OT: - World Cup | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT: World Cup

Reaction Score
Wow, what a weak call for Ronaldo PK.
The Renaldo PK is a classic soft call.
No penalty at all. The Ref should have gone to the video tape as I have. 50/50 ball, shoulder to shoulder. Ronaldo trips. If the defender isn't allowed to play defense on a 50/50 ball, I don't know what the point of a defender is anymore. It's the world cup. Earn it.

Reaction Score
No penalty at all. The Ref should have gone to the video tape as I have. 50/50 ball, shoulder to shoulder. Ronaldo trips. If the defender isn't allowed to play defense on a 50/50 ball, I don't know what the point of a defender is anymore. It's the world cup. Earn it.

Pretty Boy flops............................surprise!

Reaction Score
It's my conclusion that beating Iran is key. Who just beat a team we couldn't beat.
It did take Iran 98 minutes and being up a man to beat wales. Although it did look like quite a few good scoring opportunities for both sides watching the highlights.

Reaction Score
Is it me or is there a lot of parity this cup? The only real stompings were Spain and England. The Dutch just drew with Ecuador. A lot of big names sweating it out or losing.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Winter WC didn't allow teams much time to gel. This helps lesser teams who draw mostly from their domestic leagues and can train together more often.

Also, many of the world's best players are hurt, old, or missing because their nations didn't qualify.

The length of games is also helping the better conditioned teams.

Lots of opportunities, but the cream will rise to the top in the knockouts.

Reaction Score
National Anthems played and I feel intense! GO USA

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
England really shutting down our favorite move, attacking down the left side with Robinson. They aren’t letting him make that run. US passing hasn’t been crisp.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
Love the tactic by GG to frustrate Eng in the back.. Musah looks scared. We got the bad Dest. Kane is going to be a problem. Going to need plenty of those blocks.

Robinson has room. MCKENNIE HAS TO BURY THAT!!!

Any back pass in the center if the field courts disaster.

26 in, so far so good

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
We were all rightfully critical of US corners last match as far as delivery. Today the delivery is there but there is no action within the box.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
England really shutting down our favorite move, attacking down the left side with Robinson. They aren’t letting him make that run. US passing hasn’t been crisp.
Robinson looks hesitant and not knowing where to position himself on transitions

Reaction Score
If we draw here, the problem is that we'll still need to beat Iran, but Iran will most likely be able to play for the draw (only eliminated with a draw if Wales beats England). They'll almost certainly pack it in and play for 0-0.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
Robinsons is doing three jobs at the same time. He's been a beast.

Save for his horrible touch, so has McKennie. Wright has contributed.

Dest and Musah should be 1/2 off. If McKennie can go 90. I put Arronson in for Musah and Reyna in for Weah. I don't think we have a good option for Dest. 50/50 on replacing him with Yedlin and I'm a bit scared to use Scally.

If we don't convert our chances, we will lose. Can't defend for 90 min and hope to keep England off the board. Helps they are playing like crap, but they can open us up at anytime.

2nd half is going to be intense. Best case is to find an Eruzione early then hold on for dear life. But, don't sag back, keep pushing forward. England is weak playing out of the back.

The longer Stones ane McGuire have the ball, the better.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Good tie for me. My England will play on and US should beat Iran. USA had a great plan and England was playing not to lose. USA had the best chances and should be proud. McGuire proved he belonged on the 3Lions side.

Reaction Score
U.S. played well. Controlled the tempo of the game. England seemed disinterested. Maguire was their best player. Kane was a non-factor.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I'll take the draw and the point. Course a win would have been better. But we control our destiny. Beat Iran and we're through.

Reaction Score
Are USA and England that close or was England just playing hard enough to draw? I expected a much more difficult time for us.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
It's my conclusion that beating Iran is key. Who just beat a team we couldn't beat.
On the other hand, iran lost 6-2 to a team we tied so there's that. The prize is in front of us and it's very achievable.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Are USA and England that close or was England just playing hard enough to draw? I expected a much more difficult time for us.
I was surprised that England did not get more aggressive offensively in the second half. I'm guessing they figured they'd roll the dice on opportunities opening up eventually (like that Kane header on the corner at the end) but play conservatively with a win under their belt. They also have GD if needed.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score

Overly conservative and sluggish. Only they know why.

I'm stunned/curious why Southgate didn't play Foden. He would have eaten our lunch wide (Dest). The guy is a stone killer just coming into his prime.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
The agenda has been the same since the groups were announced...beat Iran. USA controls their own destiny. Win and advance to the knockout stages where anything can happen.

Reaction Score
On the other hand, iran lost 6-2 to a team we tied so there's that. The prize is in front of us and it's very achievable.
Transitive property doesn't work here.

England beat Iran 6-2.
Iran beat Wales 2-0.
Wales drew against us.
We drew against England, even though in theory we should be 6 goals worse.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom