eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Lynx cant buy a bucket. 47-23 deficit at half

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
View attachment 76282
She didn’t start, Ty did. Just like Moriah, Dallas is going to screw up Ty’s career too. They just keep plugging in the next PG they draft while moving the prior one farther down the bench.
Moriah's career was screwed up by injuries sustained in Las Vegas/San Antonio. Harris's problem is she's never shown she can score at a consistent level which is why her career hasn't taken off. I don't think Dallas in the root of the problem for either player, though I'll admit playing in Dallas likely isn't an ideal scenario for each.

Reaction Score
Plum and Hamby both starting for the Aces. No more super bench...but maybe no more starting most games trailing either. I know Laimbeer won a couple titles way back when, but he sure made a lot of questionable decisions while coaching in Vegas.
Las Vegas probably is the best team in the league at the beginning of the year.
Their top 7 are as good as any in the league.
A'ja now has room to operate, and defense should be better.
Liz was big , but never quick on defense.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
If Jackie Young can consistently knock down 3's like she did tonight, she's gonna be REALLY hard to guard. She and Wilson got off to hot starts against the Storm. Hamby didn't score a lot but she pulled down 19 rebounds. Plum couldn't hit anything most of the game, but she scored 14 in Q4 during winning time.

Stewie started off red hot, didn't get enough help early. Prince took over Q3 when the Storm briefly battled back to grab the lead.

Colson had some good minutes, otherwise not much production from the bench for the Aces. I'm assuming Riquna Williams is injured, hasn't played in either game.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I was barely watching it, but the Mystics tried really hard to blow what seemed like an insurmountable lead against the Lynx. It was at least as much as 25 and got down to 8 if not closer. No EDD, most of the game looked like they didn't even miss her.

Reaction Score
futures bet on Vegas, this is the best team and they have a real head coach now unlike that bum Lambeir.

Reaction Score
If Jackie Young can consistently knock down 3's like she did tonight, she's gonna be REALLY hard to guard. She and Wilson got off to hot starts against the Storm. Hamby didn't score a lot but she pulled down 19 rebounds. Plum couldn't hit anything most of the game, but she scored 14 in Q4 during winning time.

Stewie started off red hot, didn't get enough help early. Prince took over Q3 when the Storm briefly battled back to grab the lead.

Colson had some good minutes, otherwise not much production from the bench for the Aces. I'm assuming Riquna Williams is injured, hasn't played in either game.
She was on the bench in street clothes. I assume she is close to coming back because she was questionable for this game.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I was barely watching it, but the Mystics tried really hard to blow what seemed like an insurmountable lead against the Lynx. It was at least as much as 25 and got down to 8 if not closer. No EDD, most of the game looked like they didn't even miss her.
It was more that the Lynx found the on switch. After the first five minutes, they were really just airmailing it for about 20. after about eight turnovers in ten possessions, I was thinking as I was watching, "This is what they got of Dangerfield for?"

On a bright note for Lynx fans, Jess Shepard finally seems the player I was thinking she'd be. She's been through the wringer, but she's looked like the high-motor player she was her senior season, and she's also finally passing as she's capable.

Reaction Score
It was more that the Lynx found the on switch. After the first five minutes, they were really just airmailing it for about 20. after about eight turnovers in ten possessions, I was thinking as I was watching, "This is what they got of Dangerfield for?"

On a bright note for Lynx fans, Jess Shepard finally seems the player I was thinking she'd be. She's been through the wringer, but she's looked like the high-motor player she was her senior season, and she's also finally passing as she's capable.
That second quarter was the Lynx's downfall. A 23-4 quarter put them in a hole that was impossible to get out of.

I'm scratching my head after watching the guard play. I was thinking the same thing, but probably had a few more colourful words in my thoughts. :rolleyes:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Unfortunately, Gabby was scoreless. Missed quite a few open jumpers. Got to give the Storm a viable 4th option. I thought she got her confidence straightened out in Europe.

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score

The Ace starting 5 have started out the year on a mission. Hamby and Plum both seem like they are ready to show out as full time starters.

But after being the deepest team in the league for a while, they're not getting a ton of offense from the bench. That will change when Riquina Williams is healthy, but will be interesting to see how this team looks if they get in foul trouble/anyone suffers an injury.

Mystics got lazy after building the big lead, but their offense, even without EDD last night, looks to be on fire.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Did the Merc miss Griner or Brondello's excellent coaching or both? Looks like they were never in this one.
The Mercury were missing Brittney Griner, Brianna Turner, and Diamond DeShields.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
It was more that the Lynx found the on switch. After the first five minutes, they were really just airmailing it for about 20.
Yeah, but I think the Mystics hit the off switch at the same time. Q4 was almost as lopsided as Q2, just the roles were reversed.

Reaction Score
Minnesota is gonna have a pretty long season. The team, for the last few years, has started slow and then figured things out. Coach Reeves mentioned the lack of intensity of the team and effort. I will get worried after they have played 12-15 games.

Shakria Austin!! OMG She is going to be a Player in the League. Just efficient. No wasted effort.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, Gabby was scoreless. Missed quite a few open jumpers. Got to give the Storm a viable 4th option. I thought she got her confidence straightened out in Europe.
If Gabby doesn't find a way to contribute on offense, she probably will come off the bench when Russell gets back.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
If Gabby doesn't find a way to contribute on offense, she probably will come off the bench when Russell gets back.
Big lineup w/ Stewie, Russell and Magbegor all starting?

It was only 1 game, but I definitely didn't see the Alysha Clark, only better, player that some were describing.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Feels like Gabby and Lexie Hull suffer from a similar problem in the W: they just aren't amazing at finding the basket. (I think Williams is better at layups and short floaters and Hull is better from outside.) They are terrific defenders, rebounders (for their size), and hustle players, but the margin for error is so small in the W.

Reaction Score
Big lineup w/ Stewie, Russell and Magbegor all starting?

It was only 1 game, but I definitely didn't see the Alysha Clark, only better, player that some were describing.
That could happen if Gabby doesn't play better.

Reaction Score
That could happen if Gabby doesn't play better.
She hasn't been able to translate her all around game to the WNBA very well since she arrived. Seems like she has no true position. Can't play in the post against the bigger players, and not enough of a jump shot to be a reliable guard. About the only thing she's really done well in the W is pass, so she fits the bill for a team that needs a defensive-minded, pass-first PG that isn't a scoring threat away from the rim...and it's been a long time since a player like that was in demand.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
so she fits the bill for a team that needs a defensive-minded, pass-first PG that isn't a scoring threat away from the rim
It sounds like you just described Jordin Canada, who the Storm let walk away. Although she's off to a nice start with LA.

Reaction Score
It sounds like you just described Jordin Canada, who the Storm let walk away. Although she's off to a nice start with LA.
I don't know if she always had that scoring ability but suppressed it or what, but I'm sure that Sparks leadership is pleasantly surprised by how well she's started off the season.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Canada has a decent jump shot but she just really doesn't connect well beyond 5-8 feet out. I also think Canada is faster and can navigate in traffic better, so she at least gets to the rim with more gusto than Williams does.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I don't know if she always had that scoring ability but suppressed it or what, but I'm sure that Sparks leadership is pleasantly surprised by how well she's started off the season.
She was solid in '19 when Bird missed the whole season. Didn't average as much as she's currently scoring, but it is only 2 games so far. I was cautiously optimistic about her future as a starting PG based on that year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom