WNBA thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

WNBA thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Yeah, but 4 points in those minutes? That just doesn't cut it. Wilson had 30 and Cambage and Hamby were both in double figures. I think A'ja matched her 13 reb. as well.

I know, you can't expect Stokes to match Wilson. The fact they only have 2 bigs in their rotation currently is insane, and neither is really a WNBA starting caliber player.
I was just contrasting her to Shook who looked like a Pinata and Cambage was pushing her all over the place. I really am concerned about the Liberty's reliance on 3 pt shooting and pick/roll offense. Some nights, it is just not there. And Aja had her best game of the year.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Speaking of the Sky...they gave up on their #8 draft pick after 4 games. Traded Shyla Heal to the Wings for Dana Evans. Dallas promptly cut Heal. She certainly didn't look anywhere close to WNBA ready from the little bit of her I saw.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Speaking of the Sky...they gave up on their #8 draft pick after 4 games. Traded Shyla Heal to the Wings for Dana Evans. Dallas promptly cut Heal. She certainly didn't look anywhere close to WNBA ready from the little bit of her I saw.
No one knew who Heal was. Did not see her in any Mock drafts I remember (yes, international players were considered)

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
How in the world did the Fever hang around w/ the Storm the other day? They are getting crushed by the shorthanded Sparks at the moment.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Merc have the Sky right where they want them...Chicago up by 13 early in Q4. Just wait for another epic collapse.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Plum and Dolson both played today. Seattle and Dallas weren't in action tonight, so the other members of the 3X3 team will have to wait to make their return for their respective team.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
It's happening. 13 point lead is erased. Tied w/ about 30 seconds left. Never count out the Sky to choke away a lead.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Game is going OT.

Vandersloot is now in 4th place for career assists. Whalen you're next!

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Sky led most of OT, but lost, again. 6 in a row I think.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Sparks are up 36 on the Fever, without Nneka. Or Chiney. Their entire frontcourt at this point is Zahui B. and Coffey. Let that sink in for a minute.

AZgirl

Pac-12 women's sports all day long
Reaction Score
Sky led most of OT, but lost, again. 6 in a row I think.
Had they not enjoyed a big advantage in free throws for most of the game, I don't think they would have led at all. They shot very poorly from the field.
The Mercury picked up on the boards and the line late in the game.
My second time seeing Phoenix in person this year. They were so much better than on their home opener.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Sparks are up 36 on the Fever, without Nneka. Or Chiney. Their entire frontcourt at this point is Zahui B. and Coffey. Let that sink in for a minute.
Indiana is a sinkhole

Reaction Score
Indiana is a sinkhole
As long as they have both of the Mitchell's as starters they will continue to be horrible. Those two make Arike look like an WNBA MVP.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Did anyone know Dana evans was traded to the Sky??
With all these little guards like Aari McDonald and Dana Evans not really making a mark (yet?), more appreciation to Crystal Dangerfield. Her season has been tougher this year but she still can create her own shots including the clutch score to tie before OT and timely assists of their win against CN.

Reaction Score
Yeah, but 4 points in those minutes? That just doesn't cut it. Wilson had 30 and Cambage and Hamby were both in double figures. I think A'ja matched her 13 reb. as well.

I know, you can't expect Stokes to match Wilson. The fact they only have 2 bigs in their rotation currently is insane, and neither is really a WNBA starting caliber player.
Kia did her job. She held Cambage to 12.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Kia did her job. She held Cambage to 12.
Cambage played 24 minutes. Her replacement scored 13. So Stokes got outscored 25-4. So yeah, no. Don't try to sell me on she held her own, she did not.

Reaction Score
With all these little guards like Aari McDonald and Dana Evans not really making a mark (yet?), more appreciation to Crystal Dangerfield. Her season has been tougher this year but she still can create her own shots including the clutch score to tie before OT and timely assists of their win against CN.
Not only these two guards, the rookies this year are not impressive so far.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Collier sank 2 free throws with 1.5 seconds left to win it for the Lynx. Dangerfield was having a great 4th quarter till two turnovers toward the end. The Lynx will be fine going forward I think,

Collier had 26 points on 12 shots, 7 rebounds, 2 assists, 3 steals

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Talbot ain't ready to give her starting spot back to KLS. She and Russell are carrying Seattle so far most of the way thru Q1.

Mabrey is torching the Storm...again.

Reaction Score
Collier sank 2 free throws with 1.5 seconds left to win it for the Lynx. Dangerfield was having a great 4th quarter till two turnovers toward the end. The Lynx will be fine going forward I think,
Collier 26 plus Dangerfield 13 points, Lynx 86-84. Hayes also has 23 points.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
This looks almost exactly the same as the last Seattle-Dallas game started. 34-28 Storm thru Q1. Really up tempo. O is better than D for both teams.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Wow, if you thought commercials on network tv were bad...Amazon says hold my beer. They are promo-ing their original shows, pretty much on a loop, every break. There's about 4 of them, and they've already done each about half a dozen times. Super, super annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom