Will UCONN sign anyone for next season? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Will UCONN sign anyone for next season?

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
FWIW if anyone remembers Manute Bol.. . . He was a skinny 7' 6" NBA center, I saw him consistently hit 30 footers, but he could not score in the paint
Manute Bol was recruited by my old golf coach at Sacred Heart. Don Feely brought Bol to SHU and SHU would not set up a course for him to stay. Bol ended up at the University of Bridgeport. He was 7'7 some said 7'9. He could block any shot flat footed. A really nice person who loved to eat pizza. I watched many of his games and he was awesome and could shoot the trey consistently.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Let me bring up a couple of things. One of my new clients coaches girls hs bb in Westchester. She played in Croatia and does not know Nina. Her team has played against Griffin and she remarked that Griffin is really really good and better then advertised. With that said she will be a freshman and will need to learn Geno's system and college ball. Another point with all the former UConn players playing around the world I have a feeling that one or more of them might have someone a big that is interested in UConn and its being kept quiet. Just a hunch no inside info on it. There are rumors and they are just that rumors right now. Things are to quiet in UConns recruiting process imo and nothing is leaking out. IMO the greatest team in all of WCBB has openings with a bunch of HS AA's on their roster and the greatest coaching staff in WBB and nothing???? I dont believe it. IMO something is on the back burner and we will find out later in the year. Why later in the year because if it got out now other potential recruits might go elsewhere. Nothing is as bad as it seems and nothing is as good as it appears and remember this is UConn the biggest name in the world in WCBB. Be patient.

Reaction Score
Manute Bol was recruited by my old golf coach at Sacred Heart. Don Feely brought Bol to SHU and SHU would not set up a course for him to stay. Bol ended up at the University of Bridgeport. He was 7'7 some said 7'9. He could block any shot flat footed. A really nice person who loved to eat pizza. I watched many of his games and he was awesome and could shoot the trey consistently.
When they came to play New Hampshire College(now Southern NH University) the gym would be packed to the rafters {approximately 2,000+} to watch Manute play.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Well, Benjamina has been regressing every year for some reason. On the other hand, Siddique Finch not only dominates in the post but steps outside and hits 60% of her 3's from 40 feet.
....without bending her elbow.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Let me bring up a couple of things. One of my new clients coaches girls hs bb in Westchester. She played in Croatia and does not know Nina. Her team has played against Griffin and she remarked that Griffin is really really good and better then advertised. With that said she will be a freshman and will need to learn Geno's system and college ball. Another point with all the former UConn players playing around the world I have a feeling that one or more of them might have someone a big that is interested in UConn and its being kept quiet. Just a hunch no inside info on it. There are rumors and they are just that rumors right now. Things are to quiet in UConns recruiting process imo and nothing is leaking out. IMO the greatest team in all of WCBB has openings with a bunch of HS AA's on their roster and the greatest coaching staff in WBB and nothing???? I dont believe it. IMO something is on the back burner and we will find out later in the year. Why later in the year because if it got out now other potential recruits might go elsewhere. Nothing is as bad as it seems and nothing is as good as it appears and remember this is UConn the biggest name in the world in WCBB. Be patient.

Tony, I think you are 100% correct. Two things Geno does not tolerate, disloyalty, and leaks to the media. I commented in another thread that I would bet Geno still had an ace or two in his hand and still another one up his sleeve that he’s waiting to play for the reasons you mentioned.

Reaction Score
Based on Geno's no leaks policy and Westbrook's mother propensity for over sharing on social media, if the Westbrooks keep silent then that bodes well for her being a husky in my opinion.

Reaction Score
FWIW if anyone remembers Manute Bol.. . . He was a skinny 7' 6" NBA center, I saw him consistently hit 30 footers, but he could not score in the paint
Siddique Finch beats him by 40 feet.:eek:

Reaction Score

What potential recruits would go elsewhere? 2019 class is done, and 2020 class can not sign until November after school has started. And Yes, there is recruiting news leaking out. We have already received a verbal from Muhl after her interest was rumored and we are waiting on a decision from Makurat, who is also rumored to have interest. We are hearing a lot of rumors regarding UConn's recruiting.

Reaction Score
Well, Benjamina has been regressing every year for some reason. On the other hand, Siddique Finch not only dominates in the post but steps outside and hits 60% of her 3's from 40 feet.
This gets curiouser and curiouser.

Reaction Score
I understand your angst! The future could look bleak. I'm sure more than a fair share of transfers would want UConn, some won't.
A big issue for Geno is: How will a transfer help, how will they hurt the team chemistry and play.
Look at the transfers that Louisville, USC, etc accepted then ask: How would they fit in at UConn, how would they help, how would they hurt?
I think, I'd like a big, but I don't want anyone to disrupt what we have--they are a super team.
I'll start really worrying in JULY.
Could we please stop using Louisville as a good example. Walz is noted for overfilling the roster and then forcing existing players off the team. I don’t think his national championship record is one to hold up as an example to follow.

Reaction Score
This gets curiouser and curiouser.
And Siddique Finch will bring strength and durability. She has only been involved with one injury in her life. At 14, she took a charge from a bull. She was unhurt, but the bull suffered an ACL.

Reaction Score
Could we please stop using Louisville as a good example. Walz is noted for overfilling the roster and then forcing existing players off the team. I don’t think his national championship record is one to hold up as an example to follow.

Please review the comment to which refer: Louisville was ONE of others mentioned. Are you saying don't mention any that received transfers?

Reaction Score
And Siddique Finch will bring strength and durability. She has only been involved with one injury in her life. At 14, she took a charge from a bull. She was unhurt, but the bull suffered an ACL.
At one time the comment was: Mess with the BULL you get the horns! Apparently that should be changed: If the BULL messes with FINCH it get the ACL!! Love it

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom