Wilson | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Wilson

Status
Not open for further replies.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
The chair defending him would help us right now.

that was majok. but your point still stands.

Anyway, friend at practice Friday had glowing reports of Wilson. I will take him ANY time they clear him and not worry about burning a year. Especially with Gilbert still an unknown quantity (but who himself expects to give it a go sometime this year still)

Reaction Score
If I had to decide I think I fall in the redshirt camp. This is a lost season. We have a decent recruiting class coming in next year. I'd have Sid matriculate into the squad with those guys as opposed to the lineup we have out there now.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
This is a lost season.

Can you please reserve that comment until 1/1/18 ? and even then its probably premature. I fully admit the eye test doesnt bode well for the next 3 games, but they actually have to decide it on the floor. Lets see what happens. Because even taking just 1 of the next 3 means our season is very much NOT lost (yet).

Reaction Score
If I had to decide I think I fall in the redshirt camp. This is a lost season. We have a decent recruiting class coming in next year. I'd have Sid matriculate into the squad with those guys as opposed to the lineup we have out there now.
Interested to hear what your definition of a lost season is?

Reaction Score
Someone strike my above comment about it already being a lost season...

I'll wait until we're 7-6 and on a commercial flight to Tulsa to reiterate my feelings about where this season is headed.

A lost season would be not making the NCAA tournament.

Reaction Score
Professional basketball draft opportunities don’t go up as a player gets older in general, right? He’s a forward and we kinda need that?

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
If he's cleared - he'll play. Simple as that.

Guaranteed the kid doesn't want to sit on the bench all season and were certainly not at the point where we should be electing to sit superior talent on the bench.

Reaction Score
Wilson reclassified from 2018 to 2017. He would have been in high school this year anyways had he not been cajoled into enrolling at St. John's. He's likely a 3-year player at a min. I just don't see why you burn a full year for one semester. Larrier will be gone next year so give him the keys with 4 years to run. Looking at the schedule there are 4 games that would be resume wins for a NCAA tourney bid in the second semester: Villanova, @ Wichita, and home and away with cincy. I just don't think playing time to build rapport and 4 resume worthy games are enough reason to suit up a young kid and burn a year.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Who's the last talented wing to play here for all 4 years? Play him immdidiately. We need him for this year and to start gelling with the team for next year.

Reaction Score
If you think the season is over then why watch?? At 7-3 to say the season is over is idiotic. What’s even more idiotic is telling someone who points out the obvious that it isn’t that they aren’t paying attention. Saying we are trending in the wrong direction would be accurate, saying it’s a lost season is ridiculously gloomy and dark. It isn’t and to say it is shows a lack of common sense

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Really? I feel the opposite. If this team can maybe spring an upset at Arizona or at least beat Auburn, and if the coaches feel like Sid can get us over the hump and into the tournament, then play him. If they think we will miss post season play with or without him, then redshirt him.

Can't always prepare for the future. Right now, UCONN needs a lift in more ways than one. Play him.

Reaction Score
The chair defending him would help us right now.

"Get out there and defend the damn 3 pt line" - Coach Knight

635710194583752595-KnightThrowingChair.jpg

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Season is almost over? In what universe? They haven't played a single conference game yet! We absolutely need him to play. Not sure he's the answer, since he's not considered a shooter, but we need are able bodies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom