OT: - World Cup 2018 | Page 30 | The Boneyard

OT: World Cup 2018

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Great games, who you got? I initially am thinking France and Uruguay, but I feel like Ronaldo could get it done.

France, then Portugal. Uruguay is the better side, but Ronaldo is a beast. He's the man in big moments. I used to despise the guy, but I've come around. He's so over the top it makes me laugh now. I like him. Even so, you never know with the mad vampire at the other end of the pitch...he might net 3 goals in a rout.

If France starts clicking, they could easily win the whole damn thing. They're young, so lack the experience, but young talent can surprise. Their manager will be their undoing I think.

I'd like Argentina to win, not because I particularly care about the team, I just want Messi to do well. I think he's hard done by when it comes to the NT; takes more blame than he should.

This WC is great, because there's no team where you're like, "OK, that team's in the finals." It's a toss up.

Reaction Score
France, then Portugal. Uruguay is the better side, but Ronaldo is a beast. He's the man in big moments. I used to despise the guy, but I've come around. He's so over the top it makes me laugh now. I like him. Even so, you never know with the mad vampire at the other end of the pitch...he might net 3 goals in a rout.

If France starts clicking, they could easily win the whole damn thing. They're young, so lack the experience, but young talent can surprise. Their manager will be their undoing I think.

I'd like Argentina to win, not because I particularly care about the team, I just want Messi to do well. I think he's hard done by when it comes to the NT; takes more blame than he should.

This WC is great, because there's no team where you're like, "OK, that team's in the finals." It's a toss up.
I agree with all this, I used to dislike Ronaldo, honestly similarly to how I used to feel about LeBron, but you can’t deny greatness. I want Messi to win, he is Chares Barkley and AI in terms of never having a major championship, to the umpteenth degree. Uruguay has a great back line and a world class attack, but I think Ronaldo and Quaresma may be able to get it done. Such a tough matchup to predict.

Reaction Score
Les Bleus - 2
Albiceleste - 1

La Celeste - 1
Selecção das Quinas - 0

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
This is it. Huge games today. I want Argentina and I think they could pull it off if their coach plays the right lineup. He’s been terrible this World Cup. You can’t leave Pavon, Aguero, Higuain, and Dybala on the bench. Their midfield is hit or miss but played better last game. France has so much talent on that team is unreal. Hopefully 70,000 Argentina fans show up again and Messi does his magic.

Uruguay and Portugal should be a very close game. I don’t think Portugal is that good but they play well together and can squeak out wins like they did in the Euro. Uruguay is a solid team with their defense and forwards. Their midfield might hurt them. Should be a great game.

Hoping Argentina moves on and wins it all. Doesn’t matter to me who wins the other game today. The hype around a Messi vs Ronaldo game would be levels we’ve never seen before in any sport and annoying too. An Argentina vs Uruguay game will extremely physical and loud. Just like South American games usually are.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
W-T-F is Sampaoli doing?! Is he actually trying to lose?! Three of your best players are on the bench. Look at that formation wtf

6EA1964F-3C24-4A53-A5D9-84DDD329E08F.png

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm rooting for the South Americans in both but won't be heartbroken if France wins.

Reaction Score
I still don't think Nigeria got a fair shake in that match and find Argentina annoying in thier style of play so go France!

I guess Uruguay in the other match..

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Argentina needs to bring in Aguero or Higuain so when Messi roams there is someone up top to play to. Then they can figure out to bring in Dybala or one of the other two. Argentina is getting to stretched out leaving wholes for France to play into and then they just let Mbappe fly

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Second game when it feels like it’s being played on Argentina. Holy crap is it loud

Reaction Score
Argentina needs to bring in Aguero or Higuain so when Messi roams there is someone up top to play to. Then they can figure out to bring in Dybala or one of the other two. Argentina is getting to stretched out leaving wholes for France to play into and then they just let Mbappe fly

I think Meola or whomever is commentating is wrong.

You're right their problem is the France counter. They're controlling the ball WAY too high against a packed D. They need to give up more possession and rely on their own counter from Di Maria and Messi and if you want to sub somebody in, whomever else is their fastest striker. (Aguero or Dybala?)

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
What a rip!! Only thing he’s done all tournament

He didn't start the first couple iirc. I'm not even sure if he played in one of them. Only when he's been back in have they looked better.

Sampaoli too much meddling

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom