Will UCONN sign anyone for next season? | The Boneyard

Will UCONN sign anyone for next season?

Reaction Score
What do u all think. Just saw USF got a commitment from top junior college player to boost there roster for next season. Seeing a lot of transfers the past few days going everywhere but UCONN. Can’t understand why a top transfer player wouldn’t want to go to UCONN? Plenty of playing time available. I know Geno is selective but I would rather have a transfer that might not be the best option then having to go the walk-on route. I hope I’m not over reacting but I just hope we can at least land 2 grad transfers that can help with a depleted bench. There has to be some players out there that UCONN can use for next season.. what do u all think might happen here?? I’m sure we will know soon enough. Go Huskies

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
What do u all think. Just saw USF got a commitment from top junior college player to boost there roster for next season. Seeing a lot of transfers the past few days going everywhere but UCONN. Can’t understand why a top transfer player wouldn’t want to go to UCONN? Plenty of playing time available. I know Geno is selective but I would rather have a transfer that might not be the best option then having to go the walk-on route. I hope I’m not over reacting but I just hope we can at least land 2 grad transfers that can help with a depleted bench. There has to be some players out there that UCONN can use for next season.. what do u all think might happen here?? I’m sure we will know soon enough. Go Huskies

That's a pretty bold post.

Reaction Score
I'm hoping we hear some good news about Anna Makurat by mid to late May, but there doesn't seem to be anyone on the horizon who could bolster our front court.

Reaction Score
I'm sure Geno is making every effort to bolster the frontcourt. We need size and skill. Size alone will not help. In the past, posts who transferred in have been only mildly helpful.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Will UConn sign anyone?

Sounds like a great question for the Magic 8-Ball:
1555543760458.png

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Obviously, we have signed Aubrey.

Beyond that, I hope so. Geno seems optimistic and is looking at non-traditional sources. I’m hoping for 1 European, 1 grad transfer, and 1 regular transfer. I hope we get 2 players, at least.

Reaction Score
Obviously, we have signed Aubrey.

Beyond that, I hope so. Geno seems optimistic and is looking at non-traditional sources. I’m hoping for 1 European, 1 grad transfer, and 1 regular transfer. I hope we get 2 players, at least.
Oregon State just announced a 6'9" Serbian committed. They are out there. Wonder if she has a cousin ?

Reaction Score
I understand your angst! The future could look bleak. I'm sure more than a fair share of transfers would want UConn, some won't.
A big issue for Geno is: How will a transfer help, how will they hurt the team chemistry and play.
Look at the transfers that Louisville, USC, etc accepted then ask: How would they fit in at UConn, how would they help, how would they hurt?
I think, I'd like a big, but I don't want anyone to disrupt what we have--they are a super team.
I'll start really worrying in JULY.

Reaction Score
I have faith that the coaching staff is focusing on players that will fill the gaps and fit into our system, but I must admit, I am getting concerned given the silence.

Maybe we can raid the volleyball team for a walk on post, like we raided the track team a few years ago for a walk on (was it Pullido or Lawlor? I forget...) :cool:

Reaction Score
Oregon State just announced a 6'9" Serbian committed. They are out there. Wonder if she has a cousin ?

That's the one that I was speaking about. Why can't we get a couple or three of those. Then we can form a football flying V offense down the court and play a more physical game.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Call me crazy but I think some of our bench will be strongly challenged to be better and will meet the challenge out of necessity and will make enough improvement to get themselves into a decent rotation.

I would put Coombs and Irwin in that category. I wish Batouly but I don't see her physical issues going away.

Except for some magical elite transfers, no one can be expected to come into our program and do a better job than our bench players who know the system (and the pressure of UConn) backwards and forwards.

Geno will need to bend a bit more and figure out how to use the bench a bit more (and not just AAC games) even if it means losing a few more games than may otherwise occur (and pray for 2020 to come quickly).

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I guess a 'quiet' period is more quiet than a 'dead' period? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Reaction Score
Why on earth is Oregon State getting more bigs they already have a 6’9 redshirt freshmen and a few more players 6’7... Oregon State and Baylor are the 2 teams that always seem to land big players!! I hope Geno can convince Cordosa 6’7 to leave her state of Tennessee .. she’s the one player I want for 2020. I believe she has the potential to be a brittney grinder type of player.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Why on earth is Oregon State getting more bigs they already have a 6’9 redshirt freshmen and a few more players 6’7... Oregon State and Baylor are the 2 teams that always seem to land big players!! I hope Geno can convince Cordosa 6’7 to leave her state of Tennessee .. she’s the one player I want for 2020. I believe she has the potential to be a brittney grinder type of player.
Probably to piss off the UCONN fans?:eek:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom