WNBA 2023 Season, Part 2 | Page 36 | The Boneyard

WNBA 2023 Season, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Now that was the kind of game I was used to playing in charity tournaments that didn't have refs until the semi-finals. Limbs intermixed, tangled, pulled, etc. Thomas came back and hopefully she wasn't injured.

Well, as many of you said, here's the matchup everyone has been waiting for. Dallas threw a lot of height at the Aces, but no one quite as talented as Jonquel Jones. And just when you think JJ might be under control, the Liberty have the league's MVP.

Guard/wing play will be something to watch. Will Laney/Thornton neutralize Young? And who takes on Chelsea Gray? Sabrina? Or one of the wings? We've got a whole week to hash it out :D

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Please.
Please yourself. The Sun turn the game into rugby or wrestling. It's not basketball. This will be a much more entertaining Finals without them in it.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Guard/wing play will be something to watch. Will Laney/Thornton neutralize Young? And who takes on Chelsea Gray? Sabrina? Or one of the wings? We've got a whole week to hash it out :D
I think they used Laney on Gray at times during the year. Certainly a better option than Ionescu or Sloot. But then who gets Young?

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
The last few games between NY/LV they had Laney picking up Gray full court. If JJ is on Aja, and Stokes being a non-contributor on offense, it allows Stewart to roam an help where she is needed.

Reaction Score
I think they used Laney on Gray at times during the year. Certainly a better option than Ionescu or Sloot. But then who gets Young?
NY will have Laney on Gray and take their chances on Young, whose scoring and shooting numbers have dropped off a cliff in the postseason. Aces are the underdogs; going to need her in form to have a shot at this. It’s probably the least relevant matchup to these current finals since it was so long ago, but in the first meeting in June, Aces’ guards ate the Liberty’s alive. Laney will be a problem though, to me she’s having the best postseason on the team.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Well, if you play as long and have the ball in your hands as many of these players do, well...sometimes it goes where you don't want it to.
Jeez, that's a U.S. National Team you list, save for Ticha!
As you say, a ton of games played by these player. For context Assists/Turnovers per game for the guards:

Sue 5.5/2.2
Diana 4.3/2.7
Ticha 5/2.1
CVS 6.8/2.7
Becky 5.1/3.2

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
It's hard to watching them complain as much as they do. Every call won’t go your way, and yes, you can commit fouls too. Bonner has been like this her entire career, AT doing it a lot more the last few seasons.
Look, by comparison, at Jackie Young. Has she ever complained? She's so composed, you'd never know if she was up 20, down 20, drew a charge or committed one. More of this from across the league, please!

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Look, by comparison, at Jackie Young. Has she ever complained? She's so composed, you'd never know if she was up 20, down 20, drew a charge or committed one. More of this from across the league, please!
Agreed. Especially for a player of her caliber I love how steady she is. Watching players complain every time down the floor dampers the experience IMO.

Reaction Score
Critical reason why NY is in the finals in my opinion. Her play this series doesn't get talked about enough.
When she plays within herself she is the missing piece.
The game they lost she had 3 turnovers and 1 basket.
That is not her type of game.
Great defense and usually fills the stat sheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom