Will UConn Sign a Polish Player? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Will UConn Sign a Polish Player?

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Her quick release from the arc reminds me of Laksa. It must be an Eastern European thing. Beyond her ability to shoot the ball, she has a great handle. I would love to see her in Storrs.
That’s EXACTLY what I thought! Great minds...:)

And she also fills another need, we’re losing one bun hairdo so we need to replace it.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Hard to tell. FIBA list her birthdate as 31 Mar 2000 which would make her WNBA eligible in the Spring of 2022 if she attends a US college. In the spring of 2022 she will only have completed her Junior year at UCONN. She also has the option of turning pro internationally and she would be WNBA eligible in the spring of 2020.

Hence the whole let's hope she doesn't Ezi us angst. So when I think of Anna, this just keeps going around and around in my head.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I've seen more highlights and not so much full games, but I like what I see in Anna. She has good size, at least 6'0", possibly 6'1". She also seems to have fairly long arms. I like her handle, shot from distance, and passing. She seems to have a good basketball IQ and be a team player. She looks more like Diana, bun included, than anyone else I've ever seen. She wants UConn. She is the #2 or #3 player in all of Europe for her age group. That means that she's very, very good. I hope she is on campus in August!!

Cannot she be no holds bared recruited by MIT, Stanford, Princeton, Dawn on the plane on the way home, etc, etc.

Reaction Score
In celebration of Poland, 'tis the season for....get them now while in season.

EDIT: I get mine at BigY Supermarket.

1550016184185.png

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Ok for us uninitiated what are they? I mean besides looking like donuts

I'll let Wiki explain (see link below)...for all intent and purpose they are donuts, when I asked the local bakery the difference between these and regular donuts, I was told these contained more butter to dough and more filling than regular donuts...but they are good. They come stuffed with same fillings as regular donuts, blueberry, raspberry, apple, boston cream...etc...etc

Pączki - Wikipedia

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
:D see above reply. you would love these triad.

but but but Im going on almost 3 months with no donuts.... i definitely didnt need to see that pic :oops:

im not gonna derail this thread any more.... yall carry on :(

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I beat a certain coach on the west coast just put the missus on a jet. I guess until a signature is on a letter raiding parties are free to raid. My earlier questions on this went unanswered! :mad:

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I’m hoping she might have a tall friend to recruit with her to Storrs.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
but but but Im going on almost 3 months with no donuts.... i definitely didnt need to see that pic :oops:

im not gonna derail this thread any more.... yall carry on :(

Well, you could just get your will power from this and keep posting:

or, get at it a different way?

Groundhog Day (film, 1992)

Did you know you can buy pizza with a crust made of chicken...

Laugh with me triad, I feel your pain friend.

Reaction Score
She follows Oregon on instagram, but as I said before, it seems like UConn is her top choice.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Here is a good look at her shooting form as a 12 year old.

Or is this her sister? I'm so confused.

"But because of the schedule of her team in Poland — Arka Gydnia — she would likely not be able to visit until after the end of the spring signing period on May 15. Then there’s the possibility that Arka Gydnia would offer her money to stay, making her ineligible to play college ball in the USA. " Oh, come on, official visit can be squeezed in. I'd say something funny here but you never know when someone from the SEC would report it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Polish player could be in UConn women's recruiting mix

Geno needs the bodies for next year. However the more urgent need is players with Size. It good to see that Camara is considering coming back next year. There should be plenty of playing time for her.
So now Geno has to go to Poland to find a player that wants to come to UConn? Really? Really? And people here think she may the next coming of DT? Really? Now if it was Russia, maybe just maybe he find another Svet.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Kid does look crazy good. Her under 20 FIBA performance was pretty good. Have not seen it all. One thing the European kids arrive with is a thorough grounding in the fundamentals of the game. Maybe Holly should go recruiting there, huh?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Speaking of guard. When Geno turned the game over to the bench, USC trapped Molly and held up others---but Coombs dribbled around and around them like a soph with PT.
I'm not sure you are looking for more of a PG to back up Coombs and Danger, your point I think is well taken--after Danger then who backs up Coombs.??? I think this where you were going????

There are parallels between Molly and Coombs. What is holding them back - same issue, but Molly has more schooled basketball aptitude. What to do. What to do. :confused:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom