Will UCONN sign anyone for next season? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Will UCONN sign anyone for next season?

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
Tennessee ... Brazil ... they're almost interchangeable. :D

Except for Brazil's huge advantage in music, food, beaches...

Reaction Score
Maybe Boston didn’t want to play behind, or compete with Liv for three seasons? I know some people believe Liv can be a four and play in the high post, but I see her as a five.
Often, even parents don't know the real reason for a young girl's choice of college.

Reaction Score
How much longer are we going to read about Boston being "the one that got away from UCONN"?
There’s not even any fur left on the carcass of that dead horse.

MTC

Reaction Score
Something must be happening that we haven't heard about yet. Her name may start with a "M".

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
Just a reminder that 12 of the last 18 days including today are a dead period on the NCAA recruiting calendar. Geno couldn't be out there recruiting even if he wanted to.

View attachment 42401
My goodness, Coco, you were always a colorful contributor but this is ridiculous!

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
I hear there's a 7-4 gal in Manchuria who's interested in UConn. I believe her name is Sidd Finch.

I remember when this was published. I worked on a staff with four other writers and we talked about the great copy for a week. I wish I was the one who caught the first letter of each word in the bullet copy under Quickly.

The Curious Case Of Sidd Finch

Reaction Score
I watched the McD's AA game and came away underwhelmed. Many bigs looked sluggish. Haley Jones did not look like a dominant player. The boys game actually had defense, ball movement and memorable plays. First time in a while I liked watching the boys better

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
I watched the McD's AA game and came away underwhelmed. Many bigs looked sluggish. Haley Jones did not look like a dominant player. The boys game actually had defense, ball movement and memorable plays. First time in a while I liked watching the boys better
Jordan Brand Classic (streamed earlier today) was a much better game - Jones led the black team to the win with game high 17 pts and was named MVP. She was far better today than in the McD's AA game.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I think that there are actually two big questions.
-Will UConn sign anyone for next season? Of course...even if its just walk-ons
but I expect recruits.

-Will Shea be offered and accept the North Carolina job?
A very good question for which I do not have an answer.

Reaction Score
And what do you expect “we” will do about it?

go to the time tunnel and correct it

1555855230966.png

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Two words.......Jolette Law. Staley brought her on board in 2017 to bolster and solidify the Gamecock's recruiting efforts. In 24 seasons in the coaching profession, Law has been tied to success throughout her career at Tennessee (2012-17), Illinois (2007-12), Rutgers (1995-2007), Ball State (1994-95) and, now, South Carolina.

"Jolette's experience as a head coach and recruiter will be instrumental as we continue to compete for and win championships,” Staley said. “Her basketball knowledge, energy and passion for the game are invaluable additions to our program.” Law is considered to be a very good to excellent recruiter. She was quite a BB player too.

I remember reading an article here (I looked for it with no luck) in the yard that said during Boston's campus visit with her parents, they put on the "RITZ" for them by serving them a "traditional" home cooked meal from their native Virgin Islands. I believe they also had one of their countrymen there (where ever they ate dinner) along with some artifacts (decorations) from the Islands to give it the flavor and ambiance of their island home. Law knows what she's doing. You're going to see a lot of top ranked recruits going to South Carolina while she's there.

It obviously worked. How else can you explain losing a highly coveted recruit that was living in your own back yard, that you worked on tirelessly for so long to South Carolina? They wanted her as much as UConn did, maybe more. "I prayed a lot," said Boston, "South Carolina just felt like home."

I believe that Law was very instrumental in securing a commitment from Boston. Notwithstanding that Columbia South Carolina is a lot closer to her island home than Storrs is, but so is Huntington Beach California (Katie Lou). Go figure. I too was very unhappy at the news she was committing to The Gamecocks. We lost a good one. :(
The other side of your point may well be Marisa leaving for the HC job at Boston U. There has been some indication that Marisa and Boston had developed a strong relationship during UConn’s recruitment of Boston.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
The other side of your point may well be Marisa leaving for the HC job at Boston U. There has been some indication that Marisa and Boston had developed a strong relationship during UConn’s recruitment of Boston.

You're reading my mind. That thought did cross my mind, but decided not to articulate it because it was just a thought, and I had nothing to back it up with.

Reaction Score
The short answer is NO....no power forwards ..... no centers. Looks like 4 guards and a center

Reaction Score
Well, Benjamina has been regressing every year for some reason. On the other hand, Siddique Finch not only dominates in the post but steps outside and hits 60% of her 3's from 40 feet.

FWIW if anyone remembers Manute Bol.. . . He was a skinny 7' 6" NBA center, I saw him consistently hit 30 footers, but he could not score in the paint

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom