Wilson | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Wilson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's December and we have lost to 0 bad teams. Season is so very far from lost
We are currently ranked 116, and if you’ve been paying attention, the team does not appear to be improving. We have about a 2% chance of making the tournament.

Reaction Score
It's December and we have lost to 0 bad teams. Season is so very far from lost
We are 1-5 vs teams with a pulse and have been outscored by 104 points in the losses. Don't fret guys, we're good.

Reaction Score
We are 1-5 vs teams with a pulse and have been outscored by 104 points in the losses. Don't fret guys, we're good.
We haven't looked good. Nobody will deny that. But none of our losses are outside the top 100. The season isn't close to "lost" to the point you'd stop trying to make the tournament, as suggested in the post I was replying to.

Reaction Score
if President Herbst gives Wilson the NCAA clearance... might sound something like this

Reaction Score
Here’s the formula to win back the fanbase.

1-Be competitive against Wichita, not even expecting a win but play hard for 40 mins.

2- Win 5 straight against Tulsa, East Carolina, UCF, Tulane and Memphis. Go into the Nova game with momentum

3 - New season starts on 1/25 vs. SMU

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

1-Be competitive against Wichita, not even expecting a win but play hard for 40 mins.

2- Win 5 straight against Tulsa, East Carolina, UCF, Tulane and Memphis. Go into the Nova game with momentum

1- Lol
2- Meh
3- Lol

Reaction Score
What could the NCAA possibly be too busy with where they can't say yes or no to this kid. They sure are not reviewing the FBI stuff because they clearly hasn't amounted to anything. Also, any kid involved with that who is re-opening his recruitment should not be allowed to receive a scholarship.

Reaction Score
1- Lol
2- Meh
3- Lol
I mean in his scenario we’d be 12-6 heading into the SMU game. At that point some energy would have been injected back into the fan base. The problem is I don’t trust this team to win 5 in a row lol

Reaction Score

That’s a very nice formula. #2 could be a problem when one considers that we have been non competitive against decent teams and pushed to the wall against nobodies.

Reaction Score
I don't even want him playing this year, this team is toast with or without him. Don't want him wasting a year of eligibility on this disaster

If Wilson plays this year and shows promise he can be helpful in recruiting next year with a new coach. He’s the best chance we have of showing something positive going into next season. If the kid can play he should 100% play. UConn is not worrying about 4 years from now, we need players who can play now.

He would give fans a lot more excitement to watch this team going into the rest of the season.

Reaction Score
If Wilson plays this year and shows promise he can be helpful in recruiting next year with a new coach. He’s the best chance we have of showing something positive going into next season. If the kid can play he should 100% play. UConn is not worrying about 4 years from now, we need players who can play now.

He would give fans a lot more excitement to watch this team going into the rest of the season.
To play devil's advocate, if he doesn't play this year, we get a new coach and he decides to transfer, he will have to sit out two years. It's probably more likely he would stay with a new coach if he doesn't get a waiver this season

Reaction Score
To play devil's advocate, if he doesn't play this year, we get a new coach and he decides to transfer, he will have to sit out two years. It's probably more likely he would stay with a new coach if he doesn't get a waiver this season

Great point it could defiantly go that way. I’m thinking he plays, does well, he’ll want to stay to keep playing and not sit a year. Hopefully gaining chemistry with the team.

My concern would be he brings just enough that KO gets another year.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

I'm not worried about the effort against WSU as this team has demonstrated the ability to get up for games against quality opponents (see Mich St & Zona). What concerns me is the effort they provide against Tulsa, which will follow a loss to a quality opponent where they competed for the bulk of the game. We haven't looked like much when that happens (see Arkansas & Auburn).

If they want to win back the fan base (and earn the right to wear UConn uniforms) step one will be playing hard for every second the game clock is moving.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score

The more things change, the more things stay the same. This was exactly what we were saying about He Who Shall Not Be Named this time last year before Kentucky swept in and stole him. Every year we're searching for that player who can at least bring some excitement to watching this team because the ones we have aren't cutting it.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score

I was at the Nova - DePaul game the other night. UConn will need more than momentum to beat Nova.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom