OT: - With Bill Belichick Some Things Are Constants | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: With Bill Belichick Some Things Are Constants

Reaction Score
4) Everyone loves a winner, yet the Pats are the most hated football team in the country. Pittsburgh is tied for the most in Super Bowl wins yet they are more loved. Dallas has 5 yet they are (for some unknown reason to me) far more beloved. So, it certainly must be a relief to you Pats fans to know you're the most hated.

5) The man throughout his history is terse even on football related questions. Everyone is accustomed to coach speak, but he takes it to the most adversarial level in pro football. A real sweetie. Look at the way Geno handles the press. 'Nuff said.

4. We love it...! We know we must be doing something right for everyone to hate us. So, that is great, and I'm not making this up, we have discussed it amongst my circle of Pats fans and we really do relish it..!

5. 100% completely inaccurate- I've seen him go on for 20 + minutes or more detailing the history of the game, his personal experiences, game theory, play breakdowns, etc. He's a wealth of knowledge and readily shares it, just don't ask him anything about his current team.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Bitter jets fans
Mmmm. Well. You know, I'm not a Giants fan. At all. Though I will admit they are one of the classiest orgs in the League. I know also there are a bunch of Pats fans on this site. Yet, if I where to say that I think Eli Manning and the Giants showed the winning paradigm in how to beat the Pats, and that those wins against Belichick showed Manning deserves to be in the Hall Of Fame, think any of you'd get triggered? I've heard a bunch of Pats fans bemoan that fact and go on and on about how lucky Eli was, and if he hadn't been so lucky the Pats would have so many more championships. Are you one of those?

Reaction Score
I'm a Giants fan. Belichick was the defensive coordinator for the Giants. All I can say is he has the maturity of a two-year-old. Belichick and Saban are what's wrong with football. They just can't answer the question. Good for you, Dana.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Yeah, John Mara is the definition of class. He was at the forefront of penalizing two division rivals for "cap violations" in an uncapped year and covered up domestic abuse allegations for a freakin' punter.

Class personified.

JordyG

Reaction Score
I'm a Giants fan. Belichick was the defensive coordinator for the Giants. All I can say is he has the maturity of a two-year-old. Belichick and Saban are what's wrong with football. They just can't answer the question. Good for you, Dana.
Lawrence Taylor called him a total pain in the ass. His surly relationship with the press began in Cleveland under the former commissioner Paul Tagliabue, so his relationship with the League brass is hardly new. He's been a jackass since then. However, I disagree as Saban and he being the problem with football today. These guys win because they are the best at what they do. They're the best organized, they understand the game better, and they evaluate talent better. They put their players in a position to win and minimize their weakness. Do I think Belichick is a cheater? Yeah. But all of these teams cheat in some way. Belichick just does it better than any other coach in League history. Do I think he's the back end of a team of horses? Yeah, I do.

Reaction Score
Mmmm. Well. You know, I'm not a Giants fan. At all. Though I will admit they are one of the classiest orgs in the League. I know also there are a bunch of Pats fans on this site. Yet, if I where to say that I think Eli Manning and the Giants showed the winning paradigm in how to beat the Pats, and that those wins against Belichick showed Manning deserves to be in the Hall Of Fame, think any of you'd get triggered? I've heard a bunch of Pats fans bemoan that fact and go on and on about how lucky Eli was, and if he hadn't been so lucky the Pats would have so many more championships. Are you one of those?
Nope I’m a frustrated giants fan but like watching pats offense

Reaction Score
Yeah, John Mara is the definition of class. He was at the forefront of penalizing two division rivals for "cap violations" in an uncapped year and covered up domestic abuse allegations for a freakin' punter.

Class personified.

Never said anything about John Mara. How did that loser Antonio Brown work out? Even more charges, but of course the Patriots didn't know anything. Anything to win. They even had a murderer on their team, lest we forget Aaron Hernandez.

Reaction Score
One of the constants is winning.
This thread reads like some of the rants on Volnation, carping about that other evil genius, Geno Auriemma.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
One of the constants is winning.
This thread reads like some of the rants on Volnation, carping about that other evil genius, Geno Auriemma.

Proof you could be an all time coach but not be a putz to the press.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
2) Of Bill Parcells and all of the NY fans
But Parcells and NY fans are pieces of @#$%. So, if it was betrayal, that would have been a good thing. NY fans are on the or near the same level as TN fans.

3) As it shows a pattern of behavior
Shows a pattern of tin hat conspiracy theorists dregs (including goodal) making @#$% up.

4) Everyone loves a winner, yet the Pats are the most hated football team in the country. Pittsburgh is tied for the most in Super Bowl wins yet they are more loved. Dallas has 5 yet they are (for some unknown reason to me) far more beloved. So, it certainly must be a relief to you Pats fans to know you're the most hated.
Pretty much like UCONN, their "bad" for football right? :rolleyes:

5) The man throughout his history is terse even on football related questions.
Nope, completely false. IF a reporter can actually ask an intelligent question about football (most can't), he'll ramble on answering it.

Not sure what you think BB did to you, that you're so butthurt by him. But I doubt it was personal. He most likely has no idea who you are.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Proof you could be an all time coach but not be a putz to the press.
Are you implying Geno has not at times been a putz to the press? (who usually deserve it)

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Are you implying Geno has not at times been a putz to the press? (who usually deserve it)

Anyone can have a tough moment but Geno is very happy (too happy?) to provide his thoughts and opinions and answer questions for the media 99.99% of the time. BB clearly enjoys and tailor's his persona to be a say nothing clam (ie. putz ;)) to the media like his soulmate Popovich.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Never said anything about John Mara. How did that loser Antonio Brown work out? Even more charges, but of course the Patriots didn't know anything. Anything to win. They even had a murderer on their team, lest we forget Aaron Hernandez.
Then what makes you think my post was in response to yours?

As for the rest of it. What did the Patriots give up to try Antonio Brown out? Potentially $9 Million, which Kraft is withholding and will potentially leave it up to an arbitrator to determine if Brown violated his contract. The Patriots made nearly $600M in revenues in 2017 and are worth $3.8B. $9M is a rounding error.

Antonio Brown appears to be a lunatic, but he wasn't approaching that fringe for the first however many years of his career, so I have no idea what the Patriots knew about him other than what was portrayed in the media. Did he take too many hits? Maybe. Can he catch a Brady thrown football? Yes. It was a low risk/high reward move.

"...lest we forget Aaron Hernandez?" What does that even mean and how does that apply to Antonio Brown?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It means the Patriots will do anything to win, including having questionable players on their roster.

Husky25

Reaction Score
It means the Patriots will do anything to win, including having questionable players on their roster.
Like Josh Brown? Plaxico Burris? Lawrence Taylor? Dave Meggett?

Some players redeem themselves. Some do not. Virtually every team, if not every team, has a few of both in their history. Teams sometimes are able to overcome those who do not redeem themselves, Teams often fail at overcoming them. It seems you don't like the Patriots because they have largely been successful at it for going on 19 straight years.

Hindsight being 20/20 and all, most fans would love the "surly" Belichick leading their team. Heck, the Giants had a right of first refusal before George Young, presumably with Wellington Mara's blessing, chose Ray freaking Handley.

Belichick has a history of not wanting to be put in the corner. He wasn't going to work under Handley with the Giants, and he wasn't going to be told what his next steps were going to be even by his friend, Parcells, with the Jets.

What I feel people also forget is that Belichick went 5-13 his first 18 games as a Patriots head coach. He was probably on his way to getting fired.

Last edited:

JordyG

Reaction Score
But Parcells and NY fans are pieces of @#$%. So, if it was betrayal, that would have been a good thing. NY fans are on the or near the same level as TN fans.

Shows a pattern of tin hat conspiracy theorists dregs (including goodal) making @#$% up.

Pretty much like UCONN, their "bad" for football right? :rolleyes:

Nope, completely false. IF a reporter can actually ask an intelligent question about football (most can't), he'll ramble on answering it.

Not sure what you think BB did to you, that you're so butthurt by him. But I doubt it was personal. He most likely has no idea who you are.
2) Thanks. I was wondering if any of your NY prejudice had abated. Like a bad case of acne I see it has not. I'm also not quite sure what Parcells did to you, but I'd like to take this opportunity to not apologize.

3) I guess like knows like

4) Talk about either making %$#& up or putting &^%$ words into peoples mouths.

5) You mean mumble on. I prefer his mute arrogance over his didactic arrogance.

6) Talk about butthurt. I'm also not sorry to impugn your beloved Pats, their coach, and yes, I do relish any retread of their sordid history. More will come, I'm sure. It seems you're in need of Preparation H as much as anyone. Or perhaps a nice Pats donut pillow instead? I'm also sure he knows as little of your homerism as my distaste of him. On my part I couldn't be happier. I'm just glad to be a part of a larger club than yours, and I do enjoy occasionally beating the Pats over the head with it. Just as long as it triggers guys like you.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Most teams have questionable players on their rosters.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
2) Thanks. I was wondering if any of your NY prejudice had abated. Like a bad case of acne I see it has not. I'm also not quite sure what Parcells did to you, but I'd like to take this opportunity to not apologize.
How are you not quite sure????? Duh, much? He coached the giants and jets didn't he???? Two of the most evil teams on the planet. With scum of the earth for fans. Yea, that's good enough reason.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Most teams have questionable players on their rosters.

I'm glad you posted this - I had done some looking into this area for my own benefit and absolutely, no team has not had players who haven't gotten into serious legal trouble. Note that a Brown's player was arrested for attempted murder the day before Hernandez was arrested.

The USA Today list shows only players in trouble with the legal system. Then there are other incidents such as the New Orleans Saints rewarding players for intentionally hurting opposing players.

And not to excuse Hernandez's actions at all but remember the outcome of his autopsy - the medical team declared that they had never seen such a severe case of CTE damage in a person his age. Emphasizes the point to me that football is a highly violent game, and shame on the league for being so slow to recognize the inherent dangers.

JordyG

Reaction Score
How are you not quite sure????? Duh, much? He coached the giants and jets didn't he???? Two of the most evil teams on the planet. With scum of the earth for fans. Yea, that's good enough reason.
Man! What did NY and its fans ever do to you? Are we still stealing your lunch money? Are we poking holes in your condoms? Have we consistently called you (as now) on your trolling? Fortunately for you, and speaking for we NY pond scumers, y'all and your roads, schools, bridges and economies feed off of us and our tax base. So have a merry and productive Black Friday, Christmas and job promotion...and keep forgetting us when you buy your next big screen TV or remodel your bathroom. You're welcome.

Reaction Score
5) You mean mumble on. I prefer his mute arrogance over his didactic arrogance.

Something to ponder Jordy: imagine if BB had of stayed with the Jets, and eventually taken over full control. Using his off the charts football skills and prowess, the Jets became the monster powerhouse of a football team, not the Pats these last 20 years or so. Instead of berating him, you would be singing his praises to the heavens. You would love him for not giving up the tiniest bit of info on the Jets and what they are planning, you would be over the moon happy with your team, and you would be defending BB and the Jets against all comers. You would be in FB nirvana. Funny what winning can do to a person....

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I'm glad you posted this - I had done some looking into this area for my own benefit and absolutely, no team has not had players who haven't gotten into serious legal trouble. Note that a Brown's player was arrested for attempted murder the day before Hernandez was arrested.

The USA Today list shows only players in trouble with the legal system. Then there are other incidents such as the New Orleans Saints rewarding players for intentionally hurting opposing players.

And not to excuse Hernandez's actions at all but remember the outcome of his autopsy - the medical team declared that they had never seen such a severe case of CTE damage in a person his age. Emphasizes the point to me that football is a highly violent game, and shame on the league for being so slow to recognize the inherent dangers.
And the Patriots didn't hire Hernandez after he murdered someone, unlike the Ravens with Ray Lewis.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Something to ponder Jordy: imagine if BB had of stayed with the Jets, and eventually taken over full control. Using his off the charts football skills and prowess, the Jets became the monster powerhouse of a football team, not the Pats these last 20 years or so. Instead of berating him, you would be singing his praises to the heavens. You would love him for not giving up the tiniest bit of info on the Jets and what they are planning, you would be over the moon happy with your team, and you would be defending BB and the Jets against all comers. You would be in FB nirvana. Funny what winning can do to a person....
But I'd still have flayed him for cheating. I'd still call him a butthole with the press. I'd still call him arrogant. You seem to forget, we NY fans are brutally honest (except for Yankee fans) about coaches and players, and the press is fearless. Pat fans and the media have rose colored glasses about this guy, we NY-ers would not. In fact, Pats fans have far more in common with Yankee fans than they do with any other type of sports fan in the country. Dallas fans are delusional, and they don't count.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Man! What did NY and its fans ever do to you? Are we still stealing your lunch money? Are we poking holes in your condoms?
No. Being NY fans is enough. You don't have to do anything else.

Fortunately for you, and speaking for we NY pond scumers, y'all and your roads, schools, bridges and economies feed off of us and our tax base. So have a merry and productive Black Friday, Christmas and job promotion...and keep forgetting us when you buy your next big screen TV or remodel your bathroom. You're welcome.
What you talkin' 'bout Willis???? :confused:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom