WNBA thread | Page 10 | The Boneyard

WNBA thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Wow! Loyd w/ a catch and shoot off the inbound w/ .8 sec. left. Just like they drew it up. 105-102. Dodged a bullet.

Jewell went full-on Arike against Dallas. That was a GREAT shot! Waaaaay up in the air, but dead on all the way.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Loyd w/ 25, Stewie 23, Talbot 21, Russell 12. 10 assists for Bird.

24 for Mabrey, 22 for Ogunbowale, Sabally 18, Gray 15.

I get Wing Coach Vicki Johnson wanting to have a true PG (MoJeff) in to control the last-second shots, but at least in OT, I thought she should've made sure Alisha Gray also was on the floor (she was not) to give the Wings annother true drive option. No one on the Storm was able to stop her left-handed drives to the basket in the second half, and she could've penetrated and gotten a shot off and/or dished off to Mabrey, Sabally and/or Arike.

Still, credit to Jewel for the last 1/2-second moonball and props to Dallas for coming back...twice...from double figures down. If you like up and down hoops, this was your game. Although they've lost both, Dallas has now taken the Storm to OT twice.

BTW, I thought Bella Alarie played well at what she did: playing D, rebounding, setting screens, which the younger Dallas posts were not doing. She could/should be spelling Harrison,even with Thornton back (Like Thornton's grit, but Alarie adds height) With Sabally and Gray back to join Mabrey and Arike, not everyone needs to score.

Last edited:

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Jewell went full-on Arike against Dallas. That was a GREAT shot! Waaaaay up in the air, but dead on all the way.

Yes, it's interesting to have the Irish facing off against one another. I thought of the Ms. State Arike shot on that one, too. Heck, she got that over Sabally, who is tall.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Always happy to see Mabrey consternation but I cant see what the Dallas sideline people have to argue with Mabrey on the last play?? :confused::confused:

Reaction Score
Always happy to see Mabrey consternation but I cant see what the Dallas sideline people have to argue with Mabrey on the last play?? :confused::confused:
Initially, Mabrey was guarding Loyd...who set the baseline pick for Bird. Mabrey switched on the pick and chased Bird (who is a clutch 3 point shooter) to the corner...versus following Lyod to the top of the key. Personally...I think Mabrey read the pick correctly. It's her teammate who should have chased Loyd...which she does after just enough of a delay to give Loyd a running start. I think at the moment...the loss stung and Mabrey was someone's scapegoat.

Reaction Score
Gosh, Seattle's D is just awful. If they don't repeat, that will be the reason why. But you can't lose 3 of the best defenders in the league, replace them with...not the best defenders, and expect to have the same result.
Dupree needs to sit, and Ezi needs those minutes. Only need to go 8 deep with Canada, KLS, and Ezi, with an occasional Prince. That will make the defensive rotations better. Also by cutting down on the rotation, can get Stewie and Jewell more rest.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Initially, Mabrey was guarding Loyd...who set the baseline pick for Bird. Mabrey switched on the pick and chased Bird (who is a clutch 3 point shooter) to the corner...versus following Lyod to the top of the key. Personally...I think Mabrey read the pick correctly. It's her teammate who should have chased Loyd...which she does after just enough of a delay to give Loyd a running start. I think at the moment...the loss stung and Mabrey was someone's scapegoat.

Completely agree with you here. Gray was a half-step behind Bird off the back screen and Mabey did the right thing going with her. Gray then chased Loyd and Sabally (?) was out there, too. Hey, she nailed a moonball falling back towards half-court over Sabally's reach. Hard enough to hit with no one on you.

Complainer is just that....

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Washington on a 13-0 run ties the game at 90 with 1+ minute left and more problematic, looks like Jackie Young jammed her knee

Well. Vegas holds on 96-93. I cant believe how good Aja Wilson has become as a free throw shooter. 25 straight made. Hypnosis? :eek:

Last edited:
W

wolfe613

I think it's time to say A'Ja Wilson is the best player in the WNBA!

W

wolfe613

In your dreams, a player needs to win a tittle before they are in the conversation. She is one of the best players, but you need to show up in the playoffs.
who the hell mentioned careers I said this season she is the best player in the WNBA idc what anyone says

Reaction Score
Odd game to choose to make this declaration seeing as she went 3-14, for the worst shooting percentage among the Aces' 5 starters. But I agree that she's among the best.
FG% is deceiving of overall performance if you didn’t watch the game (not saying you did or didn’t, just pointing it out). She still finished with 15 and 15 without missing a single free throw and had a massive putback, rebound, and steal to close the game as the Mystics made their run.

W

wolfe613

FWIW, I adore Wilson and think she’s a top-two talent in the league, but I really think Stewart’s overall game edges here at this stage.
no it's close I think they are by far ahead of the next tier from what have I seen, definitely not gonna knock anyone if they say Stewart is the best and trust me I watched the ATH special on the Wnba and I was surprised before the season started 2 of the ppl on said Aja was best player in the lg but this season has really made me a believer

Reaction Score
Completely agree with you here. Gray was a half-step behind Bird off the back screen and Mabey did the right thing gong with her. Gray then chased Loyd and Sabally (?) was out there, too. Hey, she nailed a moonball falling back towards half-court over Sabally's reach. Hard enough to hit with no one on you.

Complainer is just that....
Besides...you can't defend luck! It's undefeated!

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
FWIW, I adore Wilson and think she’s a top-two talent in the league, but I really think Stewart’s overall game edges here at this stage.
I'd take Stewart too but A'ja and Jonquel both have a case.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Liberty holding their own with CN so far. 29-28 Sun 5+ minutes 2Q

Reaction Score
I get Wing Coach Vicki Johnson wanting to have a true PG (MoJeff) in to control the last-second shots, but at least in OT, I thought she should've made sure Alisha Gray also was on the floor (she was not) to give the Wings annother true drive option. No one on the Storm was able to stop her left-handed drives to the basket in the second half, and she could've penetrated and gotten a shot off and/or dished off to Mabrey, Sabally and/or Arike.

Still, credit to Jewel for the last 1/2-second moonball and props to Dallas for coming back...twice...from double figures down. If you like up and down hoops, this was your game. Although they've lost both, Dallas has now taken the Storm to OT twice.

BTW, I thought Bella Alarie played well at what she did: playing D, rebounding, setting screens, which the younger Dallas posts were not doing. She could/should be spelling Harrison,even with Thornton back (Like Thornton's grit, but Alarie adds height) With Sabally and Gray back to join Mabrey and Arike, not everyone needs to score.
Alisha Gray is reaching that next level in her career. Watching her in 3x3 has shown that

Reaction Score
Didnt see it mentioned here. Congrats to Karlie. If she is still with the Sparks, Sunday July 4th, Seattle at LA
Karlie is already in the list.

Screenshot_3.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member