WNBA Opening Night Games.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
CT front court pounding LA so far.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
So...other than one big game, Cambage not really doing that much for LA. Carter doing almost nothing so far. Raise your hand if you predicted Canada would be their best addition thru free agency/trade. Appears to be the case so far.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Sky edge the Lynx in the nightcap. Sloot started a little slow by her standards in the assists department, but with 11 today I think that puts her back in her usual spot leading the league per game.

Guess who is #2? Kelsey Plum.

Reaction Score
Kudos to Jefferson, Milic and Westbrook for being able to step in and contribute the way they did last night. Yes, it's expected as they're pros, but with less than 36 hours and facing the Sky, you never know what to expect.

The roster decisions, while some head scratching and some logical, Minnesota could hopefully be onto something. The Lynx found core players for their roster in this fashion before. I recall Carleton being a late edition to the team after being cut by the Sun as a rookie. She turned that into a long term situation by showing she could fit a role with the team. Hoping the same can happen for Jefferson and Westbrook.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

In a tumultuous week with significant roster churn, Jefferson signed with the team Friday. She got in one practice and one shootaround. And then she went out Saturday and scored 16 points with five assists. She got the Lynx offense flowing. She kept the ball moving.

"Seems point guard isn't that hard," Lynx coach Cheryl Reeve joked. "Don't overthink it. Just show up and play. Moriah gave our team confidence. It let our team settle in and do what they usually do. That position was taking care of."

No comments on Evina. :oops:

Reaction Score
Boggles the mind Baylor lost in the round of 32.
Because Destanni is now on that team I watch their games. I thought the same thing.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
The new direction Liberty are off to a rough start.

Ryne Howard might do ok in the W. Dropped 30+ today, gotta be among the league leaders in scoring, and Atlanta looks improved from last season.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Why is Nalyssa Smith not playing in the Indiana / Atlanta game?

Edit. Oh I see. Sprained Ankle.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I think she got injured at the very end of the last game with the Dream.
Thanks. Just looked it up. Sprained Ankle. Sounds game to game.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Glad Naz got some minutes out there.
Productive. 8 pts/5 reb/3 assists.

Looking at ATL's roster, seems kinda cobbled together, but they are 4-1. Jettisoned most of the players that were responsible for Team Chaos it appears.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Wings jumped out to an 18-6 lead on the Mystics, but Washington came storming back, were up 3 at the half. Now the Mystics are blowing them out in Q3. Kinda like they did to the Aces.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
A'ja Wilson and Ryne Howard were named the Players of the Week. I don't even think Wilson was the best player on her own team. Who votes for this stuff? Young and Plum are driving the bus for the Aces, and Hamby is doing pretty much exactly the same as Wilson, minus the blocked shots.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Somebody got hurt for the Mystics. I missed who it was. Hines-Allen has only logged 7 minutes, so it was probably her? I thought it was a guard but Cloud and Atkins are both over 20 minutes. It happened in the first half, whoever it was.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Somebody got hurt for the Mystics. I missed who it was. Hines-Allen has only logged 7 minutes, so it was probably her? I thought it was a guard but Cloud and Atkins are both over 20 minutes. It happened in the first half, whoever it was.
Yes. Myesha Hines Allen went down with a Knee Injury. Did not look good.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Yeah, I've had the sound off and only halfway watching. Agreed, looked bad.

Reaction Score
I was just about to post something about that. She and Howard have both looked WNBA ready from Day 1. Makes you wonder why their teams didn't do better in the most recent NCAA Tourney.

Let’s be honest… Howard took time off in a lot of games

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I thought it looked like she and Harrison (?) knocked knees and Hines-Allen may have a quad bruise or something. We'll see.

Agree with everyone about Austin. I saw her first two years with UMD, hardly saw her at Ole Miss. Announcers keep talking about her being "offensively raw", but she's been hitting some tough shots, finding some good shots, and not playing beyond herself in the three games I've seen.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Merc thumping Aces so far.

What did Plum do to all the WNBA refs? They hate her this year, she can't catch a break.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Merc thumping Aces so far.

What did Plum do to all the WNBA refs? They hate her this year, she can't catch a break.
Aces cut the lead. 43-39 Mercury at half. Tina with some much needed offense to hold the Mercury together.

Did I see Diana go after Skylar on the bench?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom