WNBA Opening Night Games. | Page 15 | The Boneyard

WNBA Opening Night Games.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
LA keeps getting big leads early, then barely hanging on down the stretch. Big game for Sykes w/ 23 off the bench.

Dallas looked like they wanted to challenge to be one of the best teams in the league...then took a step or two backward.

It's not quite over yet, Sparks up 3 under 20 seconds left.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Katie Lou seems to be finding her shooting touch after a couple rough games to start out. But...1 rebound in 38 minutes? She's gotta be able to do more than that.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
LA keeps getting big leads early, then barely hanging on down the stretch. Big game for Sykes w/ 23 off the bench.

Dallas looked like they wanted to challenge to be one of the best teams in the league...then took a step or two backward.

It's not quite over yet, Sparks up 3 under 20 seconds left.

With Dallas down 2, Arike drives into the paint and get fouled with 0.8 seconds left.

Misses the first FT pretty badly. Then when she is supposed to miss on purpose to get a put back, fakes the FT to the basket which is a violation. :eek:

Then winds up and kicks the scorers desk for a T. (Got her money's worth)

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

Is this based on this game? The last few? They just split one of those ridiculous two-games away at Connecticut (which I consider a win for the away team) and almost worked their way back in this game, save for Arike thinking it was the last seconds of the Baylor-ND game again. (Ugh.)

A few things come to mind:
  • Coach Johnson just inserted Teaira McCowan into the starting lineup and LA blew the Wings out in the first quarter. Then, she puts in former starter Izzy Harrison, who goes for 20.
  • Satou Sabally made her first start and played a tad more than half the game. She's obviously on a minutes leash, unless Coach wants to play Thornton that much. Not bad for D, but "0" points won't help.
  • Outside of the first, I thought Dallas, with Harrison, Mabrey and others worked their way back. Interestingly, Dallas took the lead back when Ogunbowale was on the bench.
  • I know Coach Johnson likes the "five minute bursts," but sometimes I wonder if that cuts back on continuity and flow.

Wings go to Seattle, next, I believe. Think that might be an interesting barometer.

Last edited:

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Forgive me if others have pointed this out, but Jasmine Lister seems to be among the Phoenix coaching staff. At least she or her doppleganger is on their bench.

On their website they have an assistant coach listed as TBA.
They have the most authentic Jasmine Lister doppleganger on their bench... her twin sister Cinnamon.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
With Dallas down 2, Arike drives into the paint and get fouled with 0.8 seconds left.

Misses the first FT pretty badly. Then when she is supposed to miss on purpose to get a put back, fakes the FT to the basket which is a violation. :eek:

Then winds up and kicks the scorers desk for a T. (Got her money's worth)
Pretty much a carbon copy of the 2019 title game ending

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Nope. While out for her achilles she should've gotten it done, but alas :(
I'm totally with you on that one. She should have at least gotten one done. I've had a similar surgery to what she'd have done. It's no picnic, and the rehab is several months, but the shoulder surgery wouldn't interfere with her Achilles rehab, and vice-versa. I really don't get it.

Reaction Score
I'm totally with you on that one. She should have at least gotten one done. I've had a similar surgery to what she'd have done. It's no picnic, and the rehab is several months, but the shoulder surgery wouldn't interfere with her Achilles rehab, and vice-versa. I really don't get it.
Just imagine if she had two good arms. I just assumed it was something that could not be corrected. Didn't realize it was something she is neglecting to take care of.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom