WNBA Opening Night Games. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

WNBA Opening Night Games.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
She hasn't been able to translate her all around game to the WNBA very well since she arrived. Seems like she has no true position. Can't play in the post against the bigger players, and not enough of a jump shot to be a reliable guard. About the only thing she's really done well in the W is pass, so she fits the bill for a team that needs a defensive-minded, pass-first PG that isn't a scoring threat away from the rim...and it's been a long time since a player like that was in demand.
Gabby can shoot better than she has shown and just has to relax. I think her issue is she gets very down on herself if things don't go well early. And defensively, she seems to gamble too much at times. I think she can settle down into a good overall player but she may be best suited for Europe where her heart seems to be and it seems in future, players cant do both.

Reaction Score
Gabby can shoot better than she has shown and just has to relax. I think her issue is she gets very down on herself if things don't go well early. And defensively, she seems to gamble too much at times. I think she can settle down into a good overall player but she may be best suited for Europe where her heart seems to be and it seems in future, players cant do both.
Well said.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Aces jumped all over Mystics in Q1. Wash. w/ a rally to start Q2, then LV closed the half pulling away again. Young and Plum leading the way w/ 14 each. Wilson was fairly quiet until the end of the half, but scored 6 late to get to double figures. Hines-Allen and EDD leading the Mystics w/ 9 and 7. Machida has plenty of potential. Aces up 13.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Holy cow, Mystics destroy Aces in Q3 24-7 and now up 4. LV just completely fell apart.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Tale of two halves. Washington turned up the defense, Vegas just looked AWFUL after halftime. Mystics win by 13, and it really wasn't that close. Wilson disappeared in 2nd half, Gray was a no show for the whole game. EDD looks pretty close to fully healthy, glad to see that. Yeah, Machida is a baller.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Paige and Azzi were in the front row right beside the Mystics bench.

Geez, the Mystics put the hurt on the Aces in the second half. I just got done watching it on dvr. I watched the second half of the Lynx-Fever on League Pass. When Dangerfield was playing for the Lynx, Coach Reeve said she always wanted Crystal in the game at the end. Sure enough, Coach Stanley had Crystal in at the end of the game, and she played great. Had an assist that put the Fever ahead, scored another basket or teo, made all her free throws. . . Plus Yvonne Turner had a couple of turnovers for the Lynx. Great move that, letting Dangerfield go and signing Turner.

Henderson and Dangerfield could be really good together. I think they had something like 18 points and 11 assists and both played good defense. And talk about 40 minutes of energy!

Reaction Score
Benzan had 12 off the bench, 3 3's. Mystics have some nice rookies--Austin, Machida, Benzan. Maybe they won the Draft?
I have a hard time thinking of Machida as a rookie. I know she is in regards to the WNBA but she has been doing this for years and against WNBA players during international competition.

Too soon to say who won the draft just yet though. I agree that Austin and Benzan have impressed but there are a lot of games to play still.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Chennedy Carter with a chance for a revenge game against ATL...went scoreless on 0-7 shooting and LA lost. I guess the Sparks won't be going undefeated this year.

edit--Canada had another good game though, she must be ecstatic to be out of Seattle

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Funny

Tina Charles hits a 3 pointer at the end of the 3rd quarter.
She pats Sue Bird on the butt.
I guess Sue didnt like it. Watch Sue's reaction.
Cant the UConn girls get along?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
No Stewie, Storm get blown out by Merc.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Alysha Clark made her debut for the Mystics, but they lost at home to the Wings. Good luck figuring out who is gonna win any particular match up so far this season. Arike went off for Dallas.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Aces thumped the Dream on the road. All 5 starters in double figures between 11-15 points, Riquna made her season debut and 14 off the bench. 16 3's, not the norm for them. Plum dropped 11 dimes. She's not that far off the pace for season leaders in that category thus far.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Big win for Dallas, huge night for Arike after a dreadful opener. I wouldn't be shocked if Collier (the #1 pick from 2021) fails to make a roster next year. I don't think a #1 pick has ever been as ineffective in year 2 as Collier has been so far.

Also a big win for Indiana who is now 2-2. Great night for the younger players on both teams. Ionescu with 31/7 assists and 4 steals on great shooting, Nalyssa Smith with 12/17, Queen Egbo with 8 points, 14 boards and 4 assists. Egbo is proving a lot of doubters wrong early on, she's making an early case for All Rookie team after everyone thought she was underwhelming as a 1st round draft pick.

Victoria Vivians also with a big 20 point night which is great to see after minimal production the last few year after her ACL tear.

Reaction Score
Egbo is proving a lot of doubters wrong early on, she's making an early case for All Rookie team after everyone thought she was underwhelming as a 1st round draft pick.
She has looked good, between her and Smith. Killed Liberty on the boards by a margin of 57-33 tonight. She always had the talent but played up and down at times during her college career.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
How is it that Connecticut has only played ONE game so far, while several teams have played 4? They do play later today, but that is just bizarre.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
How is it that Connecticut has only played ONE game so far, while several teams have played 4? They do play later today, but that is just bizarre.
Sparks at CT 7PM ET

Reaction Score
Trying to watch on Facebook. Is it working?
No, last time WNBA Facebook's post was May 30, 2018. This is a joke.

Screenshot (20).png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom