WNBA Opening Night Games. | The Boneyard

WNBA Opening Night Games.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
LA-CHI is a real high quality game. 88-88 heading into OT. I do not think there has been a double point lead on either side.

Hope this thread will induce discussion of the games. Alot of star and clutch performances as well as bone head plays.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Washington handled Indiana. Big game for EDD. No Clark for the Mystics, has she not been cleared to play yet?

Reaction Score
So far Storm - Lynx is a great game.
Mystic - Fever, so happy that is seems EDD is back and healthy
Anyway, what happened to Allie Quigley? Is she injured?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
No Copper either. Are some players overseas still? Sky only played 7.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
So...in her Sparks debut, Canada had 21 pts and 8 assists. I think she's a better player than many here gave her credit for. Her last year w/ Seattle might've been the worst of her career, looks like a change was good for her.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Plum and Hamby both starting for the Aces. No more super bench...but maybe no more starting most games trailing either. I know Laimbeer won a couple titles way back when, but he sure made a lot of questionable decisions while coaching in Vegas.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Clark has practiced, hopes to be back soon, no date set AFAIK.

Quigley tweaked a knee, they’re thinking three games. I didn’t hear what the deal is with Copper, but it didn’t sound serious.

Indiana played really well for about ten minutes. The rookies looked better than the vets to me, especially Smith Engstlet and Egbo.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I didn't get to see it, but Plum had a nice line w/ 20 pts (5-9 behind the arc), 6 reb, 7 assists.

Did the Merc miss Griner or Brondello's excellent coaching or both? Looks like they were never in this one.

Storm outscored Lynx by 20 in Q3, otherwise the game was about even. Looks like some of those grizzled vets on the bench were productive--Prince and Lavender. Talbot too.

Bird and Taurasi both w/ 9 assists tonight, they each gained one on Sloot.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
So far Storm - Lynx is a great game.
Mystic - Fever, so happy that is seems EDD is back and healthy
Injured Knee. They said she may be back for game 3

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I watched 4 minutes of Sun vs. Lib. NY looks god awful. Had to quit watching. They were scoreless when I pulled the plug. Alyssa Thomas commits an offensive foul pretty much every time she touches the ball, yet still whines at the ref looking for a call in her favor.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I watched 4 minutes of Sun vs. Lib. NY looks god awful. Had to quit watching. They were scoreless when I pulled the plug. Alyssa Thomas commits an offensive foul pretty much every time she touches the ball, yet still whines at the ref looking for a call in her favor.
Liberty came back to make it 19-15 with Natasha Howard making some tough shots. But Conn just has such a great post game. Too much although I like how Cubaj gets her nose dirty

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Sabrina looking good with 12 points in first half. Really sharp. Has alot of Plum in her. Liberty and CN tied at 30

Reaction Score
Ionescu has 12 pts and Howard has 10 pts for Liberty's 30 - 30 Sun.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Holy Cripee. Sabrina is going to be an All Star if she stays healthy 38-30 NY at half.

Said my piece before we get sha\uttered for in game reporting even though no one uses the chat with so little WNBA demand.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Welll….. it worked
Barely! Good job Lib. Looks like Whitcomb did some stat sheet stuffing after a slow start. Ionescu with a big game.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Dallas fell behind by 19 in first Q then a furious rally in 2Q to cut the lead at halftime to 39-35. Moriah started but team crapped out while she played. Not sure she will be a starter in the long run and only got 4 minutes. Mabrey just continues to amaze with her ability to make tough shots.

Reaction Score
The Las Vegas Aces looked sharp! If they can keep that type of balance scoring attack and defensive effort going, other teams are in trouble. But the season is long. Anything can change.

LA/Chicago. I was looking forward to this game. Was not disappointed. Great game.

Seattle/Minnesota: My Lynx looked pretty good in the 1st half. Seattle turned up in that 2nd half and could not be stopped.

Washington/Indiana: Happy to see EDD back out there. That was a fun game to watch.

Will have to watch the games for today (Saturday) in the morning.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Liberty / CT felt like a UConn / SC game to me . The brilliant PG leading the way over the Post dominant team. Liberty doing it with 3pt shooting and tough defense that above all competed and went after their posts hard. Only AT had a top level game for the Sun. Hope they can sustain it. The place looked electric like it seemed to me all the home town crowds. It seems opening weekend did well (unless the fans were holograms or shipped in from a camp :rolleyes: )

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
New look Sparks improve to 2-0 w/ a 10 point win over Indiana. Big game for Cambage, 22 pts/11 reb. Canada with another decent game.

I didn't follow this, but good for Alanna Smith getting out of Phoenix. Had 10 off the bench for Indiana. Henderson had 19. Some rookies are hitting the ground running.

Reaction Score
Dallas fell behind by 19 in first Q then a furious rally in 2Q to cut the lead at halftime to 39-35. Moriah started but team crapped out while she played. Not sure she will be a starter in the long run and only got 4 minutes. Mabrey just continues to amaze with her ability to make tough shots.
EC4B8145-4DCF-4DA2-9561-0426BA02A3A9.jpeg

She didn’t start, Ty did. Just like Moriah, Dallas is going to screw up Ty’s career too. They just keep plugging in the next PG they draft while moving the prior one farther down the bench.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom