OT: - World Cup 2018 | Page 33 | The Boneyard

OT: World Cup 2018

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I said the same thing live, but it was a lot tougher shot from a different angle (looking from above); he was coming across so fast after splitting the defenders that he couldn't get anything on it. Maybe he could have taken a touch and looked, but that would have cut off the angle even more.
I think he was just gassed tbh

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Weird, in my head he was on the right (brain fart). Nobody filled the middle for most of the first half. It was wide open. Not sure what the strategy was there.
Go back a few pages and I posted th formation they played

Reaction Score
Even with Matuidi out in the quarterfinal I like France’s chances against Portugal or Uruguay. Kante and Pogba are a fantastic duo.

Devastating counter attack today.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Go back a few pages and I posted th formation they played

You're right, I just was watching the middle being completely vacant and was like what the @#$%? And that's what came (incorrectly) to my mind when I typed that. I'm used to him playing on the right for Barcelona....and just brain farted.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Pavards goal was just a bomb that deflated any hopes and emotion or Argentina winning.

Especially post Di Maria's amazing effort. HIGH to low so quickly from an emotional perspective.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Even with Matuidi out in the quarterfinal I like France’s chances against Portugal or Uruguay. Kante and Pogba are a fantastic duo.

Devastating counter attack today.

France has more than enough in reserve to replace him.

That said, Argentina's defense was garbage all tournament long, giving France even more of an advantage there. We'll see how that plays out going forward for France.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
France has more than enough in reserve to replace him.

That said, Argentina's defense was garbage all tournament long, giving France even more of an advantage there. We'll see how that plays out going forward for France.
They still have dembele and Lemar on the bench

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
You're right, I just was watching the middle being completely vacant and was like what the @#$%? And that's what came (incorrectly) to my mind when I typed that. I'm used to him playing on the right for Barcelona....and just brain farted.
And Argentina could’ve done that. They could’ve had Aguero/Higuain in the middle, Messi on the right, and Dybala/Di Maria on the left

Reaction Score
time for Messi to come to America and join the Galaxy. LOL
Unlike the boy band outfitted drunk of a Rooney, Messi has a few more years in his European tank. However, Miami would be a good fit culturally and there's Beckham's start up

Reaction Score
Unlike the boy band outfitted drunk of a Rooney, Messi has a few more years in his European tank. However, Miami would be a good fit culturally and there's Beckham's start up
A 34-35 year old Messi in the MLS would be what Pirlo should have been. Agreed, Miami would be a perfect fit.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
A 34-35 year old Messi in the MLS would be what Pirlo should have been. Agreed, Miami would be a perfect fit.
From what I read there are only two teams Messi said he’d play for. Barcelona and then retire with an Argentina team

Reaction Score
That was an awesome goal-perfect position and perfect pass.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
They were not the favorites. Not even close

On the original odds I saw they were right behind Brazil. But several “experts” picked them to win.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Pulling for Portugal here. But if Uruguay wins, I’ll root for them to upset France. And they could.

Reaction Score
From what I read there are only two teams Messi said he’d play for. Barcelona and then retire with an Argentina team
Safe to rule out Real Salt Lake, but Messi wouldn't be the first guy with way more than enough to retire who's stated he'd only play for an original or long term club team or a native country team to take an MLS, Chinese league, etc. bag of dinero. Given Messi/agents reportedly reached out to Beckham & Co previously, perhaps he'd/they'd accept a call from Becks ... just sharing this gossip

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Uruguay is a very underrated team IMO, they and are very solid at every position and obviously, Suarez is always a handful. He just needs to keep his fetish in check.

Agreed. Not sure why they were overlooked. They were clearly better than Argentina in qualifying.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom