OT: - With Bill Belichick Some Things Are Constants | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: With Bill Belichick Some Things Are Constants

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
I doubt that there is necessarily a conspiracy. Goodell, and the other teams' owners and players are acting in their own self interest. Goodell doesn't want a dynasty, and the others want one of their own. What they have in common is the desire to end New England's dominance.

As far as cheating is concerned, it appears to be endemic to professional sports, and far more widespread in amateur sports than we care to admit. The fact that names like Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens appear on MLB's HOF ballot suggests that cheating is even becoming acceptable.
Here are a couple of maxims, at least one of which has been attributed to NASCAR, but which pertain to sports in general:
#1 - It ain't cheating if you don't get caught.
#2 - If you ain't cheating you ain't trying.

I actually don't have a meaningful reply to your post other than to say I am in full agreement with the assessment in your first paragraph.

I just thought it was appropriate for Biff to acknowledge McFly. ;)

5808919_1440645764.3701_funddescription.jpg

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I doubt that there is necessarily a conspiracy. Goodell, and the other teams' owners and players are acting in their own self interest. Goodell doesn't want a dynasty, and the others want one of their own. What they have in common is the desire to end New England's dominance.

As far as cheating is concerned, it appears to be endemic to professional sports, and far more widespread in amateur sports than we care to admit. The fact that names like Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens appear on MLB's HOF ballot suggests that cheating is even becoming acceptable.
Here are a couple of maxims, at least one of which has been attributed to NASCAR, but which pertain to sports in general:
#1 - It ain't cheating if you don't get caught.
#2 - If you ain't cheating you ain't trying.
I am in mild to lukewarm agreement with your assessment. I am also in agreement that all teams cheat to some extent. As I've said, I believe that Belichick has just been better at it than the others...and still is. I also believe he did it a lot and perhaps more than others, and does it most effectively at the most important times.

Reaction Score
Most teams have questionable players on their rosters.

Most teams don't have murderers on their rosters.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
This from a serial reductionist, contrarian and borderline misanthrope, that perhaps hides the mirrors in his house.
I was pretty accurate huh? As are you, thank you. Except for the mirrors. But considering my lack of physical beauty, maybe I should. :cool:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I was pretty accurate huh? As are you, thank you. Except for the mirrors. But considering my lack of physical beauty, maybe I should. :cool:
You are probably the most likable/dislikable cad I ever met, bar nuns. Yes, when I'm right I'm right, when I'm wrong I'm right and when I'm left, I'm right. My arrogance is my blind side. One of my old significants used to say working on me is a trial where the jury needs weapons.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom