Xavier and Travis Steele breakup | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Xavier and Travis Steele breakup

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
I’ll be completely honest that I would not have guessed Xavier would sell more tickets than UConn. This season I could see them selling more than UC but that definitely will not be the case very soon with a big 12 schedule. Most Bearcats fans in Cincinnati are also likely not alumni. Most of the west side of Cincinnati is Bearcats fans. Most unfortunately probably can’t afford to go to a college basketball game. Xavier’s fans are mostly alumni (again I’m guessing but only going of my personal experience)
It’s really not even a comparison. XU has about 1/3 the total fanbase (generously) that UC has and UC gets all the generic ”tshirt” type fans if you will on top of that.

People won’t believe you because they’ve indoctrinated themselves into thinking the Big East is the best thing since sliced bread but it just is what it is. XU is a tiny private religious college located on the north east side of the city 20-30 minutes away from downtown with 5k undergrads. UC is the public school with a ton of athletics success in FB/BB and in Clifton which if you know anything about Cincinnati is 10 minutes max outside of the city. UC has almost 30k undergrads. It’s night and day.

Reaction Score
It’s really not even a comparison. XU has about 1/3 the total fanbase (generously) that UC has and UC gets all the generic ”tshirt” type fans if you will on top of that.

People won’t believe you because they’ve indoctrinated themselves into thinking the Big East is the best thing since sliced bread but it just is what it is. XU is a tiny private religious college located on the north east side of the city 20-30 minutes away from downtown with 5k undergrads. UC is the public school with a ton of athletics success in FB/BB and in Clifton which if you know anything about Cincinnati is 10 minutes max outside of the city. UC has almost 30k undergrads. It’s night and day.
Xavier has been the better basketball school the past 25-30 years.

Reaction Score

Disagree, in terms of relevance.

Cincinnati was a BCS team - and now they are a P5 team. Whatever Xavier does (or has done) in the non-P5s just can't match that.

Aside from the Brannen fiasco, UC has had good long runs from Huggins to Cronin (and now Wes Miller takes them into the Big 12).

Xavier's coaches don't stay all that long (they're looking for a new guy now).

Drew

Reaction Score
Blatantly false unless being in the Atlantic 10 is somehow better than the OBE, new Big 12, and even old CUSA

Reaction Score
Blatantly false unless being in the Atlantic 10 is somehow better than the OBE, new Big 12, and even old CUSA
Since 1997 (25 years ago):

Xavier: 18 NCAA tournaments, 7 Sweet Sixteens, 3 Elite Eights, 4 Conference Tournament Championships

Cincinatti: 18 NCAA Tournaments, 2 Sweet Sixteens, 5 Conference Tournament Championships.

But yeah Cincinnati is soooo much better than Xavier.

Drew

Reaction Score
Since 1997 (25 years ago):

Xavier: 18 NCAA tournaments, 7 Sweet Sixteens, 3 Elite Eights, 4 Conference Tournament Championships

Cincinatti: 18 NCAA Tournaments, 2 Sweet Sixteens, 5 Conference Tournament Championships.

But yeah Cincinnati is soooo much better than Xavier.
Happy you finally realized that too.

Drew

Reaction Score
Hahaha you're such a loser
cry baby GIF

Reaction Score
I’ll be completely honest that I would not have guessed Xavier would sell more tickets than UConn. This season I could see them selling more than UC but that definitely will not be the case very soon with a big 12 schedule. Most Bearcats fans in Cincinnati are also likely not alumni. Most of the west side of Cincinnati is Bearcats fans. Most unfortunately probably can’t afford to go to a college basketball game. Xavier’s fans are mostly alumni (again I’m guessing but only going of my personal experience)
X has been the better program for over 20 years now, I'm not worried about UC.

Reaction Score
X has been the better program for over 20 years now, I'm not worried about UC.
No argument here. I still find it wild X has not picked up a lot more casual fans along the way in Cincinnati. During Huggins tenure it felt like UC fans were thinking national championship every year whereas Xavier fans popped out every once in a while to say “gotcha” after crosstown shootouts. Times have definitely changed

Reaction Score
No argument here. I still find it wild X has not picked up a lot more casual fans along the way in Cincinnati. During Huggins tenure it felt like UC fans were thinking national championship every year whereas Xavier fans popped out every once in a while to say “gotcha” after crosstown shootouts. Times have definitely changed
I think it's more common but I also really don't care. Been a diehard since birth and always will be.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
drew is out here doing the lords work. god bless him.

oops one of the best recruits in the little x mens history just de-committed. unlucky.

kobe

Reaction Score
the school has no base other than some religious folks.

the campus is hideous and is not in a lively part of town.

the academics are medicore so they do not attract top academic students from the catholic schools in the area.

its basically just GCL kids that didnt want to leave high school, so they go to xavier for college because they offer quite liberal scholarship money.

no one in their right mind would become a "casual" xavier fan unless they won a national title...and even then probably not.

Reaction Score

the academics are medicore so they do not attract top academic students from the catholic schools in the area.

its basically just GCL kids that didnt want to leave high school, so they go to xavier for college because they offer quite liberal scholarship money.

no one in their right mind would become a "casual" xavier fan unless they won a national title...and even then probably not.
Oddly I’ve come to know more Xavier fans (and season ticket holders) through marriage and not one of them is alumni. I didn’t think these fans existed before.

Campus is definitely in a boring part of town. It’s my only complaint about Uconn being in big East now. The pregame activities are non-existent compared to UC campus.

I am one of those GCL kids/UC alum and I still think there was a solid 10:1 ratio of UC/Xavier fans in high school, but it was the Kenyon Martin years.

You know the school I didn’t originally think about who outnumber Xavier fans?…. Miami (Ohio) and it’s also probably not even close!

Drew

Reaction Score
Oddly I’ve come to know more Xavier fans (and season ticket holders) through marriage and not one of them is alumni. I didn’t think these fans existed before.

Campus is definitely in a boring part of town. It’s my only complaint about Uconn being in big East now. The pregame activities are non-existent compared to UC campus.

I am one of those GCL kids/UC alum and I still think there was a solid 10:1 ratio of UC/Xavier fans in high school, but it was the Kenyon Martin years.

You know the school I didn’t originally think about who outnumber Xavier fans?…. Miami (Ohio) and it’s also probably not even close!
100% agree on Miami (OH). Decently rabid fanbase and very popular school in the OH area. Them and UC have the oldest annually played rivalry in college football. Hope UC keeps playing them when they get to the B12

Reaction Score

And yet we have been whooping on UC for the last 20 years. Who would you rather have, Sean Miller or Wes Miller?

kobe

Reaction Score
And yet we have been whooping on UC for the last 20 years. Who would you rather have, Sean Miller or Wes Miller?
1647899133283.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom