Will UConn Sign a Polish Player? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Will UConn Sign a Polish Player?

Reaction Score
There are parallels between Molly and Coombs. What is holding them back - same issue, but Molly has more schooled basketball aptitude. What to do. What to do. :confused:
What to do. What to do]\
. :confused:[/QUOTE] I know I take a different view of Coombs and Molly , at my own peril, but Coombs is NOW a better Div 1 guard than Molly, Molly shoots better, Molly is easily trapped, Molly doesn't protect the ball--Coombs does all of that. She is a better more dedicated ball handler and dribbler. Coombs big lack is shooting.. Coombs sees the floor better, anticipates situations better. Molly knows the Geno system, is intelligent, is a nice kid, practices hard, Geno likes her attitude. But in a game, give me Coombs. Coombs next year (and this year if the need arrises) will be Dangers back up and the year after she will fill Dangers spot (unless the Polish player comes in and is better). Geno is grooming her.

Reaction Score
What to do. What to do]\
. :confused:
I know I take a different view of Coombs and Molly , at my own peril, but Coombs is NOW a better Div 1 guard than Molly, Molly shoots better, Molly is easily trapped, Molly doesn't protect the ball--Coombs does all of that. She is a better more dedicated ball handler and dribbler. Coombs big lack is shooting.. Coombs sees the floor better, anticipates situations better. Molly knows the Geno system, is intelligent, is a nice kid, practices hard, Geno likes her attitude. But in a game, give me Coombs. Coombs next year (and this year if the need arrises) will be Dangers back up and the year after she will fill Dangers spot (unless the Polish player comes in and is better). Geno is grooming her.[/QUOTE]

Not Fudd?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I know I take a different view of Coombs and Molly , at my own peril, but Coombs is NOW a better Div 1 guard than Molly, Molly shoots better, Molly is easily trapped, Molly doesn't protect the ball--Coombs does all of that. She is a better more dedicated ball handler and dribbler. Coombs big lack is shooting.. Coombs sees the floor better, anticipates situations better. Molly knows the Geno system, is intelligent, is a nice kid, practices hard, Geno likes her attitude. But in a game, give me Coombs. Coombs next year (and this year if the need arrises) will be Dangers back up and the year after she will fill Dangers spot (unless the Polish player comes in and is better). Geno is grooming her.

Not Fudd?[/QUOTE]
Azzi Fudd is class of 2021. Though she can play PG, she is generally a SG and can also play the wing.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
A family pipeline???

The UConn-Polish version of the Mabreys?

Or the Samuelson's in reverse, sort of. The 3rd was the best, is the best, and getting better. Lou you are a stud and more. You look more and more like Larry Bird to me. Love and Kisses, a hopelessly devoted fan.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
What to do. What to do]\
. :confused:
I know I take a different view of Coombs and Molly , at my own peril, but Coombs is NOW a better Div 1 guard than Molly, Molly shoots better, Molly is easily trapped, Molly doesn't protect the ball--Coombs does all of that. She is a better more dedicated ball handler and dribbler. Coombs big lack is shooting.. Coombs sees the floor better, anticipates situations better. Molly knows the Geno system, is intelligent, is a nice kid, practices hard, Geno likes her attitude. But in a game, give me Coombs. Coombs next year (and this year if the need arrises) will be Dangers back up and the year after she will fill Dangers spot (unless the Polish player comes in and is better). Geno is grooming her.[/QUOTE]

Happy if you are right, but I don't see it yet. Her potential is huge. Her realized potential miniscule. If she gets a couple of things fixed and they are the same ones when she was a frosh, she could be up on the wall before she's done.

Reaction Score
I know I take a different view of Coombs and Molly , at my own peril, but Coombs is NOW a better Div 1 guard than Molly, Molly shoots better, Molly is easily trapped, Molly doesn't protect the ball--Coombs does all of that. She is a better more dedicated ball handler and dribbler. Coombs big lack is shooting.. Coombs sees the floor better, anticipates situations better. Molly knows the Geno system, is intelligent, is a nice kid, practices hard, Geno likes her attitude. But in a game, give me Coombs. Coombs next year (and this year if the need arrises) will be Dangers back up and the year after she will fill Dangers spot (unless the Polish player comes in and is better). Geno is grooming her.

Happy if you are right, but I don't see it yet. Her potential is huge. Her realized potential miniscule. If she gets a couple of things fixed and they are the same ones when she was a frosh, she could be up on the wall before she's done.[/QUOTE]
Two different players with two different skill sets. Coombs a true point guard with defensive skills. Molly gets flustered bringing ball up but surprisingly to me, has developed a good 3 point shot and moves well within the offensive rotation.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Oh, come on, official visit can be squeezed in. I'd say something funny here but you never know when someone from the SEC would report it.

Throwing caution to the win, thinking SEC has learned it's lesson:

And the airlines has cheeseburgers and fries on the menu.

1550095880964.png

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Happy if you are right, but I don't see it yet. Her potential is huge. Her realized potential miniscule. If she gets a couple of things fixed and they are the same ones when she was a frosh, she could be up on the wall before she's done.
Two different players with two different skill sets. Coombs a true point guard with defensive skills. Molly gets flustered bringing ball up but surprisingly to me, has developed a good 3 point shot and moves well within the offensive rotation.[/QUOTE]

Molly could be PG or SG. She has an enormous skill set and a PG brain. She just can't seem to relax into the game. If she had gone Ivy League she's be POY for 3 years. The whole perfection for Geno and playing time whammy has been her locked in her head thinking too much.

Reaction Score
Two different players with two different skill sets. Coombs a true point guard with defensive skills. Molly gets flustered bringing ball up but surprisingly to me, has developed a good 3 point shot and moves well within the offensive rotation.[/QUOTE]
I am not anointing Coombs as the second coming of anyone--just the observationals: Coombs today is a better fit to replace an injured or otherwise not available Danger than Molly. Coombs is a better fit with pressure. Coombs dribbles better in traffic. Coombs is probably a better passer than Molly (Molly get flustered under pressure). As I have said Molly is nice, practices, is liked by Geno--all pluses but none of which gets her as much PT as Coombs gets in bigger games. TODAY---LOOKINg forward Coombs is the Only choice to fill Dangers REALLY big shoes. Who else is there TODAY??

Reaction Score
Two different players with two different skill sets. Coombs a true point guard with defensive skills. Molly gets flustered bringing ball up but surprisingly to me, has developed a good 3 point shot and moves well within the offensive rotation.

Molly could be PG or SG. She has an enormous skill set and a PG brain. She just can't seem to relax into the game. If she had gone Ivy League she's be POY for 3 years. The whole perfection for Geno and playing time whammy has been her locked in her head thinking too much.[/QUOTE]
Along with being a great passers, dribbling and ball handling under traps and other tough nerve rattling situations, a Pg must SEE the floor see developing plays before they happen
A PG must NOT get rattled under pressure--first anhd foremost if a PG gets rattled under pressure --they are not a true PG only filling the spot--not performing.

My suggestion to you is that Molly with all her attributes along with now scoring--lacks the ability to handle pressure defenses or to make the right decisions when passing under pressure. That alone negates any other abilities to be a PG.

Reaction Score
Asked the wife since she buys them every eastertime - lemon cream filling. Luckily, she does let me indulge with a couple. Don’t ask me to give you phonetic pronounciation but she did tell me the name on the box - paczki. So enjoy trying them in a couple of months

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Molly could be PG or SG. She has an enormous skill set and a PG brain. She just can't seem to relax into the game. If she had gone Ivy League she's be POY for 3 years. The whole perfection for Geno and playing time whammy has been her locked in her head thinking too much.

You want a piece of me!

PS. I just deleted 2 paragraphs of stuff that was not mine and how it got there I don't know, but I bet it confused a couple of posters. Now it is a mash up, but not a whacky mash up.

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
My favorite, though I tend to burn my mouth still after more than half a century, because I lack the patience to wait while that wonderful aroma comes of the plate, is Golabki. Same deal - I'd marry her only if she could maked them and lucky me her mom had taught her.

1550114175697.png

A Polish burrito and you can be creative with your stuffings. Over rice, over noodles, over mashed potatoes, over nothing ... just don't burn the roof of your mouth!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Hey @BroadwayVa , what's got you all upset and wanting to talk in those tones about 2 of our own. I hope you are okay buddy, but that is not okay. And:

Reaction Score
Dont know much about this Polish girl, but she has a Tarasi look about her. Maybe we will see. Hope so.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
[QUOTE="RockyMTblue2, post: 3038041, .[/QUOTE]

If she had gone Ivy League she's be POY for 3 years. The whole perfection for Geno and playing time whammy has been her locked in her head thinking too much.[/QUOTE]
Maybe she would be a nice player in the Ivies But POY is a bit of a stretch. If she was that good she’d see more game time at UConn. The Ivies have some talented kids.

Reaction Score
Is there any factual information regarding mutual interest behind this story? Seems like it could be a guess someone made then the Internet press jumped on board.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom