Will UConn Sign a Polish Player? | The Boneyard

Will UConn Sign a Polish Player?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Polish player could be in UConn women's recruiting mix

Geno needs the bodies for next year. However the more urgent need is players with Size. It good to see that Camara is considering coming back next year. There should be plenty of playing time for her.
Camara is coming back was announced a few days ago. This is covered in the recruiting thread at top of the page.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
UCONN also needs another guard to add to the rotation next year as well.

Geno hasn’t had a true backup pg in a while. It would be nice to have one.

I mean you have freshman danger, but she was also the only real pg on the roster.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
UCONN also needs another guard to add to the rotation next year as well.
Agreed. But guards and wings are easier to find.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Polish player could be in UConn women's recruiting mix

Geno needs the bodies for next year. However the more urgent need is players with Size. It good to see that Camara is considering coming back next year. There should be plenty of playing time for her.

Gotta go out and will read this when I return Please, please no polish jokes children. I do hope she's polished like so many fine prospects who sign over here.

Reaction Score
Carl Adamec: "The Huskies’ roster for 2019-20 currently stands at 10 with the graduations of Katie Lou Samuelson and Napheesa Collier and the addition of McDonald’s All-American recruit Aubrey Griffin from Ossining, New York. "

Current roster is 10, then minus 2 plus 1 equals 9. Or am I having a senior moment?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Carl Adamec: "The Huskies’ roster for 2019-20 currently stands at 10 with the graduations of Katie Lou Samuelson and Napheesa Collier and the addition of McDonald’s All-American recruit Aubrey Griffin from Ossining, New York. "
Current roster is 10, then minus 2 plus 1 equals 9. Or am I having a senior moment?
Well... no. But Carl might have been and forgot that Lexi Gordon transferred.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
This is a video from a few days ago from from her Polish team Arka Gdynia. They play the team that Jordin Canada/UCLA and Mercedes Russell/Tenn are. She is #13 in yellow.
She scores 17 points in this game, 8 rebounds, 4 assists and drew 7 fouls. Her team won 76-71

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
She can be seen in this video from last season.

While watching the video, bearing in mind it's a highlight film and I might be influenced by the bun, I was struck by how much her game looks like Diana as a young woman (with faster feet). No-look and bullet passes through tiny windows. absolutely fearless shooting, great awareness of court placement. Again, a highlight film, but the games shown did not appear to be against cupcakes -- both sides were playing an uptempo game.

So, after reading the article I wondered how many minutes it was taking her to accumulate the stats Carl referenced. I found her team's pages on the Eurobasket site. Here's the season-to-date stats:

Screenshot - 2_12_2019 , 10_54_01.png

Seems pretty good for an 18-year-old on a pro team.

Reaction Score
She has that "Diana" swagger to the shots and just how she plays. I think Uconn would be a great fit for a player like her. I don't think the big stage is going to make her shy, if anything, I think that's why she wants to to Uconn. Her and Chrystin have that same fire of competing that I thik Uconn will needs the next couple of years.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Geno hasn’t had a true backup pg in a while. It would be nice to have one. I mean you have freshman danger, but she was also the only real pg on the roster.
Don't know if you got a chance to watch the latest video posted by @ochoopsfan. What struck me from the video is that she is about 6'1" definitely over 6' and has the skills to back up Crystal or Christyn or Megan who are likely to be the 1-3 in the UCONN starting line up next year.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Don't know if you got a chance to watch the latest video posted by @ochoopsfan. What struck me from the video is that she is about 6'1" definitely over 6' and has the skills to back up Crystal or Christyn or Megan who are likely to be the 1-3 in the UCONN starting line up next year.

Which sounds like a geno type player. At least skill wise

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom