Why don't UCONN fans travel to RU? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Why don't UCONN fans travel to RU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Grandfather: "What's that again, Martha??"
Grandmother: "I said....that's when the stranger yelled up at me from the basement and said 'It's cool to DoggieStyle'!!"
Grandfather: "Did he shut the lights?!? I'm not made of money, Martha!"

:rolleyes::eek:

This Rutgers game has made bad things happen, and its only Thursday......

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I guess I went a little overboard up there, lol.

But, god almighty, the NJ/CT jokes just wear on ya after awhile when you have to hear it take it from both sides!
haha I hear ya man, I do.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

But, god almighty, the NJ/CT jokes just wear on ya after awhile when you have to hear it take it from both sides!

Welcome back my friend. Is that Buckley in your pic?

Reaction Score

There, see.... Now its all better

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
My parents sold the house in Wethersfield 10 years ago and moved back down to NJ to be closer to the fam... my dad always grumbles that NJ is the only state more corrupt than CT.... lol.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
My parents sold the house in Wethersfield 10 years ago and moved back down to NJ to be closer to the fam... my dad always grumbles that NJ is the only state more corrupt than CT.... lol.

Never heard of Louisiana eh?

Reaction Score
Q: Why don't UCONN fans travel to RU?

A: Who wants to hang around in NYC's landfill.

Reaction Score
What's the tri-state? Oh, you mean NY, NJ and that other place only mentioned in car commercials.

NJ - the state that has propped up the entire fake stone veneer industry.

Reaction Score

Your post was 100% correct. But, for this one week out of 52, who cares.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
McMahon - Fourth in the North for this guy!

I think we had a stupid tagline like "4th in the North" back then too.....

What's up, old me?! I miss you, you son of a bitch!

Reaction Score
NJ - the state that has propped up the entire fake stone veneer industry.

I think you're confusing us with Lawn Guyland.

Connecticut: The Bermuda Triangle of the 'Tri-State area'. Whatever that is.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I think we had a stupid tagline like "4th in the North" back then too.....

What's up, old me?! I miss you, you son of a bitch!

lol. Yeah, that was tagline the CA hung up in the study lounge / elevator lobby on our floor.

God damn...I miss that place!

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I dont why. We traveled well to Army.
People forget that game when they talk about UConn away game attendance - we traveled over 3k easy, there was a fleet of UConn travel buses (I think it was around 10, set up by our worldtek friends). Nice place to watch a game, friggin nightmare of a traffic situation on the way home. It was probably our 4th best non-bowl attendance after Michigan, ND, Maryland. BC in 2003 was pretty good(probably between 2-3k), we didn't fill the visitors section but the end zone I sat in was over 50% husky fans.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Well he did say states....
Yeah, old man is ready to move out of NJ, but there's corruption everywhere, so good luck finding the "least bad" option!

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Yeah, old man is ready to move out of NJ, but there's corruption everywhere, so good luck finding the "least bad" option!

I think that response was for me, CT. Your Pop said most corrupt "State". I replied with what about Chicago, DC and LA, non of which are states.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
At least in Connecticut the corruption is mostly confined to Waterbury. Mostly.

Uconngal

Visit us at the Thirst and Ten Ambulance
Reaction Score
Traveled to RU game in '08. Challenge finding parking, encountered nasty heckling verbally abusive fans on way in and out of stadium. Have been to 3 bowls, Notre Dame, Michigan, Syracuse, Pitt, Maryland and Temple and never was treated the way my friend and I were treated at Rutgers. I travel to support my team on a regular basis. Perhaps if your fan base was a bit more welcoming and mature I'd consider making the trip again but right now I have no desire at all to spend one dime in supporting the RU program.

Reaction Score
Perhaps if your fan base was a bit more welcoming and mature I'd consider making the trip again but right now I have no desire at all to spend one dime in supporting the RU program.

As if Uconn fans are an ingratiating bunch. Have you seen the venom tossed NJ's way on this site? You get every bit you deserve. Don't play the victim role. It is what it is.
Don't you dare act as if you are the put upon party in this scenario.

Reaction Score
I think you're confusing us with Lawn Guyland.

Connecticut: The Bermuda Triangle of the 'Tri-State area'. Whatever that is.
That was so lame. RU can't even afford a marching band.

blitz8ru

Rutgers Fan
Reaction Score
As someone who grew up in NJ and currently lives in CT, I'll say this: all of you are idiots.

Both states have way more in common than ignorant fools from either fanbase even realizes.

In a sports sense, both states have arrogant sports fans, with the the majority of the teams winning championships recently. As annoying as we think Rutgers and Syracuse fans are...guess what? They think the same about us.

In terms of bad areas? I love it when CT people talk trash on NJ being a dump. For every Newark, Bayonne, East Orange, Irvington there's a Hartford, Bridgeport, Waterbury, New London and Willimantic. There's huge dumps everywhere.

CT has great areas and NJ has great areas. There's nice towns in both place. The Jersey Shore is way nice than the LI Sound, but both places do have their bright spots.

So, for someone who was in North NJ for 18 years and CT for 8, to see this pissing match back and forth over such similar states makes me laugh. Some of you guys really need to get out of your parents basement in Wallingford and actually check out the world around you for a minute.

Can't we all just get along...
cant-we-all-just-get-along.jpg

Reaction Score
As if Uconn fans are an ingratiating bunch. Have you seen the venom tossed NJ's way on this site? You get every bit you deserve. Don't play the victim role. It is what it is.
Don't you dare act as if you are the put upon party in this scenario.
I don't need to speak for UConngal, but I dont think she is talking about Internet posters tossing venom on a site, but more of the fans at the actual game and their behavior toward visiting fans. Just a guess. It's one thing when a bunch of guys go to an away game w/their friends, but different for a family. I'm gong, but not bringing my rife or kids b/c some (not the majority) of RU fans in the paking lots are s. I realize that happens everywhere, but it seems o be prevelant in NJ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom