WNBA Opening Night Games. | Page 14 | The Boneyard

WNBA Opening Night Games.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Watching Aces vs. Sun right now. Good battle. Jackie Young had 3 steals that she turned into layups just in Q1. Having a huge impact on the game. She has 10, Plum has 8, commentators can't stop hyping Wilson, who has 1 bucket and is having her hands full w/ the big front court of Connecticut.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I thought Alyssa Thomas had shoulder surgery finally? She still has that same horrible looking one handed shot put form.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score

I have no idea what she was thinking. She didn't like the no call, fine. She let the ref know about it and got the T, okay. Then it's time to shut up and move on to the next play, but she just couldn't do it, just kept yapping at the official. What was she hoping to accomplish?

Reaction Score
I have no idea what she was thinking. She didn't like the no call, fine. She let the ref know about it and got the T, okay. Then it's time to shut up and move on to the next play, but she just couldn't do it, just kept yapping at the official. What was she hoping to accomplish?
She wanted to get ejected...

I feel for Tina Charles. Every team she goes to they are in an absolutely terrible situation. Phoenix is lucky they have her at least, but they are still not doing great. Skylar started great, but has been trending down since her fight with DT.
Diamond has been up and down, and Turner is way too passive to be a starter. DT is also a complete liability on defense.

Plus they have a new head coach who I feel is in over her head.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Oh no, Thomas with a shoulder issue again. I think it popped out when she pushed off against Wilson.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
DT is also a complete liability on defense.
I've been saying the same thing. And her offense is too spotty to make up for it.

edit--one of the in studio commentators actually called her an underrated defender; the other commentator had a hard time containing herself after hearing that hot take

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Good game. Aces 50-42 at the half. Game is being played at the pace LV prefers.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Courtney Williams is having a strong game with 11. Jonquel is 3-3, she should probably take more shots.

Wilson now has a double-double w/ 11 and 11. Young pacing everybody w/ 15. Plum has 13 and 5 assists.

Reaction Score
Oh no, Thomas with a shoulder issue again. I think it popped out when she pushed off against Wilson.
Look like Thomas was upset about something. I mean, Wilson was just playing basketball and Thomas shoved Wilson. Can't be mad at Wilson.

Reaction Score
I thought Alyssa Thomas had shoulder surgery finally? She still has that same horrible looking one handed shot put form.

Thought I heard during a game that she's opted not to get her labrums repaired. If I have the injury wrong, apologies as I suck at anatomy.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Thought I heard during a game that she's opted not to get her labrums repaired. If I have the injury wrong, apologies as I suck at anatomy.
I think you have that correct. Why did she miss most of last season? I thought she got the issue corrected since she was going to be out for a long time anyway. But I might be misremembering, I do that sometimes.

Reaction Score
She wanted to get ejected...

I feel for Tina Charles. Every team she goes to they are in an absolutely terrible situation. Phoenix is lucky they have her at least, but they are still not doing great. Skylar started great, but has been trending down since her fight with DT.
Diamond has been up and down, and Turner is way too passive to be a starter. DT is also a complete liability on defense.

Plus they have a new head coach who I feel is in over her head.
Watching the last 2-3 Mercury games and they are a hot mess!

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Good news, Thomas is back on the court.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Newsflash, driving at Jonquel Jones isn't a great idea. Especially if you're a sub 6 footer.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I've been a bit critical of her at times, but I have to hand it to Wilson. She's gotten the better of the Sun, who have the best front court in the WNBA. 20 pts/13 reb at this point.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I think Hammon put 5 subs in a little early. Up 11 w/ 2 minutes left, weird stuff can happen. This group is hapless. Sun isn't really chipping away at it much, but still.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Ha, and now all the starters are back in at a minute left.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
24/14 for Wilson, huge game. Young had 21. Plum 18 points/7 assists.

I don't know what it is, pretty much every game this year Kelsey either starts red hot and then goes ice cold, or starts cold and then heats up. Waiting for a game where she's hitting shots through out the game and drops 30 or 35 on somebody. Still she's in the top 5 in the league in scoring and assists, not bad.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom