OT: - World Cup 2018 | Page 32 | The Boneyard

OT: World Cup 2018

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
When your game plan revolves around luck for the better part of 18 months, eventually it will catch up to you. The dysfunction within the AFA is mind blowing. It's sad to see Messi go out like this. It will not be sad to see sampaoli go.

Frances's confidence is building. Not sure if anyone will be able to touch them.

They were the favorite coming in. Belgium has the horses to play with them. Brazil is always dangerous. No idea if the Croatians are strong enough or not. France is deep. Lots of weapons.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
They were the favorite coming in. Belgium has the horses to play with them. Brazil is always dangerous. No idea if the Croatians are strong enough or not. France is deep. Lots of weapons.
They were not the favorites. Not even close

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Did you actually think Argentina would win going in though?
No. I wanted them. I thought France and Spain due to talent and experience. Brazil has talent but I feel they are too complacent. Now I think it could be Belgium/France vs Croatia/Spain

Reaction Score
No. I wanted them. I thought France and Spain due to talent and experience. Brazil has talent but I feel they are too complacent. Now I think it could be Belgium/France vs Croatia/Spain
I like those picks.

Reaction Score
They were not the favorites. Not even close
... particularly after struggling in CONMEBOL qualifying only to rally late to qualify (.500 record?), dealing with known coach-player relationship issues and questionable game day player selection dating back to qualifying, etc

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Argentina center back is just not fast enough (especially RCB).. Forced the weakside to come over to help, allowing the run space.

Their entire defense is not fast enough. And lacks talent.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Messi can’t do crap with this team and coach. Portugal is better coached and uses ronaldo very well. Argentina loses their #1 goalie before the tourney and their coach completely this up.

Sampaoli has been a failure. I kinda like the guy, but he meddles so much it seems like he's throwing snow against the wall to see what sticks.

Argentina's D (and goalie) just doesn't have enough. And their attack isn't coordinated well enough. Sampa sticks Messi out on the right side to die. That's not where he needs to be on this team.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Sampaoli has been a failure. I kinda like the guy, but he meddles so much it seems like he's throwing snow against the wall to see what sticks.

Argentina's D (and goalie) just doesn't have enough. And their attack isn't coordinated well enough. Sampa sticks Messi out on the right side to die. That's not where he needs to be on this team.
Messi didn’t even play on the right side. He was the lone striker which he doesn’t play. Sampaoli used Messi terribly

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Messi has to bury that.

I said the same thing live, but it was a lot tougher shot from a different angle (looking from above); he was coming across so fast after splitting the defenders that he couldn't get anything on it. Maybe he could have taken a touch and looked, but that would have cut off the angle even more.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Messi didn’t even play on the right side. He was the lone striker which he doesn’t play. Sampaoli used Messi terribly

Weird, in my head he was on the right (brain fart). Nobody filled the middle for most of the first half. It was wide open. Not sure what the strategy was there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom