World Series Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

World Series Thread

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Every single close call in this series is going Houston’s way.

Reaction Score
Agree but that wasn't even a close call, that was a royal screwjob. Love that Davey Martinez is sticking up for his guys.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Nationals getting jobbed.

I think technically the correct call.

the problems were 2 fold:

Gurriel fielding it improperly and turner hits his glove even if he did run in the “lane”

and

the design of the bases/lanes is beyond dumb. If they’re going to use this setup, use the double lane

and they don’t always call this. They missed a more Obvious one against their dodgers in last years World Series

Reaction Score
Rendon might have saved MLB, imagine deciding a World Series on that. They still look really bad though...

Joon Lee on Twitter: "Trea Turner: “Joe Torre is sitting right there … he’s sitting with his head down trying not to look up.” https://post original url/BM92dbAKGN" / Twitter

Reaction Score
Stupid rule and they chose a bad team to apply it. But that's the right call

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Tomorrow, Mad Max comin'.

the Q

Reaction Score

add the double bag and it’s never controversial again.

Reaction Score

That was absolutely not the right call and you can’t make that call in a critical game of a World Series. The runner has the right to get to the bag and he was in no way outside of the base path there. Atrocious call to the extent that the umpire crew should either get fined or be reprimanded in some way. Unfortunately for the Nats it wasn’t a reviewable play. Kudos to Martinez for getting tossed even after Rendon hit the home run to put them up 3.

Reaction Score
That was absolutely not the right call and you can’t make that call in a critical game of a World Series. The runner has the right to get to the bag and he was in no way outside of the base path there. Atrocious call to the extent that the umpire crew should either get fined or be reprimanded in some way. Unfortunately for the Nats it wasn’t a reviewable play. Kudos to Martinez for getting tossed even after Rendon hit the home run to put them up 3.
Trea Turner ran in fair territory the entire time, the base path is a 3 foot box in foul territory. He never even ran in the base path the entire time. Want to tell me they shouldn't make that call in the 7th inning of a WS game, absolutely. Want to tell me it's not the correct call, that's wrong.

Reaction Score
If that's the right call, every runner who ever runs down the line for a single needs to be called out.
There's a second half, you also have to interfere with the fielder catching the throw. Which doesn't apply in that scenario
1D64555D-ABD2-48F3-9487-97C0D13B6E16.jpeg

the Q

Reaction Score
If that's the right call, every runner who ever runs down the line for a single needs to be called out.

Not every runner interferes with the play.

altuve was Inside the lane for his play as well.

If you run outside the lane you run the risk of being out.

Reaction Score
Trea Turner ran in fair territory the entire time, the base path is a 3 foot box in foul territory. He never even ran in the base path the entire time. Want to tell me they shouldn't make that call in the 7th inning of a WS game, absolutely. Want to tell me it's not the correct call, that's wrong.

You clearly don’t watch much baseball. Not going to argue with you about it. There’s a reason that Davey Martinez almost had another heart attack on the field...I’ll give you a hint, it wasn’t because he was upset because of the rule, it was a straight up botched call and one that couldn’t be reviewed after.

Reaction Score
You clearly don’t watch much baseball. Not going to argue with you about it. There’s a reason that Davey Martinez almost had another heart attack on the field...I’ll give you a hint, it wasn’t because he was upset because of the rule, it was a straight up botched call and one that couldn’t be reviewed after.
Lol I watch every single Mets game and multiple other games in pieces every night. But I'm not going to argue this, I posted the rule. If you choose not to interpret it the same way that's on you. It's a horrible call to make at that point of the game. But based on the rule it's correct

the Q

Reaction Score
Hopefully this play gets us the double bag.

Then there is zero excuse to ever be running in fair territory.

Reaction Score
Lol I watch every single Mets game and multiple other games in pieces every night. But I'm not going to argue this, I posted the rule. If you choose not to interpret it the same way that's on you

No offense to you, but I don’t consider watching the Mets baseball. I have a close family member who is an umpire at the college level and he texted me right after that play and said “wow, that was an awful call”

Reaction Score
Lol I watch every single Mets game and multiple other games in pieces every night. But I'm not going to argue this, I posted the rule. If you choose not to interpret it the same way that's on you. It's a horrible call to make at that point of the game. But based on the rule it's correct
It's a horrible call at any time in a game, if you make that call you'll be calling people out at first all game long.

Reaction Score
It's a horrible call at any time in a game, if you make that call you'll be calling people out at first all game long.
Absolutely, you'd be calling that 15 times a game if you enforced the rule all the time. My only point is that it is the rule and should obviously be changed

Reaction Score
No offense to you, but I don’t consider watching the Mets baseball. I have a close family member who is an umpire at the college level and he texted me right after that play and said “wow, that was an awful call”
Well spoiler, the Mets do play baseball. And again, you're missing the point. Bad call, absolutely. Bad rule, absolutely. But it's the rule

Reaction Score
The running lane (3-foot box) only applies to the last 45 feet of the first base path. He's veering somewhat back towards the bag as he approaches it. He's literally inches to the left of the line, which is considered part of the 3-foot box.
The interference rule also says the throw *must* be catchable. Arguably, that one was not since the first baseman had to reach across the bag into what would've been the base path to catch it.

Applying that rule in that time, given the runner's position, the bad throw, and the circumstance, would be like calling a 10-second free throw violation in a tied national championship game with 30 seconds left.

Reaction Score
The running lane (3-foot box) only applies to the last 45 feet of the first base path. He's veering somewhat back towards the bag as he approaches it. He's literally inches to the left of the line, which is considered part of the 3-foot box.
The interference rule also says the throw *must* be catchable. Arguably, that one was not since the first baseman had to reach across the bag into what would've been the base path to catch it.

Applying that rule in that time, given the runner's position, the bad throw, and the circumstance, would be like calling a 10-second free throw violation in a tied national championship game with 30 seconds left.
Yeah the throw being catchable is definitely arguable. It was really close and can't let that decide a game. Luckily it didn't

Reaction Score

It would be a ridiculously bad call in the second inning of the second game of the season between the Marlins and Reds.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom