Worst movies ever | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Worst movies ever

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Point Break, Total Recall, and Red Dawn

No RoboCop?

I certainly enjoyed those 80's movies growing up...but upon looking back they're pretty cheesy. The 80's was all about cheesy. The remakes skip the cheesiness. I know nobody likes to have their icons messed with. I thought most of the remakes were only guilty of being mediocre and unnecessary films, not all time worse (except Red Dawn, that was pretty bad).

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
No RoboCop?

I certainly enjoyed those 80's movies growing up...but upon looking back they're pretty cheesy. The 80's was all about cheesy. The remakes skip the cheesiness. I know nobody likes to have their icons messed with. I thought most of the remakes were only guilty of being mediocre and unnecessary films, not all time worse (except Red Dawn, that was pretty bad).

Forgot Robocop. That's on me.

They are bad particularly because they are unnecessary, but also the eighties versions were enjoyable because of the cheesiness. The remakes had a slim to zero shot at capturing any of that quality that made the originals any fun to begin with.

Reaction Score
Forgot Robocop. That's on me.

They are bad particularly because they are unnecessary, but also the eighties versions were enjoyable because of the cheesiness. The remakes had a slim to zero shot at capturing any of that quality that made the originals any fun to begin with.

Incredibly political as well.

Here's another: First Blood.

Reaction Score
A few more to add to the turd pile:

Storks - animated movie I watched with the kids. Terrible writing + screechy, loud voice actors = storks.

Good Luck Chuck - this was the movie that put the exclamation point after "Dane cook is an unfunny, unlikable, gimmicky hack"

Superstar - imagine taking the worst recurring SNL slot ever, stretching it to 90 minutes.... and then adding Tom Green.

Reaction Score
Bateman Returns, Batman Forever ... or generally all of the Batman movies without Jack Nicholson or Christian Bale - You could tell me that these movies could have been produced, written, directed and acted by neighborhood kids and I still would not believe how bad the product turned out to be.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
How about anything directed by Uwe Boll? I've only seen Bloodrayne and In the Name of the King. Both turds.

Wow, I had to look him up, he's made a ton of movies. Including multiple sequels to his own terrible films. Who is funding him to continue making movies? Can't believe any studio would still be backing him.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I actually did fall asleep with my daughter. Wouldn't dare do that with the boys...they'd be gone. :rolleyes:

That's what leashes are for.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I watched last night on YouTube - I've been told that watching it BEFORE you see The Disaster Artist really helps you get it.

Holy *%&% it was bad.

Seeing it tomorrow night. Looking forward to the splendor of its awfulness.

Reaction Score
The Conqueror - 1956 starring John Wayne as Genghis Kahn.

I've seen The Conqueror a couple times, and it is indeed pretty bad. John Wayne was in a bunch of excellent movies, particularly if they were directed by either John Ford or Howard Hawks. In those movies he was generally a great screen presence and exhibited a natural charm. As an actor he knew what to do when the camera was on him. None of these qualities that John Wayne had are all that apparent in The Conqueror, which very well might be the worst movie he was ever in.

The Conqueror is also well known for the cancer controversy that surrounds it. Out of a cast and crew of 22o, 91 developed cancer at some point following the completion of the film, including Wayne himself. The exterior scenes were filmed in the mid 1950's, downwind and not to far from a nuclear test site in Utah. While an actual association hasn't been proven, it is a controversy that dogs the film to this day.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I've seen The Conqueror a couple times, and it is indeed pretty bad. John Wayne was in a bunch of excellent movies, particularly if they were directed by either John Ford or Howard Hawks. In those movies he was generally a great screen presence and exhibited a natural charm. As an actor he knew what to do when the camera was on him. None of these qualities that John Wayne had are all that apparent in The Conqueror, which very well might be the worst movie he was ever in.

The Conqueror is also well known for the cancer controversy that surrounds it. Out of a cast and crew of 22o, 91 developed cancer at some point following the completion of the film, including Wayne himself. The exterior scenes were filmed in the mid 1950's, downwind and not to far from a nuclear test site in Utah. While an actual association hasn't been proven, it is a controversy that dogs the film to this day.
ALL of the major stars in the film died of cancer some at relatively young ages...Wayne, Susan Hayward died of a brain tumor at age 57, both Pedro Armendariz and Dick Powell died of cancer in 1963, seven years after the film was made. Agnes Moorehead died in 1974 of uterine cancer, and character actor John Hoyt died of lung cancer but like Wayne was diagnosed years before his death, in the early 60's. The statistical evidence is overwhelming. Of the 220 people who worked on the film 91 developed cancer, some being rare forms of the disease, and 46 died, many just a few years after the movie was made. Almost as bad as the location filming was for exposure to the fallout, was the fact that the Production company trucked tons and tons of the desert dirt they filmed on back to Hollywood and used it for the scenes shot on sound stages and on the back lot, so the ground looked the same whether in the location shots or on the Hollywood sets. No telling how many RADS those people were exposed to, but I'm sure some more than others. The movie was a disaster on many levels.

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The Conqueror - 1956 starring John Wayne as Genghis Kahn.
Never saw it. But I remember reading that there are scenes where you can clearly see Genghis wearing a watch.

Reaction Score
Never saw it. But I remember reading that there are scenes where you can clearly see Genghis wearing a watch.
Reminds me of the "Braveheart" blooper. When Mel Gibson is standing in front of all his Scottish warriors ready to attack the British with swords and spears on the other side of a large field, several of the crazy Scot's way in the back are wearing sunglasses. Lol

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
Suicide Squad +10,000. The cast alone should've made it a better movie. Die DC
Movies, die.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The Grudge. I think that was the flick. I don't even remember the movie, just that at the time thinking, this is just absolutely horrible.

I kinda had a crush of sorts on Sarah Michelle Gellar back then (from her Buffy days), so I gave it a pass.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Horrific. Good call.

My wife and I saw a doozy last night.

The kid had a friend sleepover, so I lost my den for the night. Wife wanted to watch a movie and there was absolutely nothing appealing so we opted for Apple's 99-cent movie of the week, The Shack.

I realize now that it is a Christian movie - that is not my thing, but no judgements there.

The movie was horribly written, brutally directed, acting was abysmal and the editing horrendous.

Sam Worthington forgot to hide his accent for short stretches of the movie.

At one point, his family is on the phone and they are talking about driving home to him in a snowstorm and he tells them not to because he "has never seen it this bad out." And then he goes outside and there is about 2" of snow on the ground after the storm. All right.

Later, in the snowy woods, he runs into an easy going guy of Middle-Eastern descent carrying some firewood who turns out to be Jesus. Jesus tells him, hey, come with me, we have a fire going...

So he follows Jesus and when they get to the shack, the shack isn't in the snowy woods...it is miraculously and intentionally in the middle of a lush, green summer forest. And there is no fire going because it's summer there...so why was Jesus gathering firewood? Because the movie is stupid.

For the record, Jesus was Middle Eastern. God was an African-American woman for a while until she became a Native American man. There is also a young Asian woman with them in the shack, but I couldn't tell if she was Mary or if she just checked another minority box.

Honestly, I need some of you to go see it so we can talk about it. There is a scene where Sam Worthington races Jesus across a lake that really should end Worthington's career.

I saw the first Kirk Cameron Left Behind movie in an actual movie theatre.

These movies deserve their day on the big
screen.

Reaction Score
LOL

I like both those movies. Especially Nashville.

Those were the days, Billy Jack movies. For me, they were always something to avoid. I did catch a bit of one or two them on TV a couple of times. I found myself switching the channel not all that long after.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I saw the first Kirk Cameron Left Behind movie in an actual movie theatre.

These movies deserve their day on the big
screen.

Please see The Shack. I’ll reimburse you.

I need to discuss it with someone.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This was playing on HBO:

This is probably the most watchable scene in the movie. It is so profoundly bad that it should have a surgeon generals warning label.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Did anyone mention Baywatch? It wasn't funny, it tried to be a serious action movie at times and failed at that, really different tone than the TV series, couldn't really figure out what it was trying to do. For anyone concerned about objectification or sexism, at least it was equal opportunity w/ the camera shamelessly ogling both the male and female characters. It also for some reason included a bunch of F bombs. I'm not prudish and can handle some language (unless I'm watching a movie w/ my parents, then it gets awkward), but it seemed really out of place in this flick.

Reaction Score
Incredibly political as well.

Here's another: First Blood.
First Blood was a well made film, and one of the most successful films ever made, financially speaking. Maybe Stallone's best after Rocky. What was bad about First Blood was all the pure garbage Rambo sequels it spawned.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom