Xavier and Travis Steele breakup | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Xavier and Travis Steele breakup

Reaction Score
"compete and advance in the NCAAs". Thats a really weird thing to say. Why not aim for winning the whole thing?
Because by winning and advancing repeatedly you can win the whole thing?

Reaction Score
they could do us a solid and offer the bag to chris jans immediately before our game tomorrow...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Hearing that after last night's NIT win, Steele has vaulted into front-runner status for the Florida job.

Collective exhale, Husky fans.
It was never a worry.

I am going to miss Ed Cooley in the Big East, though.

Reaction Score
cincinnati has won an ncaa tournament game more recently than 9 of the 11 little east programs.

#fraudprograms #midmajors #itsnot1985anymore #noonewatchesfs1
Congrats on that. And the last time they won it all your parents weren't even born.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Sean Miller is HC-in-waiting for when Capels' buyout dips to $5M at end of next season.

Reaction Score
Sean Miller is HC-in-waiting for when Capels' buyout dips to $5M at end of next season.
If I'm Sean Miller (or anyone) the XU job is better than Pitt. Lower expectations, similar basketball brand power, similar recruiting footprint, basketball-first school in a better basketball league post-K/Roy.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
If I'm Sean Miller (or anyone) the XU job is better than Pitt. Lower expectations, similar basketball brand power, similar recruiting footprint, basketball-first school in a better basketball league post-K/Roy.
From the end of the Pitt gridiron glory days in the 80s until just this year, Pitt football fans were willing to settle for 9-win seasons. Many would rather have had Wannstedt back as HC than look elsewhere. Meanwhile, Pitt hoops fans demanded BE championships and a FF under Howland/Dixon. The Zoo is a real thing. I've been to games at Petersen that were as raucous as Gampel. I don't know what it's like on Xavier's campus, but thinking Pitt is simply a "football school" is wrongheaded. It can be a very good gig when not in the abyss that Stallings and Capel created. Other than being premature on extending Capel with a $15 mill buyout this year, Lyke is a pretty good AD. And Sean Miller would be the second coming of Jesus. Fans have been begging for him for years. Sure, that's pressure and high expectations, but what decent coach would duck that? Hurley didn't.

Reaction Score
hurt people hurt people
When Cincy was good I remember you coming on here and having good insights and points. Did them going downhill change you for the worse?

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Because by winning and advancing repeatedly you can win the whole thing?
True, just a bizarre way to say that. It sounded like them saying they have no expectations to actually build a team that can legitimately compete for a National Title.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Nice troll. If Xavier is a mid-major program and the Big East is a mediocre league then we all know Cincinnati is NOWHERE hahahahaha
i guess some folks dont appreciate a sense of humor

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Nice troll. If Xavier is a mid-major program and the Big East is a mediocre league then we all know Cincinnati is NOWHERE hahahahaha

In 2024 and after UConn will be wanting some of that B12 P5 Money

Cinci is in a good spot - they have the football and their basketball will rebound once they are out of the AAC
I for one am not throwing darts at Cinci, it wasn't too long ago UConn was there in basketball purgatory and in 2024 they will be P5 - and those of you that wear those UConn blinders will see what P5 (as long as it lasts) benefits will do for a program
Cronin can recruit better talent at UCLA (who has been mediocre for years) than at Cinci and has had rather good results
No Cinci won't win 4 NCs and yes UConn has a much better basketball story than Cinci will most likely ever have
But Kobe can talk some smack but he'd be smarter to wait - doesn't bother me at all (he's been a good contributor)

UKemba15

Some flies are too awesome for the wall.
Reaction Score
- and those of you that wear those UConn blinders will see what P5 (as long as it lasts) benefits will do for a program
Yea just ask Cuse…or Pitt…or BC…or..

(Just playin, I understand your point. I never waste an opportunity to throw shade at those 3 though.)

Reaction Score
cincinnati has won an ncaa tournament game more recently than 9 of the 11 little east programs.

#fraudprograms #midmajors #itsnot1985anymore #noonewatchesfs1

Impressive.

I mean your interest in UConn basketball of course. You guys were something with Oscar and Jerry back a few (hundo) years :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
True, just a bizarre way to say that. It sounded like them saying they have no expectations to actually build a team that can legitimately compete for a National Title.
It seemed to me the point he was making was they expect their coaches to not only make the tournament but to win games once they get there. That’s their baseline for a coach

Reaction Score
"compete and advance in the NCAAs". Thats a really weird thing to say. Why not aim for winning the whole thing?

I mean. It's hard to EXPECT something you haven't accomplished before. That would be unfair. Xavier ASPIRES to win NCAA championship but they expect to compete and advance in the NCAAs.

Once you win the whole thing once or twice then your expectation should becomes to win NCAA championships (i.e: UConn)

Reaction Score
Might be a long shot at the moment but I wonder if Xavier gives Pat Kelsey a look just from it being his alma mater

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Might be a long shot at the moment but I wonder if Xavier gives Pat Kelsey a look just from it being his alma mater
nah those loons are all in a man with a sweaty shirt who (like xavier university) has never made a final four

Reaction Score

Shows they are a serious hoop school. Sad for Steele. But the right move if they want to keep up with Villanova. Marquette and Creighton. And US!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom