WNBA 2023 Season, Part 2 | Page 14 | The Boneyard

WNBA 2023 Season, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have watched a ton of WNBA games (some games multiple times) this season and shooting & shot selection for many teams has been pretty interesting. But for my Lynx, after tonight's game, it has been a nightmare. Missing bunnies. Not finishing those easy buckets. Wow.

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I have watched a ton of WNBA games (some games multiple times) this season and shooting & shot selection for many teams has been pretty interesting. But for my Lynx, after tonight's game, it has been a nightmare. Missing bunnies. Not finishing those easy buckets. Wow.

Losing at home to Seattle is a pretty bad loss.

Reaction Score
Losing at home to Seattle is a pretty bad loss.
Yeah. This loss was bad. Teams we are supposed to beat, we let those games get away from us. Now we got two games against Dallas, which can go either way. But Seattle seems to be getting their groove on right now and with what looks like some pretty winnable games down the stretch, they could finish the season on a high note.

Reaction Score
EDD has only played 16 games so far this season
She is close at 48.6% 39.5% and 98.4%.
I didnt mention her as I dont think she will play anymore games this season and I dont think 16 would qualify you for that level.
She played Friday night in a limited capacity. Washington looks to be bringing her back slowly as they're still in the play-off hunt.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Yeah. This loss was bad. Teams we are supposed to beat, we let those games get away from us. Now we got two games against Dallas, which can go either way. But Seattle seems to be getting their groove on right now and with what looks like some pretty winnable games down the stretch, they could finish the season on a high note.

I think Seattle is getting better, but Gabby’s injury really hurts.

Reaction Score
EDD seems to have 2 types of seasons: (1) She’s hurt or sick and misses several games. (2) She’s the MVP.

Agreed. Just saw a headline for an article noting she's dealing with a hip issue now. Haven't had time to read about a timeline for return.

Reaction Score
Agreed. Just saw a headline for an article noting she's dealing with a hip issue now. Haven't had time to read about a timeline for return.
Man. EDD can't catch a break. I hope that she can come back and finish the season strong. One of my favorite players.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Transition from a team that has been led by a true point guard (Allen) to one that is a combo guard (Mitchell) is full of subtle differences: speed, distribution timing, when to penetrate and dish vs. shooting, etc. Coach Reeve would be wise to realize that PG's have different mind-sets: need two of them. Force-fitting a combo guard into the role (Mitchell, Banham) does not always achieve the desired effect. And, IMHO, relying on Collier and/or Shepard to be a "point forward" takes away from their primary missions (scoring, for the former, rebounding.).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If they require two guards on first team, I think all three get on second team in favor of Stew/Wilson/AT. If they require two guards on first team, I’d go with Loyd and C. Gray. If first team is positionless, I might put Phee on above Loyd, but I also might not.

As of today I think you got:

1st Team
B. Stewart
A. Wilson
A. Thomas
C. Gray
J. Loyd

2nd Team:
N. Collier
Nneka
Sabally
K. Plum
J. Young

Other folks high up: Sabrina, A. Gray, Arike, N. Howard, D. Bonner
You must be an Aces fan. No way Plum and Young do what Arike and Sabrina do.

Reaction Score
You must be an Aces fan. No way Plum and Young do what Arike and Sabrina do.
Eh, more like Arike and Sabrina don’t do what Plum and Young do, at least not when it comes to scoring:

Arike: 21 ppg, 39.7 FG%
Ionescu: 17 ppg, 41.3 FG%
Plum: 18.7 ppg, 48.3 FG%
Young: 18.3 ppg, 53.5 FG%

You can definitely make the all-league argument for Sabrina based on her overall floor game, but I’ll take 3 fewer points for +10% efficiency when it comes to Arike.

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
Sabrina’s shooting numbers are a bit deceiving (and bizarre) in that she is shooting close to 45% from 3, and taking a majority of her shots from long range. In fact, 109 of her 163 FGs this year are from 3. One of if not greatest 3-point shooting season in history.

Reaction Score
I'm guessing they released her then signed her
That is the W for ya. Like someone said, I hope the W includes free mental health sessions for these players, especially the ones that are on the fringes of a franchise.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Transition from a team that has been led by a true point guard (Allen) to one that is a combo guard (Mitchell) is full of subtle differences: speed, distribution timing, when to penetrate and dish vs. shooting, etc. Coach Reeve would be wise to realize that PG's have different mind-sets: need two of them. Force-fitting a combo guard into the role (Mitchell, Banham) does not always achieve the desired effect. And, IMHO, relying on Collier and/or Shepard to be a "point forward" takes away from their primary missions (scoring, for the former, rebounding.).
Not sure why Coach Reeve did not try to sign a backup point guard earlier.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'm guessing they released her then signed her

I'm no expert, but I think that may mean that her 7-day contract expired, so they "released" her. There is no action other than the passage of time. Then they signed her to another 7-day contract or a longer one.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I'm no expert, but I think that may mean that her 7-day contract expired, so they "released" her. There is no action other than the passage of time. Then they signed her to another 7-day contract or a longer one.
Westbrook is listed on the LA Roster. so I think you're right:
  • the (latest?) 7-day roster expired so they had to release her; and,
  • the Sparks then signed her to a rest-of-the-year contract.

Whereas:
  • the Mercury, after signing Henderson to a a 7-day deal(s) cut her and
  • signed Madi Williams of Oklahoma for a 7-day tryout...errr, gig.

Geesh, I think Lobo's idea of a a two-person taxi squad is making more and more sense all the time.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
So...Wilson was just short of a 50 spot today. Not bad. I guess if you can give up 100 points and still win by 12, at least your offense is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom