Will Wade done? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Will Wade done?

Reaction Score
Just wait until he’s subpoenaed. I’m concerned for anyone who thinks Sean Miller is an innocent man.

I believe Miller is on a wiretap saying something incriminating.

I think the odds of it being about paying Ayton $100k are 0. Could be a different player and the same amount, but the timeline and connections between Dawkins, Ayton, and Miller don't match up.

Reaction Score
The SEC made it a point to get better at basketball.
They employed the same tactics to basketball as they do football.
These are the consequences.
The problem is the NCAA net only catches a few and has big holes for big programs to swim thru.

I hate to break this to you, but nearly every school in every conference cheats in any revenue generating sport.

Except UConn, of course.

Reaction Score
I love how they have the coach dead to rights on a wiretap and Dickie V says he must be...suspended.
Vitale changed his opinion from suspending Wade to firing him since his first tweet. Guess the public outcry got to him.

Reaction Score
The best option now is the suspend with pay as LSU does not want to end up in an Ollie situation in the “firing with cause” grey area. The NCAA has said nothing so firing may be premature

Reaction Score
Lol I don't think he's innocent. But they actually have Will Wade on a wiretap on two separate occasions - there were reports that they had Miller on tape, but nothing yet. Two entirely different situations as of right now.

No, I wasn’t implying you believed he’s innocent. Just saying anyone who does is clueless. Trust you’re one of the last guys I’d call out on here

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
The best is dookies thinking Zion turned down 100K to play for Duke for free.
I've been saying this as well. No evidence, but hard to imagine he turned down Kansas and a job for his dad to play for Duke for free and leave his old man hanging. Common sense says there should be an investigation, but the NCAA has never been accused of having common or uncommon sense.

Reaction Score
We have a 3-star too 20 National juco player over to our house a lot just to invest in him and be family to the kids in our town.

LSU told him quote “whatever he wants they will get it for him.”

I don’t push our kids anywhere but i told him stay away from them. Those guys are bad people are we want our kids to go places that will grow them off and on the court.

Think he will go play for Buzz FYI.

We have a smallish 6-1 combo that Alterique told me is the best scorer he ever played with at the UCF game but i can’t staff to respond even with some of my connections to people who are connected. Frustrating. Big time scorer drive or 3, better handle. Unselfish.

SMU offered yesterday.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Tremont’s recruitment always was strange. He randomly took an official to Western Kentucky amidst of the Georgetown talk. Then randomly ends up at LSU.

I’m interested to see what happens though because he’s caught red handed.

evmore

FRIENDOftheprogram
Reaction Score
It would be nice if he expounded on this statement.....Wade, according to ESPN, also told Dawkins on that call he’d made deals for "as good of players as him" that were "a lot simpler than this."

Reaction Score
Tremont’s recruitment always was strange. He randomly took an official to Western Kentucky amidst of the Georgetown talk. Then randomly ends up at LSU.

I’m interested to see what happens though because he’s caught red handed.

I believe that most schools cheat... or turn the other cheek while others cheat for them. Years ago a friend who is a booster (not UConn) was told that by two former major D1 coaches when discussing an investigation of another school. The comment from one of them (still an assistant at a high major school) was, "Anyone that tells you it doesn't happen at literally every school is lying to you or themselves." The friend smartly didn't follow-up with any other questions.

That being said, I can actually see a lock of a star like Zion choosing to go to Duke without money. What's $100k or so when you are a year away from millions. An NCAA investigation can hurt your draft status by putting you on the bench, and the payment can lead to future tax evasion issues. The worst that can happen is he gets hurt, but there is insurance for that. If I was Zion's dad I'd talk to advisors, and if I was the advisor I'd tell him to keep it clean unless the family was on the brink of starving.

I think it makes more sense for a guy like Tremont to take money and his recruitment just seemed to scream that he was looking for the highest offer (the programs and the rep of the coaches of those programs). He's a nice player, but it wasn't a sure thing that he'd excel in college, and his size may keep him from making much money for a while (or ever) regardless.

Reaction Score

Waters' needs were transparent. So much smoke with WKU's recent recruiting (as a Knicks fan I will be forever grateful in the role they played in keeping Mitchell Robinson from playing college ball) and then Waters lands at LSU. He wanted his payday.

Reaction Score
I doubt any firings are happening over this. NCAA will continually seek to reduce exposure and press over this as they have previously so as not to affect their cash cow. As opposed to how we are dealing with the KO fiasco and always appear painfully in the news. Granted the context for both issues are different but the NCAA has the ginormous pool of resources which are attached to this issue, UCONN is limited.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I've evolved from "if these guys are getting xxx dollars, how much are [top end guys] getting!" to thinking most of the money is probably around the 3/4 star kids, since the 5 stars are gonna get paid eventually. Its the 3/4 star kids who can really change trajectories, plus with their lower prospects the money is way more impactful.

Reaction Score
I've evolved from "if these guys are getting xxx dollars, how much are [top end guys] getting!" to thinking most of the money is probably around the 3/4 star kids, since the 5 stars are gonna get paid eventually. Its the 3/4 star kids who can really change trajectories, plus with their lower prospects the money is way more impactful.

I see where you’re coming from, but I can almost guarantee that if there are people ready and willing to pay for 3/4 star guys, there are definitely people paying 5 star guys.

Reaction Score
I hate to break this to you, but nearly every school in every conference cheats in any revenue generating sport.

Except UConn, of course.

That’s a hot take. What would I do without your guidance.

The SEC in the last 5 years or so have made a huge investment in basketball. Facilities, coach’s , the hiring of Mike Tranghese as special adviser.
The conference put a lot of emphasis on elevating the league.
That means other “investment” as well.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Except UConn, of course.

This is true, but nobody, and I mean nobody holds a candle to SEC football. It's a goshdarn art form.

Reaction Score
This is true, but nobody, and I mean nobody holds a candle to SEC football. It's a goshdarn art form.

I agree that it happens at a dizzying pace that probably exceeds even our own imagination of what’s happening.

However, what I disagree with is that SEC powers are doing anything different than powers in other conference. For instance, I don’t think Alabama is doing anything different than what Texas, Ohio State or USC are doing in football or what Kentucky, Kansas, or UNC are doing in basketball.

But not UConn. Definitely not UConn.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I agree that it happens at a dizzying pace that probably exceeds even our own imagination of what’s happening.

However, what I disagree with is that SEC powers are doing anything different than powers in other conference. For instance, I don’t think Alabama is doing anything different than what Texas, Ohio State or USC are doing in football or what Kentucky, Kansas, or UNC are doing in basketball.

But not UConn. Definitely not UConn.

They're all doing it significantly, I don't doubt that in the least. It's just SEC Football tends to be far more brazen than most. It's like a cultural institution, not just accepted, but celebrated. I went to school down there, and it wasn't even a power school. There are straight up bags of cash in lockers. Assistant coaches introducing you to boosters with a "this guy will take care of you".

And yeah, you can probably toss OSU, FSU, USC (Miami says hi) and a few others in that convo.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom