Worst movies ever | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Worst movies ever

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
We need some rules for this thread. For example, Twilight and it's offspring were truly terrible, but they were exactly what they were supposed to be.

Reaction Score
Every Jaws after Jaws 2. Not that 2 was good either....

Reaction Score
This thread should be worst movies with a general release...plenty of worse ones than these...

My date made me walk out of Let It Be with the Beatles...only time that ever happened...although at Alien my girlfriend went to the candy stand for a half hour after I told her it was safe to open her eyes right before the little alien jumps out of John Hurt's stomach...

I did sit through an 5-hour Ingmar Bergman film once...Fanny and Alexander...that was a toughie...

Reaction Score
cliffhanger (Sylvester Stallone), tango and cash, Star Wars episode 1 and 2, candy man, Halloween 3, ford fairlane.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I am willing to give bad movies that made no pretensions about being good a pass. The ones that I hate are the ones that take themselves seriously and still suck. The Master is one of those.

Reaction Score
I am willing to give bad movies that made no pretensions about being good a pass. The ones that I hate are the ones that take themselves seriously and still suck. The Master is one of those.
Maybe an "Overrated" category.

Grown Ups. I guess this wasn't horrible and it had some funny scenes, but it just seemed forced. Take a collection of funny guys and throw them together in a movie and it has to work, right?

Transformers movies. I tried to enjoy and they are entertaining to an extent. I usually just end up getting annoyed with the animation overload, watching cartoon robots endlessly battling each other as if one actually deserves to win a battle.

Reaction Score

Grown Ups. I guess this wasn't horrible and it had some funny scenes, but it just seemed forced. Take a collection of funny guys and throw them together in a movie and it has to work, right?

Transformers movies. I tried to enjoy and they are entertaining to an extent. I usually just end up getting annoyed with the animation overload, watching cartoon robots endlessly battling each other as if one actually deserves to win a battle.

Grown Ups was Fellini compared to Grown Ups 2.

Reaction Score
Waterworld and The Postman were terrible. WTF Costner?

Reaction Score
Love Story with Ryan O'Neal and Ali MacGraw. MacGraw can't act but she's beautiful so I watched.

I've watched many the questionable movie or television show just for the eye candy. Sad!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Many of these nominees are slow-moving. To me, slow-moving doesn't automatically mean awful. Awful comes in all tempos.

Reaction Score

You can pretty much include any Adam Sandler or Michael Bay movies in this thread.

Reaction Score
Waterworld and The Postman were terrible. WTF Costner?
Maybe its the nostalgia of the memory of theater hopping the day I saw it, but I'll always have a soft spot for Waterworld. Not a great movie by any means, but I've never considered it awful and certainly watchable to this day.

Reaction Score
Maybe its the nostalgia of the memory of theater hopping the day I saw it, but I'll always have a soft spot for Waterworld. Not a great movie by any means, but I've never considered it awful and certainly watchable to this day.

I agree. While certainly not as bad as advertised,Waterworld is certainly watchable. It's main problem is that it is a movie with a split personality, deadly serious while trying to be kooky at the same time, a mix that confused a lot of people. It wanted to be a Mad Max movie, but missed. It also didn't help that the Costner character wasn't likable.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Batman and Robin, 1997, was terrible.

Battlefield Earth. I'd say Howard the Duck, but I like Lea Thompson too much.

Battlefield Earth was decent satire actually.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
The original Blair Witch is no masterpiece by any stretch but as a period piece at the advent of the internet in the context of time of release it was an incredible event. I found the movie pretty frightening back in the day. Times and contexts change I guess.

What Blair Witch was, was the first real viral, guerrilla marketing film event. The movie itself was alright I guess, but it was really everything that led up to it which was the 'genius'.

People were freaked out walking IN to that movie.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

I liked it. Mainly for the idea and the filming of that. And I was a big Mad Max fan as a yoot.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

I liked it really. It needed better editing and was too long, but the concept was interesting and Coster was fine.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
What Blair Witch was, was the first real viral, guerrilla marketing film event. The movie itself was alright I guess, but it was really everything that led up to it which was the 'genius'.

People were freaked out walking IN to that movie.

Agreed. The movie was a letdown. The idea that people thought it was real, and that they were able to sell that notion for many weeks, that was brilliant.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom