WNBA thread | Page 17 | The Boneyard

WNBA thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Mabrey 28 points in 18 minutes.

She had cooled off the last few games. Not tonight!

On 13 shots! Damn!

Mabrey: 9-13 overall, 5-8 from three and 5-5 from the FT line. And, as Orangutan pointed out, in (just under) 18 minutes.

Overall, Dallas shot 50% overall, 17-28 from 3 and a perfect 14-14 from the line.
They also had 40 rebounds (to the Lynx's 26). Pretty much a complete reversal of the first game.

Reaction Score
Did not see the game but the Lynx unable to play defense is mind blowing.
More impressed with Arike 6-14 and has 6 assists, great game got her teammates involved. That is the way she should play, she has the talent, to make her teammates better.

Reaction Score
Mabrey: 9-13 overall, 5-8 from three and 5-5 from the FT line. And, as Orangutan pointed out, in (just under) 18 minutes.

Overall, Dallas shot 50% overall, 17-28 from 3 and a perfect 14-14 from the line.
They also had 40 rebounds (to the Lynx's 26). Pretty much a complete reversal of the first game.

Like her or not, among the ND graduates in the past few years, I am most impressed with Mabrey.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
WNBA 25 year game LA / Liberty being played out on ESPN. Sabrina coming off the bench. Nice story if she has a great game.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Liberty beat the "evil" Sparks. 76-73. Fitting that another Rebecca (Allen) puts the dagger in by blocking 2 3pt shots by the Sparks on the 25th year anniversary and then a higher power intervened by having Coffey barely miss a tying 3pt shot. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Only feel bad about Karlie taking the loss.

And that higher power is doing overtime as DeChambeau falls out of the lead position. ;)

Reaction Score
Liberty beat the "evil" Sparks. 76-73. Fitting that another Rebecca (Allen) puts the dagger in by blocking 2 3pt shots by the Sparks on the 25th year anniversary and then a higher power intervened by having Coffey barely miss a tying 3pt shot. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Only feel bad about Karlie taking the loss.

And that higher power is doing overtime as DeChambeau falls out of the lead position. ;)
The one person in golf I can't stand. They should narrow all the fairways, grow the rough 6 or more inches and
make the pro's have to make shots, and not just have equipment be able to overpower the courses.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
The one person in golf I can't stand. They should narrow all the fairways, grow the rough 6 or more inches and n
make the pro's have to make shots, and not just habe equipment be able to overpower the courses.
"Doofus" just double bogied 13.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I've been having trouble accessing the site lately.

Plum followed up her career game w/ just a ho hum 18 pts and 7 assists (both team highs) in another blowout win over the Liberty. It's unfortunate the Aces are hitting a lull in their schedule because she definitely seems to have found her groove since coming back from 3X3 tournament.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I was thinking the Dallas coach totally outsmarted herself taking Mabrey out of the starting lineup. She'd been arguably their best player this season up to that point, then seemed to go in a slump. Looked like her minutes were cut way back. Not sure which players were deserving more minutes who have been as productive as Mabrey was before the change.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I watched the Liberty-Sparks game on Sunday. How do you turn the ball over 29 times...and still win? That defies pretty much everything I thought I knew about basketball.

I gotta give props to Sami Whitcomb. 17 pts (5-8 shooting, 3-6 behind the arc), 9 reb., 3 assists. There may not be many of them, but those UW Huskies have been ballin' lately!

Stats be damned, every time I watch the Lib, I don't like the way Laney plays. She has quickly upgraded herself to superstar status in her own mind, there's no tough shot she won't force and no amount of traffic in the lane she won't drive into. Hard to believe a little over a year ago she was an absolute nobody in the W. Now she's a legend...at least in her own mind. I was super impressed w/ her 9 TOs though... :rolleyes:

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I was thinking the Dallas coach totally outsmarted herself taking Mabrey out of the starting lineup. She'd been arguably their best player this season up to that point, then seemed to go in a slump. Looked like her minutes were cut way back. Not sure which players were deserving more minutes who have been as productive as Mabrey was before the change.

Well, in the start of the season:
  • Allisha Gray got the start at small forward, then she went to the 3x3 championships
  • During that spell, Marina got into the starting lineup
  • When Alisha got back, Coach J upped Gray's minutes off the bench, then put her in the starting lineup, yanking Mabrey.
  • Then, she pulled Grey, saying she was having a hard time adjusting from not playng ISO or pick and roll ball. Mabrey was thrust into the starting lineup, went 0-8 and promptly was benched again for....
  • Thornton! Who is not really a wing, but what the heck.
  • Mabrey comes in and destroys the Lynx in less than 18 minutes.
  • Stay tuned for the Conn. game tonight.

This does not even begin to touch on the PG ying-yang (MoJeff? Harris? Neither nor?).

On the other hand, she does seem to realize that as games go on, a combination of Sabally--Harrison and Alarie gives somewhat sound work in the middle. (Collier starts halves, but that's about it).

Stay tuned...

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Well, in the start of the season:
  • Allisha Gray got the start at small forward, then she went to the 3x3 championships
  • During that spell, Marina got into the starting lineup
  • When Alisha got back, Coach J upped Gray's minutes off the bench, then put her in the starting lineup, yanking Mabrey.
  • Then, she pulled Grey, saying she was having a hard time adjusting from not playng ISO or pick and roll ball. Mabrey was thrust into the starting lineup, went 0-8 and promptly was benched again for....
  • Thornton! Who is not really a wing, but what the heck.
  • Mabrey comes in and destroys the Lynx in less than 18 minutes.
  • Stay tuned for the Conn. game tonight.

This does not even begin to touch on the PG ying-yang (MoJeff? Harris? Neither nor?).

On the other hand, she does seem to realize that as games go on, a combination of Sabally--Harrison and Alarie give sound work in the middle. (Collier starts halves, but that's about it).

Stay tuned...
Only way to follow the Wings is through an interpreter. :oops:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Sky on fire, 6 straight wins. Hammered the Lib. It was such a blowout that Sloot and Parker both sat out the 4th quarter, both had double doubles thru only 3 quarters.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Sky on fire, 6 straight wins. Hammered the Lib. It was such a blowout that Sloot and Parker both sat out the 4th quarter, both had double doubles thru only 3 quarters.
I think Parker had her double double at halftime.

23 points, 12 rebounds, 6 assists in 23:06.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
watching Vegas Golden Knights game, Kelsey Plum doing the siren!
Kelsey has been doing the rounds lately. She also showed up at the last UFC event

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Kelsey has been doing the rounds lately. She also showed up at the last UFC event

I'm not sure what her in was, but she recently did the matchmaking on some UFC bouts.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I'm not sure what her in was, but she recently did the matchmaking on some UFC bouts.
Looked it up, it appears her in was the boss himself.

"While rehabbing the injury at the UFC Performance Institute in Vegas, Plum playfully instigated a fight between Kevin Lee and Michael Johnson, who were both unaware that she was testing out her matchmaking skills. Plum enthusiastically shared the details on her Instagram Story, which caught the attention of UFC President Dana White."

W

wolfe613

Looked it up, it appears her in was the boss himself.

"While rehabbing the injury at the UFC Performance Institute in Vegas, Plum playfully instigated a fight between Kevin Lee and Michael Johnson, who were both unaware that she was testing out her matchmaking skills. Plum enthusiastically shared the details on her Instagram Story, which caught the attention of UFC President Dana White."
as a raiders fan it has been really nice to see how Vegas has embraced all the sports teams in the community

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Charles wrecked the Storm. In this case 1>3 in terms of UConn alums.

I'm gonna need @Dokey to explain to me one more time how much better KLS is than Talbot. Katie Lou scored 2 points in 19 minutes. Talbot scored 5 in 6 minutes. Neither had an assist. KLS did grab more rebounds, but so what.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom