs.
Still, you guys had a top coach and you ran him out of town

Reaction Score
Would guess Ohio State, which is obviously the most popular school in the state, and UK, which is just over an hour away.

Reaction Score
Screen Shot 2022-03-17 at 12.45.06 PM.png

Interested to see if this changes anything for Tyrell Ward. High School teammate with Jordan Hawkins and they're close according to Instagram

Reaction Score
Would guess Ohio State, which is obviously the most popular school in the state, and UK, which is just over an hour away.

Did you read the post I quoted? He said most popular school in the city. Ohio State and UK are not in Cincinnati.

Reaction Score
Did you read the post I quoted? He said most popular school in the city. Ohio State and UK are not in Cincinnati.
Yes, I did, and I am aware that the University of Kentucky is not located in Cincinnati, Ohio. I believe the original poster was not referring to schools that are literally in the city of Cincinnati, but rather schools that have large fanbases in the city. Otherwise his statement doesn't make any sense. He can weigh in for himself on that though, I suppose.

Drew

Reaction Score
Ohio State and Kentucky fans FAR surpass Xavier fans in Cincinnati. It’s not even the same stratosphere.

Reaction Score
Ohio State and Kentucky fans FAR surpass Xavier fans in Cincinnati. It’s not even the same stratosphere.

I see. You meant with fans in the city, not schools based in the city. Definitely right then

Reaction Score

This is 100% true. For every 1 Xavier fan there at least 10 Bearcats fans. The casual basketball fan in Cincy is all in on Bearcats. Even before the Big 12 announcement. After UC it would likely be Ohio State followed by a few other Big 10 schools because of grads living in Cincinnati. Xavier may honestly not even be 4th as you said

Reaction Score
This is 100% true. For every 1 Xavier fan there at least 10 Bearcats fans. The casual basketball fan in Cincy is all in on Bearcats. Even before the Big 12 announcement. After UC it would likely be Ohio State followed by a few other Big 10 schools because of grads living in Cincinnati. Xavier may honestly not even be 4th as you said
And yet we sell more tickets than UC and UConn. Interesting.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
very accurate post. i really enjoyed this.

Reaction Score
And yet we sell more tickets than UC and UConn. Interesting.
I’ll be completely honest that I would not have guessed Xavier would sell more tickets than UConn. This season I could see them selling more than UC but that definitely will not be the case very soon with a big 12 schedule. Most Bearcats fans in Cincinnati are also likely not alumni. Most of the west side of Cincinnati is Bearcats fans. Most unfortunately probably can’t afford to go to a college basketball game. Xavier’s fans are mostly alumni (again I’m guessing but only going of my personal experience)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom