WNBA Opening Night Games. | Page 12 | The Boneyard

WNBA Opening Night Games.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
A lot of role players have great to solid stats overseas and warm the bench in the WNBA. To be honest, Gabby played a great game last night on both ends of the court.

In Europe, Gabby can play within herself since her athleticism gives her a lot of buffer and confidence but in the WNBA where the athletic gap is much less, things are far more challenging

I agree with the Defensive end where she was excellent and at times spectacular. Unfortunately, she over thinks and gets 'nervous' on the offensive end since it is clear she wants so much to excel in the WNBA and especially at home. She had the opportunity to end the game in regulation making 1 of 2 FTs and missed both.

It would be great if Stewie (or Sue) could do a Vulcan Mind Meld with Gabby. :oops:

Reaction Score
In Europe, Gabby can play within herself since her athleticism gives her a lot of buffer and confidence but in the WNBA where the athletic gap is much less, things are far more challenging

I agree with the Defensive end where she was excellent and at times spectacular. Unfortunately, she over thinks and gets 'nervous' on the offensive end since it is clear she wants so much to excel in the WNBA and especially at home. She had the opportunity to end the game in regulation making 1 of 2 FTs and missed both.

It would be great if Stewie (or Sue) could do a Vulcan Mind Meld with Gabby. :oops:

Gabby as long as Ezi is playing center just needs to be the 5th scorer. If she hits her open shots and occasionally drives to score, she will be ok.
If Russell comes back and is playing, then she will need to score more, because Russell mainly plays defense, and sets picks.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
don't understand how Gabby can be such a great player internationally and overseas, but a mediocre one in the WNBA.
Overseas employment comes with the expectation of being a scoring leader for USA players. The WNBA has plenty of scores, they are looking for a complete game and defensive stoppers.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Entertaining start to Chicago-Las Vegas. 23-22 Sky thru Q1. Really clean game, only 1 combined TO, not many FTs.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Young is struggling for the first time this season, but the other 4 Aces starters are in double figures before halftime and they have a double digit lead now. Plum is balling.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Aces start
Young is struggling for the first time this season, but the other 4 Aces starters are in double figures before halftime and they have a double digit lead now. Plum is balling.
Shooting off but 5 Assists, 2 rebounds, 2BS and 1 steal

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Aces start

Shooting off but 5 Assists, 2 rebounds, 2BS and 1 steal
Missing some bunnies. Maybe she and Copper are basically cancelling each other out on offense.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Missing some bunnies. Maybe she and Copper are basically cancelling each other out on offense.
In the second half, Sky missing every conceivable shot. Seems they are totally psyched out team from Coach Wade's hero worship of the Aces on down.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Terrible 3 point shooting this game. Aces 4-16, Sky 4-26.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
That second half was ugly. Neither team could put the ball in the hoop. Chicago cut an 18 point lead to as little as 4, but Vegas held on down the stretch.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
That second half was ugly. Neither team could put the ball in the hoop. Chicago cut an 18 point lead to as little as 4, but Vegas held on down the stretch.
I appreciate the grit of the Sky in the 2nd half but one player in particular I cant figure out is Meesseman. She has so many tools but is not connecting the dots and I do not recall her outside shot being so bad. All season. And Copper seems pretty rusty.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The Aces are going to need some bench production or the starters are going to get worn out. They might have the weakest second five in the league. Hopefully Williams will be back soon.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
The Aces are going to need some bench production or the starters are going to get worn out. They might have the weakest second five in the league. Hopefully Williams will be back soon.
The bench is weak enough, you really don't wanna see more than maybe two of them in at a time. I don't understand playing Plaisance and Stokes together with Wilson and Hamby both out. Those 2 were scoreless in 25 combined minutes today. Colson had maybe one good game this year, but she's providing nothing lately. Then you have a couple rookies who have a long way to go to be significant contributors.

Reaction Score
Sooo…. Rae Burrell under went knee surgery… ummm why didn’t she do it during her college career?? Is this the same reason why E didn’t??

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
The bench is weak enough, you really don't wanna see more than maybe two of them in at a time. I don't understand playing Plaisance and Stokes together with Wilson and Hamby both out. Those 2 were scoreless in 25 combined minutes today. Colson had maybe one good game this year, but she's providing nothing lately. Then you have a couple rookies who have a long way to go to be significant contributors.
Plaisance seems to have some scoring punch in general. At least spread the floor but maybe does not do well with the pace LV likes to play at

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Mystics Sun game looking very good so far. 24-23 Sun early in 2Q

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Plaisance seems to have some scoring punch in general. At least spread the floor but maybe does not do well with the pace LV likes to play at
Plaisance with mostly starters is fine. She can knock down the 3 and spread the floor. But Stokes is an absolute non factor on offense, if you have both of them in plus 1 or 2 other subs, offense is gonna be a problem.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Why oh why can't I watch the Mystics (in suburban DC) live when they're playing away? I thought since it was on the NBA network, I should be able to, but no. AFAIK there's no local contract; I can't remember the last time I've seen a Mystics game on a local station or sports network.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Is it time for Phoenix to panic yet? Got destroyed by Atlanta today, fell to 2-6. Their season might be completely lost if Griner can't return.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Is it time for Phoenix to panic yet? Got destroyed by Atlanta today, fell to 2-6. Their season might be completely lost if Griner can't return.
WNBA's luck. A marquee team like DT's mercury on CBS (not CBSSN) dismantled and not getting the ball in the basket.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Liberty being Stormed. Stewie all world excellence on display. I like Han on the Liberty but so many underperforming players. So many forced passes. :(:(

I just cant take it anymore. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Liberty being Stormed. Stewie all world excellence on display. I like Han on the Liberty but so many underperforming players. So many forced passes. :(:(

I just cant take it anymore. :mad::mad::mad::mad:
Bring back Hopkins...:rolleyes:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Wow, Storm brought back Kiana Williams. Didn't expect that.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Lavender leading the way w/ 12 points on 6-7 shooting.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom