WNBA Finals - Sun v. Aces | Page 6 | The Boneyard

WNBA Finals - Sun v. Aces

Reaction Score
Vegas needs another big body out there. I would let Stokes play the last two minutes.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Riquana has been really big today.

So has B. Jones for the Sun. Both teams getting a huge lift from a bench player.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Well, that was pathetic. With JJ missing that super bunny at 73-71, just went down the toilet :oops:

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Congrats to the Aces. They were the best team in the league all season long. After that crazy win in game 3 against Seattle it seemed like their year.

Also congrats to the Sun. I'm not a Sun fan but I thought they played really tough and to the limit of their ability. They just lack the guards to match the Aces.

Gray deserves the MVP but I suspect Wilson will get it.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Congrats to Las Vegas. They really scored a coup with the Hammon hire, and the dividends are now on display. No doubt they had the best roster up and down.

I'm not sure Riquna Williams fits the high likability standards that I've been told is the Aces' calling card, but she sure came up huge today. Very clutch.

Hopefully at least 3 people are jumping on a plane immediately to join a training camp.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Congrats to Las Vegas. They really scored a coup with the Hammon hire, and the dividends are now on display. No doubt they had the best roster up and down.

I'm not sure Riquna Williams fits the high likability standards that I've been told is the Aces' calling card, but she sure came up huge today. Very clutch.

Hopefully at least 3 people are jumping on a plane immediately to join a training camp.
She fits the "BAD PERSON" image that not only the previous coach had, but Becky had an attitude when she played both in college and pro ball.

Reaction Score
LOL I am not "from the area". I have no background or connection whatsoever in the state of Connecticut or even New England, aside from being a UConn WBB fan. I haven't watched any more of the Sun's games than any other teams'.

The post clearly said more people are rooting for LV because of "likable personalities", which clearly implies that CT's personalities are less likable.
Ironically it did occur to me that you might just be a UConn Husky supporter and not actually from the area right after I posted it. Most UConn Husky followers also are fans of the Sun. I just did not think it was important enough to warrent an edit. Well as UConncat mentioned- it was a nice try.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Funny. After reading the discussion on likability my first thought was that I'm not sure any team with Riquana Williams would win a likability contest. My second thought was: but, she's a really clutch player. Great minds.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
A'ja joins an exclusive list of players that have won NCAA, Olympics, World Cup and WNBA titles.
And now Jackie Young has the trifecta of NCAA, Olympics and Professional Titles.

There are a mess of UConn players who have done this, of course; most recently (I believe) Stef Dolson, who won pro title with the Chicago Sky and the 3x3 gold in the last Olympic (as did Young).

Last edited:
Reaction Score

I agree on the hiring of Coach Becky Hammon. She just seemed to have the pulse of the team. Nothing against Coach Bill Laimbeer. He had a great run with the Aces. Maybe that new voice (Becky) and new philosophy was what the Aces needed to win it all.

Riquna Williams. Wow indeed. She came up clutch a few times during these playoffs. What a remarkable young lady. Battled through some tough injuries over her career. One thing for sure, this young lady can score some points quick. Clutch shooting.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

264.gif

So happy for Gray and the Aces :)

Reaction Score
Funny. After reading the discussion on likability my first thought was that I'm not sure any team with Riquana Williams would win a likability contest. My second thought was: but, she's a really clutch player. Great minds.
Well since y'all won't let this go, I never said the CT players weren't likeable. I only pointed out the Vegas team as a whole has a more outgoing personality as a whole that appeals to the media.

One player alone doesn't sway the needle alone for the rest of the team, especially one who is hardly ever pushed forward by the organization like a Wilson, Plum , Hamby or Gray. The irony in the unnecessary digs at Riquana, is that her personality would be a perfect fit at CT, she's a very hard nosed player who is not really big on the shenanigans like the bulk of the Vegas squad and saying this doesn't mean its the diss you're making it out to be.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom