Worst movies ever | The Boneyard

Worst movies ever

Reaction Score
The Grudge. I think that was the flick. I don't even remember the movie, just that at the time thinking, this is just absolutely horrible.

Reaction Score
Ed Woods "Glenn or Glenda". Much worse than Wood's "Plan 9 From Outer Space" (at one point voted the worse movie ever made), and no where near as entertaining as bad movies can be.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The answer is the Ninth Gate. There can still be entertainment value in a bad movie. Not the Ninth Gate.

Reaction Score
The answer is the Ninth Gate. There can still be entertainment value in a bad movie. Not the Ninth Gate.
Bad superhero movies are the worst because they take themselves so seriously that they can't be accidentally entertaining. Green Lantern and the Fantastic Four (both versions) were really bad.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
No doubt in my mind. Superman 4: Quest for Peace. In a decade of bad movies it might be the worst. I loved the Superman movies as a kid but even 13 year old me knew that was a giant stinking turd.

Edit: Honest trailer:

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Batman and Robin, 1997, was terrible.

Battlefield Earth. I'd say Howard the Duck, but I like Lea Thompson too much.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
One of my daughters saw The Emoji Movie last night, apparently for the express purpose of seeing the worst movie ever. She got home too late for me to confirm whether it was a successful mission. I will check and report back.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Once Upon a Time in Mexico was just an ugly piece of crap. I think it was supposed to be funny.

Reaction Score
Nothing, The Core, The Happening, The Love Guru

Curiouser
Reaction Score
One of my daughters saw The Emoji Movie last night, apparently for the express purpose of seeing the worst movie ever. She got home too late for me to confirm whether it was a successful mission. I will check and report back.
"It was awfully amazing."

Reaction Score
"Of Unknown Origin" - supposed to be a horror movie, was about one homeowner's fight vs a pesky, hard-to-kill 80's style pest and the title referred the dictionary etymology of the word rat.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I'm going with two remakes that should never have even been considered, let alone approved:
Fun with Dick and Jane

and the most heinous remake in the history of remakes: The In-Laws.

I walked out of the former. I wanted to kill somebody after the latter.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Blair Witch 2 - Book of Shadows.

Watched it a couple days ago again. Holy crap its bad.

The original Blair Witch is no masterpiece by any stretch but as a period piece at the advent of the internet in the context of time of release it was an incredible event. I found the movie pretty frightening back in the day.

So last weekend it was on HBO and my daughter who likes horror flicks and her friend watched it and called the original the dumbest movie ever. Times and contexts change I guess.

Reaction Score
I'm sure I'll get pushback on this, but my criteria here is something that was allegedly good - Oscar nominated - in actuality it was horrible

Chariots of Fire - only time I've ever fallen asleep in a movie theater. Good lord.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I'm sure I'll get pushback on this, but my criteria here is something that was allegedly good - Oscar nominated - in actuality it was horrible

Chariots of Fire - only time I've ever fallen asleep in a movie theater. Good lord.

The English Patient was a slog too.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Chariots of Fire was a terrific movie. The English Patient was, too, but seeing that one once was enough for me. Both films were very British and you're either going to like them or you're not.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom