Wilson | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Wilson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ollie is trying to save his job. If Sid is cleared, he'll pull the same move Diaco did with Donovan Williams.

Every time you think there can't be something more stupid to say on the Boneyard, you get surprised.

That's a great point, if Wilson isn't even a D-1 basketball player and the whole team quits because you are going to play him (which, if you don't get it, would be the comparison to Donovan Williams).

Reaction Score
Season is almost over? In what universe? They haven't played a single conference game yet! We absolutely need him to play. Not sure he's the answer, since he's not considered a shooter, but we need are able bodies.
I agree it’s not over, but we’re going to be pretty damn sure 90% prob by about 2 weeks from now, don’t you think? I’ve seen enough to know right now we need more talent on the floor.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Reports from practice last week have him being one of the best players on the floor, so yeah if gets the waiver he better play.

That's encouraging. My point was: if he can make a difference and help us get close to post-season, then play him. If not, then don't. Sounds like he would.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
I agree it’s not over, but we’re going to be pretty damn sure 90% prob by about 2 weeks from now, don’t you think? I’ve seen enough to know right now we need more talent on the floor.
I agree we need more talent on the floor. That's the point. I think Sid will help. There are plenty of games left is my point.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
The more this drags on, the more I cannot stand the NCAA governing body.

Are they gathering more info? Are they weighing the pros and cons of the situation? Of course not. What they're doing is making us wait so that the next Wilson to come along will think twice before transferring. The NCAA is nothing more than a glorified pimp trying to pose as an academic institution...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Every time you think there can't be something more stupid to say on the Boneyard, you get surprised.

That's a great point, if Wilson isn't even a D-1 basketball player and the whole team quits because you are going to play him (which, if you don't get it, would be the comparison to Donovan Williams).
I like year end Biz. He's cranky and right to the point.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
The more this drags on, the more I cannot stand the NCAA governing body.

Are they gathering more info? Are they weighing the pros and cons of the situation? Of course not. What they're doing is making us wait so that the next Wilson to come along will think twice before transferring. The NCAA is nothing more than a glorified pimp trying to pose as an academic institution...
should've transferred from UNC

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
He reminds me of the late Malik Sealy in his college days.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
There are some really hot garbage takes in this thread.

Did I just read that this is a lost season at 7-3 therefore we should redshirt Wilson?

That ranks among the dumbest statements I've seen on here.

What good does packing it in in December do? This isn't the NBA where you can tank and get Anthony Davis. The goal is to win as many games as possible this year to get back to respectability, across the country and on the recruiting trail. Do people not realize that there is no saving for next year, or 2019, or 2026? We aren't getting Kemba Walker and Andre Drummond next year.
If Sid gets cleared soon, he is going to play ASAP. It's not even remotely a question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom