8) Minnesota--GP-16, PITP 35.0
9) Chicago-----GP-17, PITP 33.9
10) Phoenix----GP-15, PITP 33.6
11) Wash-------GP- 16, PITP 29.6
12) Seattle-----GP- 16, PITP 28.9

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I'm baffled by the Zahui B for Egbo trade from the Indiana point of view. Egbo looked really good to me, and Zahui hasn't looked great for Washington, plus she costs more.

But then this is the same Fever that cut Engstler, who fit their rebuilding and defense model as well as Egbo.

Reaction Score

Awkward Oh No GIF by CBC

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Of those listed above, only McCowan has done a lot since the Fever got rid of her. Henny is getting some good minutes with the Sparks, and I think she could have a good career ahead of her. Cox and Gondrezick had health issues. I'm still hoping Cox can stick somewhere.

Egbo should fit better into the Mystics' game than Zahui B did. She's a good fill-in for Austin -- last I knew Austin was due back in mid-late July. Egbo is a very good defender, Cloud oughta be able to find her under the basket a few times a game.

Reaction Score
Of those listed above, only McCowan has done a lot since the Fever got rid of her. Henny is getting some good minutes with the Sparks, and I think she could have a good career ahead of her. Cox and Gondrezick had health issues. I'm still hoping Cox can stick somewhere.
Yeah I recall Cox being in and out of the hospital a bit due to issues with her diabetes after she graduated from Baylor. Not sure how that is all doing now but I remember her not being able to practice or do much for a bit.

McCowan has been great for Dallas. Sometimes you just need your opportunity.

Reaction Score
This is why I think Indiana is a terrible franchise that is a dead end for any player until they find a better franchise. Why make this trade? Even if you NEED to get Egbo out of there because of the issues with Boston and her fans, why not get some one better in return. Like just baffling.

Reaction Score
This is why I think Indiana is a terrible franchise that is a dead end for any player until they find a better franchise. Why make this trade? Even if you NEED to get Egbo out of there because of the issues with Boston and her fans, why not get some one better in return. Like just baffling.

Wait…. What issues?

Reaction Score
Wait…. What issues?
I don’t know that there ARE issues for sure but there’s a lot of speculation and social media insiders insinuating there’s animosity between her/Smith and Boston. Not sure I believe it but it would make a tad bit more sense?
The timing is also interesting because an on-going social media feud between Nalyssa Smiths parents and Aliyah Boston fans/South Carolina fans that came to a head on Sunday with media/Carrington/other teams social media weighing in.

I don’t really know what’s going on but it’s all a bit icky.

Reaction Score
I don’t know that there ARE issues for sure but there’s a lot of speculation and social media insiders insinuating there’s animosity between her/Smith and Boston. Not sure I believe it but it would make a tad bit more sense?
The timing is also interesting because an on-going social media feud between Nalyssa Smiths parents and Aliyah Boston fans/South Carolina fans that came to a head on Sunday with media/Carrington/other teams social media weighing in.

I don’t really know what’s going on but it’s all a bit icky.
The saddest part is I can’t imagine Smith or Boston want anything to do with any of this.

Reaction Score
The saddest part is I can’t imagine Smith or Boston want anything to do with any of this.
Yea it’s definitely unfortunate on both sides since I doubt any of their behavior is the cause of any potential tension that may or may not exist.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Imagine making business decisions, in the real world, based on what is happening in the make believe world of social media. What have we come to as a species?

Is this like when some of the pop princesses have a beef over pretty much nothing, and their fan bases go to war over it, for years at a time?

Reaction Score
My guess is that Egbo wanted to be traded. She was playing minimal minutes despite playing pretty good when she was in. I believe this trade was strictly about basketball only. Her minutes really has been regulated to only when Boston needs a breather. There has been speculation for weeks that Queen might get traded given how little they used her, despite how essential she was last season.

I have watched the Fever pretty closely this season and it appeared that Queen and Aliyah have a good relationship on and off the court, I don't see the sense of how trading Queen in any way would solve any tension that Nalyssa's family have with the success and attention Aliyah is getting this season. Some of us are feeding further into the drama that doesn't appear relevant to the trade.

Reaction Score
South Carolina fans going over the top on social media? That's never happened before, right? :rolleyes:
A lot of fan bases are guilty for this. Right now, they're the one we're discussing that they've done something recently.

Reaction Score
My guess is that Egbo wanted to be traded. She was playing minimal minutes despite playing pretty good when she was in. I believe this trade was strictly about basketball only. Her minutes really has been regulated to only when Boston needs a breather. There has been speculation for weeks that Queen might get traded given how little they used her, despite how essential she was last season.

I have watched the Fever pretty closely this season and it appeared that Queen and Aliyah have a good relationship on and off the court, I don't see the sense of how trading Queen in any way would solve any tension that Nalyssa's family have with the success and attention Aliyah is getting this season. Some of us are feeding further into the drama that doesn't appear relevant to the trade.
If it was for basketball only, it's a terrible terrible trade. If it was a locker room issue it was still a terrible trade but at least it kind of makes sense why they needed to make a terrible trade. I don't think a second year player that is only a back up center has ability to ask for a mid-season trade but knowing the Fever, you're probably right that it was just a terrible terrible trade...

Reaction Score
South Carolina fans going over the top on social media? That's never happened before, right? :rolleyes:
FWIW, Nalyssa Smith’s mother was retweeting and liking some not very nice things about Boston, I can’t really fault the SC fans for sticking up for her. To Smith’s and Boston’s credit, they have managed to stay out of the fray.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
"....and."

I was at a family 4th gathering and saw a blurb on this when I got home later. I kept waiting for the words "and...." after Zahui B.
Never happened. Did Lin Dunn run out to get dessert after tying in her demands to Thibault? Or stay for the fireworks? :rolleyes:;)
She may have single-handedly kept the Mystics from having a mid-season, Austin-less swoon.

GM's at other teams that needed in-season at help at the post (see Connecticut, Chicago, etc.)* are probably head-banging themselves after seeing this transaction. That's all it took??

* Oops, scratch Chicago. I just saw Ruthy Hebard has been activated (and Kristine Anigwe waived.)

Reaction Score
FWIW, Nalyssa Smith’s mother was retweeting and liking some not very nice things about Boston, I can’t really fault the SC fans for sticking up for her. To Smith’s and Boston’s credit, they have managed to stay out of the fray.
Yeah, some of her retweets were pretty explicit. I saw at least one “Smith can do everything Boston can, but Boston can’t do everything Smith can.” (That’s debatable IMO, but I digress). Once she was called out on it she claimed to not have read the full tweet and walked it back.

The whole thing really is a shame. The Fever are having their best season in recent memory and seem to have one of the better marketing plans in the league. Rebuilds are hard enough without family and fanclub warfare.

Reaction Score
Yeah, some of her retweets were pretty explicit. I saw at least one “Smith can do everything Boston can, but Boston can’t do everything Smith can.” (That’s debatable IMO, but I digress). Once she was called out on it she claimed to not have read the full tweet and walked it back.

The whole thing really is a shame. The Fever are having their best season in recent memory and seem to have one of the better marketing plans in the league. Rebuilds are hard enough without family and fanclub warfare.
Yea, its also unfortunate both the family and the fanclub have been going back and forth at each other since March/April 2022, before either Smith or Boston were even in the W. This whole thing seems completely out of the Fever's control.

Reaction Score

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom