Why don't UCONN fans travel to RU? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Why don't UCONN fans travel to RU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
No apathy for me. I love hating Rutgers. They are a good sports rivalry that I value. The tri-state rivalry extends beyond sports, hatable fans (I know this goes both ways), etc.

What's the tri-state? Oh, you mean NY, NJ and that other place only mentioned in car commercials.

Reaction Score
Connecticut is so bland & devoid of personality no one even bothers with stereotypes. You truly are the 'Meh' state.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Connecticut is so bland & devoid of personality no one even bothers with stereotypes. You truly are the 'Meh' state.
Born in NJ... my parents and extended fam all there... but grew up here in CT, and have remained... and all I can say is thank god I don't live in that god forsaken state of NJ.

(Though I'll also say that I know there's an NJ beyond the NJ Turnpike and that it's not bad to visit. My fiance had no idea that there was woods/farmland in NJ... she thought the whole state was Bayonne.)

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

Dear Mr. Tossed:

We like being the "Meh" state. You do realize that most of the puppetmasters pulling the strings on Jersey Shore & Real Houswives of NJ live in Connecticut, right? We control the stereotypes, you perpetuate them.

Joe Public

Reaction Score
Every time I drive through New Jersey, I lose all faith in the world.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Every time I drive through Connecticut, I'm thinking about getting to Boston.

I usually take 84 from Connecticut, through NY and into Pennsylvania, then 81 South to avoid driving in NJ.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
As someone who grew up in NJ and currently lives in CT, I'll say this: all of you are idiots.

Both states have way more in common than ignorant fools from either fanbase even realizes.

In a sports sense, both states have arrogant sports fans, with the the majority of the teams winning championships recently. As annoying as we think Rutgers and Syracuse fans are...guess what? They think the same about us.

In terms of bad areas? I love it when CT people talk trash on NJ being a dump. For every Newark, Bayonne, East Orange, Irvington there's a Hartford, Bridgeport, Waterbury, New London and Willimantic. There's huge dumps everywhere.

CT has great areas and NJ has great areas. There's nice towns in both place. The Jersey Shore is way nice than the LI Sound, but both places do have their bright spots.

So, for someone who was in North NJ for 18 years and CT for 8, to see this pissing match back and forth over such similar states makes me laugh. Some of you guys really need to get out of your parents basement in Wallingford and actually check out the world around you for a minute.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
As someone who grew up in NJ and currently lives in CT, I'll say this: all of you are idiots.

Both states have way more in common than ignorant fools from either fanbase even realizes.

In a sports sense, both states have arrogant sports fans, with the the majority of the teams winning championships recently. As annoying as we think Rutgers and Syracuse fans are...guess what? They think the same about us.

In terms of bad areas? I love it when CT people talk trash on NJ being a dump. For every Newark, Bayonne, East Orange, Irvington there's a Hartford, Bridgeport, Waterbury, New London and Willimantic. There's huge dumps everywhere.

CT has great areas and NJ has great areas. There's nice towns in both place. The Jersey Shore is way nice than the LI Sound, but both places do have their bright spots.

So, for someone who was in North NJ for 18 years and CT for 8, to see this pissing match back and forth over such similar states makes me laugh. Some of you guys really need to get out of your parents basement in Wallingford and actually check out the world around you for a minute.

Grandpa, you're playing with the keyboard again. Ask MiMi to hand you the remote.

Reaction Score

How the HELL did you know I lived in Wallingford!!!????

Reaction Score
I think a better question to ask is why didn't RU travel well to Uconn for last year's game? I was there but if there were Rutgers fans in attendance they must have been pretty quiet. I didn't hear them cheer at all.

We brought like 5k to UCONN. We were so quiet because the team still hasn't shown up for that game. What an ass-whipping.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
We brought like 5k to UCONN. We were so quiet because the team still hasn't shown up for that game. What an ass-whipping.

I respect your honesty, welcome to the Boneyard. You'll see we allow both honest RU fans like yourself as well as the worst of the RU flamers. I look forward to your future posts no matter how pro-RU they are. I wish I could visit the RU boards but I've been banned from all of them for asking about your OOC scheduling the past 6-7 years. Enjoy your first true taste of open dialog, digs and pure vitriol between our respective fanbases. Keep it clean here and you should be OK to say your peace.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
No but seriously, I dont live in Wallingford...........

No wonder these people looked at me funny when I told them, "I'll be in the basement, DoggieStyle said it's cool".

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
No wonder these people looked at me funny when I told them, "I'll be in the basement, DoggieStyle said it's cool".

Grandfather: "What's that again, Martha??"
Grandmother: "I said....that's when the stranger yelled up at me from the basement and said 'It's cool to DoggieStyle'!!"
Grandfather: "Did he shut the lights?!? I'm not made of money, Martha!"

:rolleyes::eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member