Will Wade done? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Will Wade done?

Reaction Score
That may be true but nobody does it to the level of the SEC. The stories I've heard about what goes on at SEC football schools are insane.

Not sure if it makes it better or worse in this context but, as someone familiar with Georgia's sports culture, no booster is spending a dime on the basketball program.

Because that is money that could've been spent on football.

Can't speak for other fan bases.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

I would love to see Coach K was heard on a wiretap just to see Dukie V's tweet on that. Oh wait there wouldn't be one, it would "no way baby I know Mike's voice baby that's not him they're setting him up because Duke's the best baby!"

All over Wiley Will Wade but not much when he heard about Pitino, Miller etc etc...

Last edited:

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
LSU just beat Vandy by 21 without Smart and Reid, while their fans booed their own AD chanting for him to be fired. This is going to be wild to watch what happens with this team moving forward.

Reaction Score
LSU just beat Vandy by 21 without Smart and Reid, while their fans booed their own AD chanting for him to be fired. This is going to be wild to watch what happens with this team moving forward.
It's crazy.

The other incredible takeaway from that game is Vanderbilt has lost 19 straight games this season. Bryce Drew got them in the tourney his first year, led them to a 12-20 season last year, followed it up with one of the best recruiting classes in the country (I'm sure he cheated for) and now 19 straight losses. He's on a 6 year contract, I think that needs to be looked at.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
It's crazy.

The other incredible takeaway from that game is Vanderbilt has lost 19 straight games this season. Bryce Drew got them in the tourney his first year, led them to a 12-20 season last year, followed it up with one of the best recruiting classes in the country (I'm sure he cheated for) and now 19 straight losses. He's on a 6 year contract, I think that needs to be looked at.

They did lose their absolute best player/PG early in the yearl. Once Darius Garland went out it was over.

Reaction Score
They did lose their absolute best player/PG early in the yearl. Once Darius Garland went out it was over.
Still, 19 in a row. The rest of the team isn't 90 year old ladies.

Ollie lost 2 of his 3 best players for the year.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Still, 19 in a row. The rest of the team isn't 90 year old ladies.

Ollie lost 2 of his 3 best players for the year.

It's not good. No way around that.

Can you imagine tho if we lost Jalen and Alterique last year? Yikes. How many would we have won sans real PG?

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I would love to see Coach K was heard on a wiretap just to see Dukie V's tweet on that. Oh wait there wouldn't be one, it would "no way baby I know Mike's voice baby that's not him they're setting him up because Duke's the best baby!"

All over Wiley Will Wade but not much when he heard about Pitino, Miller etc etc...

Is there anybody out there that pays any attention to Dookie V anymore? Years ago he became a gross caricature of himself. At one point he was ranting that UCONN should pay Ollie his $10.7 million. He has apparently backed away from that, sort of like a politician who conducts a poll to see what he or she should be thinking.

UConnNick

Reaction Score

Swin Cash and Rothstein made excellent points on the CBS studio show today. Swin thinks it's unfair for the players to get caught up in any pre-emptive form of punishment, especially since the schools seem largely comfortable with keeping these scumbag cheating coaches around way beyond the time these allegations become known. Swin said it's unfair to the players and their teammates who've worked hard all season.

Rothstein also made a good point about holding any suspect players out of games. He said they've already played the whole season, so why hold them out now? The NCAA is either going to vacate your entire season or not. It doesn't matter if you hold players out now. That horse is already way out of the barn.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Swin Cash and Rothstein made excellent points on the CBS studio show today. Swin thinks it's unfair for the players to get caught up in any pre-emptive form of punishment, especially since the schools seem largely comfortable with keeping these scumbag cheating coaches around way beyond the time these allegations become known. Swin said it's unfair to the players and their teammates who've worked hard all season.

Rothstein also made a good point about holding any suspect players out of games. He said they've already played the whole season, so why hold them out now? The NCAA is either going to vacate your entire season or not. It doesn't matter if you hold players out now. That horse is already way out of the barn.
Terrible situation all around. What happens if LSU makes a run in the post season tournaments? The teams they beat are going to say well LSU shouldn’t have been there, their wins are going to be vacated anyway.

UConnNick

Reaction Score
Terrible situation all around. What happens if LSU makes a run in the post season tournaments? The teams they beat are going to say well LSU shouldn’t have been there, their wins are going to be vacated anyway.

That's right. Any wins LSU has in the SEC and NCAA tourneys obviously affect their opponents adversely, with no recourse. Years later the NCAA, moving at its usual snail pace, vacates their entire season. That's no consolation to the teams they bounced. They still went home unfairly.

Reaction Score
No national champion in 2013.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
If the ncaa wasn’t such a trash organization they wouldn’t seed LSU or Zona. But they will.

UConnNick

Reaction Score
If the ncaa wasn’t such a trash organization they wouldn’t seed LSU or Zona. But they will.

True, but the only way Arizona gets a bid is by winning the PAC12 tourney. LSU is going to be given the opportunity to muck it up for a number of other teams.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Sounds weird but conceivable - Knowing he will be a 1 and done why not play for NChampionship and what he will earn after that - $100K is chump change

It’s kansas. Not western Kentucky.

Reaction Score

So the players and there families didn't know it is illegal to accept cash payments? Then they are dumber than I thought. If they have hard evidence the players are guilty then they should be suspended same as the coach.

Reaction Score

Amazing, the fan base is all-in in their support of Wade. Did they read the transcripts of the recordings? I know we all tend to give our own program the benefit of the doubt but how does one read that transcript and not come away thinking that it as awfully incriminating?

Reaction Score
Amazing, the fan base is all-in in their support of Wade. Did they read the transcripts of the recordings? I know we all tend to give our own program the benefit of the doubt but how does one read that transcript and not come away thinking that it as awfully incriminating?
Because they're used to it with football and it's a different mentality in the SEC.

1552234345976.png

Reaction Score

Yeah, if the check they received has already been cashed and cleared then nothing we can do. Let them play damnit!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom