Will UCONN sign anyone for next season? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Will UCONN sign anyone for next season?

Reaction Score
And I’m still scratching my head of Boston!! Something went wrong at the very end in my opinion .. something changed her mind. The fact all these transfers coming out of SC makes me think something .. Boston in our back yard been to so many UCONN games and campus visits just made no sense. That’s the one player that will haunt me for years.. she has the ability to be a Tina Charles type of impact player in a Alaina Coates body.

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
Why on earth is Oregon State getting more bigs they already have a 6’9 redshirt freshmen and a few more players 6’7... Oregon State and Baylor are the 2 teams that always seem to land big players!! I hope Geno can convince Cordosa 6’7 to leave her state of Tennessee .. she’s the one player I want for 2020. I believe she has the potential to be a brittney grinder type of player.

Who is this Cordosa? Might you be scrambling to reference the Brasilian lady, Kamilla C A r d o s O? Her home state is most certainly not Tennessee. She is from Brasil. The high school she attends in TN is shutting down for lack,of funds. It is not clear where she might play next year, or whether it would be in her home country or U.S.A.

"brittney grinder" (sic) is another mystery. Is she a grind-it-out sort of player?

Reaction Score
Who is this Cordosa? Might you be scrambling to reference the Brasilian lady, Kamilla C A r d o s O? Her home state is most certainly not Tennessee. She is from Brasil. The high school she attends in TN is shutting down for lack,of funds. It is not clear where she might play next year, or whether it would be in her home country or U.S.A.

"brittney grinder" (sic) is another mystery. Is she a grind-it-out sort of player?
Well whatever thats who I was referring to. Thank u for the clear up... that’s the player I want

Reaction Score
Why on earth is Oregon State getting more bigs they already have a 6’9 redshirt freshmen and a few more players 6’7...
Sure will be interesting to see how Rueck develops these ones. The most recent 6’9” one I wish UConn took a look at. She would be a little more of a project, but if she dedicated a RS season to conditiong, she would be a star here.

Reaction Score
What does Oregon State need all that height what player would go there ...now u have 2 6’9 players 1 6’7 player 1 6’6 player and 2 6’3 players that’s a lot of height and a lot of bigs riding the bench .. way to much overload on any roster makes no sense. It’s not like ruick is developing his bigs in the WNBA or beyond. Will never figure it out why Oregon State continues to over recruit bigs and they still continue to commit there!! How many of his old players are in the WNBA? 1 and she un preformed in LA and would be surprised if she makes the cut this season

Reaction Score
What does Oregon State need all that height what player would go there ...now u have 2 6’9 players 1 6’7 player 1 6’6 player and 2 6’3 players that’s a lot of height and a lot of bigs riding the bench .. way to much overload on any roster makes no sense. It’s not like ruick is developing his bigs in the WNBA or beyond. Will never figure it out why Oregon State continues to over recruit bigs and they still continue to commit there!! How many of his old players are in the WNBA? 1 and she un preformed in LA and would be surprised if she makes the cut this season
Give the man some credit. He tookover a struggling Oregon State program and had to have tryouts just to form a team. A few years later he was playing the most dominant team in UConn and NCAA history in the final four. He turned Ruth Hamblin into a monster down low and did the same with Gulich (just watch their game vs. Baylor last season). No one had even heard of Hamblin, she was rated 40 by Hoopgurlz, and he turned her into a top-20 overall pick. Same with Gulich, but she wasn’t as underranked. The man can develop posts.

MTC

Reaction Score
Call me crazy but I think some of our bench will be strongly challenged to be better and will meet the challenge out of necessity and will make enough improvement to get themselves into a decent rotation.

I would put Coombs and Irwin in that category. I wish Batouly but I don't see her physical issues going away.

Except for some magical elite transfers, no one can be expected to come into our program and do a better job than our bench players who know the system (and the pressure of UConn) backwards and forwards.

Geno will need to bend a bit more and figure out how to use the bench a bit more (and not just AAC games) even if it means losing a few more games than may otherwise occur (and pray for 2020 to come quickly).
Horsefeathers, Combs is only bench player worthy right now of D-1 BB.

Reaction Score
Give the man some credit. He tookover a struggling Oregon State program and had to have tryouts just to form a team. A few years later he was playing the most dominant team in UConn and NCAA history in the final four. He turned Ruth Hamblin into a monster down low and did the same with Gulich (just watch their game vs. Baylor last season). No one had even heard of Hamblin, she was rated 40 by Hoopgurlz, and he turned her into a top-20 overall pick. Same with Gulich, but she wasn’t as underranked. The man can develop posts.
Well he has a whole basketball roster of bigs he can develop good luck with that!!! And I mean it in the most positive way

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

Tennessee ... Brazil ... they're almost interchangeable. :D

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
And I’m still scratching my head of Boston!! Something went wrong at the very end in my opinion .. something changed her mind. The fact all these transfers coming out of SC makes me think something .. Boston in our back yard been to so many UCONN games and campus visits just made no sense. That’s the one player that will haunt me for years.. she has the ability to be a Tina Charles type of impact player in a Alaina Coates body.

Two words......................Jolette Law. Staley brought her on board in 2017 to bolster and solidify the Gamecock's recruiting efforts. In 24 seasons in the coaching profession, Law has been tied to success throughout her career at Tennessee (2012-17), Illinois (2007-12), Rutgers (1995-2007), Ball State (1994-95) and, now, South Carolina.

"Jolette's experience as a head coach and recruiter will be instrumental as we continue to compete for and win championships,” Staley said. “Her basketball knowledge, energy and passion for the game are invaluable additions to our program.” Law is considered to be a very good to excellent recruiter. She was quite a BB player too.

I remember reading an article here (I looked for it with no luck) in the yard that said during Boston's campus visit with her parents, they put on the "RITZ" for them by serving them a "traditional" home cooked meal from their native Virgin Islands. I believe they also had one of their countrymen there (where ever they ate dinner) along with some artifacts (decorations) from the Islands to give it the flavor and ambiance of their island home. Law knows what she's doing. You're going to see a lot of top ranked recruits going to South Carolina while she's there.

It obviously worked. How else can you explain losing a highly coveted recruit that was living in your own back yard, that you worked on tirelessly for so long to South Carolina? They wanted her as much as UConn did, maybe more. "I prayed a lot," said Boston, "South Carolina just felt like home."

I believe that Law was very instrumental in securing a commitment from Boston. Notwithstanding that Columbia South Carolina is a lot closer to her island home than Storrs is, but so is Huntington Beach California (Katie Lou). Go figure. I too was very unhappy at the news she was committing to The Gamecocks. We lost a good one. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
I guess walking into gampel and seeing all those national titles and all ...the all Americans and national
Player of the year players on the wall doesn’t compare to home cook meals ... what recruits view is a puzzling thing!!!

Reaction Score
Why on earth is Oregon State getting more bigs they already have a 6’9 redshirt freshmen and a few more players 6’7... Oregon State and Baylor are the 2 teams that always seem to land big players!! I hope Geno can convince Cordosa 6’7 to leave her state of Tennessee .. she’s the one player I want for 2020. I believe she has the potential to be a brittney grinder type of player.
Is this a Freudian slip????

Also isn't a grinder a sub sandwich from New England?

Reaction Score
Horsefeathers, Combs is only bench player worthy right now of D-1 BB.
Negatory. She is not worthy of playing offensively in D-1 BB. And neither is Coombs.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Until we win a NC without her.
(This is where I need an eye roll that looks more annoyed than just smug.)
eyeroll.gif

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

Why do these super-tall girls play go to Oregon State? Because Oregon State is one of the schools that recruits and make good use of super-tall players.

And you're exactly right that these girls aren't going to the WNBA. Because they're not great players. UConn starters go on to the WNBA almost as a rule.

Who cares if Rueck is up there signing monsters from Europe? UConn is recruiting better players.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Why do these super-tall girls play go to Oregon State? Because Oregon State is one of the schools that recruits and make good use of super-tall players.
And you're exactly right that these girls aren't going to the WNBA. Because they're not great players. UConn starters go on to the WNBA almost as a rule.
Who cares if Rueck is up there signing monsters from Europe? UConn is recruiting better players.
Ruth Hamblin being an exception.

Reaction Score

Maybe Boston didn’t want to play behind, or compete with Liv for three seasons? I know some people believe Liv can be a four and play in the high post, but I see her as a five.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom