WNBA -- 2023 Season | Page 52 | The Boneyard

WNBA -- 2023 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Wilson routinely does a LOT of her scoring from the line. More than anyone I've ever seen in the WNBA. I'm really tired of seeing LV get twice as many FT's as their opponents. Nobody can convince me it's warranted. More FT's is OK but the disparity is insane and strains credibility.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Dream beat the Sparks to move up to .500. Their last 12 games they keep alternating 3 game winning and losing streaks. Weird.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Wilson routinely does a LOT of her scoring from the line. More than anyone I've ever seen in the WNBA. I'm really tired of seeing LV get twice as many FT's as their opponents. Nobody can convince me it's warranted. More FT's is OK but the disparity is insane and strains credibility.
Stewie averaging around the same number of FTA, both about 7/game. Collier not far behind at 6. It must be just your perception.

Reaction Score
Good to see K-Mac with a nice bounce back game of shooting the ball, 6/11. Phee continues to be that spark for the Lynx. Good for her and the Lynx. I saw where someone mentioned that Phee should be in the MP conversation. I agree but unless we above the .500 mark, she won't be in the conversation. Well she will be in the conversation but it will be a low whisper or that classic water cooler conversation. I am still struggling with why Emily isn't getting more minutes out there. 5 minutes tonight? SMH. During the warm-ups, Emily was hyped! I thought that they would play her a little more than 5 minutes. Since joining the Lynx, the most minutes she has played is 17 against the Sun and she played well.

And Aerial Powers and this ankle injury. I am started to think that she might be done for the year. I mean June 6th and she still has not played. Diamond hurt her ankle before Aerial and she is back and Aerial's injury is wild because after the Washington game back in June, in which she played, the team shut her down, which has been the norm all season, but nothing was said about an injury until days later. Now she could have hurt her ankle during the Washington game or practice but it is fishy that she has missed so many games and you watch her during pre-game, she isn't limping. She has been walking normally for a few weeks now.

Anyway, up next another great matchup with Phoenix, then Las Vegas, and lastly Dallas. Nice home games. At least I can see Phoenix and Las Vegas this weekend. That Wednesday Dallas game might be tough to attend.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Collier is just killing it lately. Another 30 point game. Lynx will pull their record up to .500 with a W tonight. Certainly Indiana is more competitive than last season, but after a good start they've been getting tagged with a lot of Ls the last several weeks.

edit--oops, 1/2 game under .500; anyway definitely moving on up after a tough start to the season
The Indy backcourt was non-existent until Mitchell hit a 3 with a minute or so remaining. K-Mac was primarily on Mitchell and held her to 2-10 shooting, while scoring 21 herself, including perfect FT shooting at the end. This was a game led by P'hee for sure, but she got solid help, particularly from her backcourt (K-Mac, Lindsay Allen). Adn, even though Dorka's stats weren't great, she was hitting the floor and setting good high screens for Allen and K-Mac to use. She's going to me (more than) a solid pro. Solid, gritty win.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hoping whatever happened to Samuelson wasn't too serious. Initially they said they were wrapping her ankle but then when they came back to start the third, they said she wasn't returning.

Reaction Score
Anyway, up next another great matchup with Phoenix, then Las Vegas, and lastly Dallas. Nice home games. At least I can see Phoenix and Las Vegas this weekend. That Wednesday Dallas game might be tough to attend.
Not sure I would use great and Phoenix in the same sentence.

Certainly playing Phoenix has a high probability of yielding a victory.

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
The Indy backcourt was non-existent until Mitchell hit a 3 with a minute or so remaining. K-Mac was primarily on Mitchell and held her to 2-10 shooting, while scoring 21 herself, including perfect FT shooting at the end. This was a game led by P'hee for sure, but she got solid help, particularly from her backcourt (K-Mac, Lindsay Allen). Adn, even though Dorka's stats weren't great, she was hitting the floor and setting good high screens for Allen and K-Mac to use. She's going to me (more than) a solid pro. Solid, gritty win.
I didn't watch the game, but Wheeler (8pts, 4-10FG, 7 assists, 0 turnovers) and Hull (8 pts, 4-6FG, 4 steals) did about as much as you can expect from them on any given night. It's Mitchell who had an off game, but looking at box score, the big difference in the game was FTs: 34 fro Minnesota, just 14 for Indiana.

Why did Boston only get 9 shots? I have to imagine she was the focus of the Minnesota defense, and if Mitchell is having an off shooting day (and Indiana as a team was only 4-16 from the field on 3s), it's harder to clear the lane. Plus, as good as Boston is, she is still almost entirely a back to the basket post. That requires people getting her the ball, as opposed to N. Smith, who can get it from outside 3-point line and make something happen.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
The Lynx just made a hockey subtitution — five subs out, the whole starting lineup in.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Fever can't take advantage of EDD-less Mystics. Looks like Boston didn't get many shots again. Hull had herself a game w/ 20 points. Sykes is probably pretty happy to be out of LA, she's having a nice season so far w/ Washington.

edit--no Cloud either; OK Indiana, you can't beat a team missing 2 starters?

Oops, forgot to count Austin. That is THREE starters missing and still got the W. Indiana is sinking fast. Only the ineptitude of Phoenix and Seattle will keep them out of the cellar yet again.

Last edited:

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Watching a lot of the games via Ion but caught a stretch of the Sky-Dream game at the end of the third quarter/beginning of the fourth which reminded me why I'm not a huge fan of Dana Evans. It was a very close game and Evans was subbed in for Courtney Williams. The emphasis for her, based on what I saw, was on her shot first, pass only as a last option. It showed. Missed three's, too much dribbling resulting in last-second shots, ill-advised drive resulting in a blocked shot, getting called for a technical foul and always going for the steal at the expense of team defense. Chicago down a bunch when she left and the trend was set. When this team is not on all cylinders, the whole is much less than the sum of it's parts. And Evans is one who can make that equation go south when she thinks "me."

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I'm sure she has improved since then, but Evans was an absolute disaster during her rookie season. Especially in the playoffs (the year they won the Title). They would build up a decent lead. Sloot would go to the bench for a bit of a rest and Evans would come in to spell her. The lead would disappear almost instantly. Every time. I haven't watched that much of her since, but consider me also definitely not a member of her fan club.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I got slightly ahead of myself, but now the Lynx really are .500. No DT for Phoenix. 5 Lynx in double figures, but none more than 12 points (Collier). Onyenwere had a game high 24 but very little help for her. I think Minny will be pretty happy any time they get a combined 21 from Carleton and Milic off the bench.

Reaction Score
I got slightly ahead of myself, but now the Lynx really are .500. No DT for Phoenix. 5 Lynx in double figures, but none more than 12 points (Collier). Onyenwere had a game high 24 but very little help for her. I think Minny will be pretty happy any time they get a combined 21 from Carleton and Milic off the bench.
Dorka led the team in minutes tonight.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Well, the unbeatable Aces lost. Wilson fouled Howard w/ almost no time remaining for the game winning FTs.

LV seems to struggle against the middle of the road teams, while smashing the other top teams. Weird.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Wings pull the upset. Just caught the end of it but a huge win for the franchise. They won the glass battle down the stretch and got lucky when Parker/Plum both collided going for a rebound which resulted in the ball out of bounds for the Wings which led to last second free throws.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Well, the unbeatable Aces lost. Wilson fouled Howard w/ almost no time remaining for the game winning FTs.

LV seems to struggle against the middle of the road teams, while smashing the other top teams. Weird.
Their road schedule has been on the lighter side thus far. They split with Connecticut but still have a tough road schedule ahead:
-2 games at Minny
-2 games at NY
-1 game at Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members