Why do you hate BC? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Why do you hate BC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't hate BCU.

But for a Catholic institution to act the way they did leaving the Big East is very, very scumbag. It was the worst kind of unethical behavior to lie and stab their partners in the back. That was thirty pieces of silver type of stuff. They should lose their status as a religious school. It's the kind of thing that sends you to hell.

Reaction Score
I don't hate BCU.

I have been waiting awhile to respond to this thread, and I don't have any specific characteristics to point out, that have not been already stated. No clever jabs.

But Lord I hate BCU for all the reasons that have been mentioned times 10.

Why do I hate BCU? Basically because they are BCU and we will crush them like cockroaches in the next few years.

"It's just a Connecticut thing."

So Pal, for you to say what you said - I seriously question your home team emotions.

Hate them every day, every afternoon, every evening, and dream of them being eclipsed by UCONN.

Reaction Score
I don't hate BCU.

But for a Catholic institution to act the way they did leaving the Big East is very, very scumbag. It was the worst kind of unethical behavior to lie and stab their partners in the back. That was thirty pieces of silver type of stuff. They should lose their status as a religious school. It's the kind of thing that sends you to hell.
I am not Catholic bashing here, but the administrators of that religious sect are so hypocritical it is not funny. Forget about the Catholic aspect, what about the human aspect, what about commitment, loyalty, concern for their brethren.....NOT!

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
Irregardless of its affiliation, BC's leadership revealed themselves to hypocritical, backstabbing liars who genuinely shat their pants when faced with the reality that UConn was going to lap them in all things athletic.

Reaction Score
I think the money is more in the neighborhood of 20 million more per year and for RU 30 million. Those numbers make the switch from the Big East to the ACC & B1G a no brainer. None of those schools were ever in the National Championship picture regardless of what conference they belong to, so why not take the money.

Reaction Score
They are a private business, we are a state run and owned business. No private entity has any obligation to do anything to help promote a state run and owned entity. In BC’s case it’s the way the government wants it. It’s called separation of church and state.

Reaction Score
You’re being over sensitive. Their is a clear path for us that can make us a big fish. It’s all about building the AAC. We must become leaders in this conference starting with expansion. The more we bash the AAC the more irrelevant we make our program.

Reaction Score
They are a private business, we are a state run and owned business. No private entity has any obligation to do anything to help promote a state run and owned entity. In BC’s case it’s the way the government wants it. It’s called separation of church and state.
They are not a private business any more than the church down the corner is a private business.

They basically pissed on Jesus shoe. So what do they stand for? Nothing.

Reaction Score
I am not Catholic bashing here, but the administrators of that religious sect are so hypocritical it is not funny. Forget about the Catholic aspect, what about the human aspect, what about commitment, loyalty, concern for their brethren.....NOT!

Relative to the human aspect. If uconn were offered and accepted a spot in The Big Ten, would they be hypocrites regarding their loyalty, commitment and concern for their brethren. Or would they simply be taking advantage of an opportunity that was presented to them. It seems like they took advantage of an opportunity. Just like Miami, West Virginia, Rutgers, Maryland, Nebraska, and many other schools.

I don’t hate BC, I don’t care about them enough to hate them. I hate USC.

Reaction Score
Relative to the human aspect. If uconn were offered and accepted a spot in The Big Ten, would they be hypocrites regarding their loyalty, commitment and concern for their brethren. Or would they simply be taking advantage of an opportunity that was presented to them. It seems like they took advantage of an opportunity. Just like Miami, West Virginia, Rutgers, Maryland, Nebraska, and many other schools.

I don’t hate BC, I don’t care about them enough to hate them. I hate USC.

Get a freakin' clue. It wasn't BCU accepting an offer. There was nothing innocent about the way they left.

It was BCU lying over and over again. You know the commandment "thou shalt not lie" they broke that early and often. It was BCU going behind their their partners backs when they had a responsibility to protect them. They kept information from their BE partners (more lying). It was BCU abandoning their primary mission to the church for money. They were dishonest. Period. It was shameful and disgusting. And it has nothing to do with UConn or even conference switching. It has to do with lack of integrity and sin by an institution that claims to be teaching its students about morality.

Sounds like you are very comfortable with your eyes closed.

Reaction Score
Get a freakin' clue. It wasn't BCU accepting an offer. There was nothing innocent about the way they left.

It was BCU lying over and over again. You know the commandment "thou shalt not lie" they broke that early and often. It was BCU going behind their their partners backs when they had a responsibility to protect them. They kept information from their BE partners (more lying). It was BCU abandoning their primary mission to the church for money. They were dishonest. Period. It was shameful and disgusting. And it has nothing to do with UConn or even conference switching. It has to do with lack of integrity and sin by an institution that claims to be teaching its students about morality.

Sounds like you are very comfortable with your eyes closed.

So would you support Uconn joining the Big Ten

Reaction Score
Where do I start:

They say they are Superfans, but can't fill an arena.
P5 but can't win the big 2 sports...Hoops, Football... then will point to Hockey, Sailing aaaaaand Academics- Good comeback
C$ck Blockers to the ACC
Say they don't care about UConn, yet troll this board... obviously they care and are jealous
Doug Flutie is their signature athlete in any sport. A career back up QB relegated to success in the CFL and Buffalo

Reaction Score

I would be against UConn acting like BCU did. I would against UConn lying. I would be against UConn taking a position to protect the conference and using it to get out of the conference. I would be against UConn conspiring against its partners behind their backs.

If UConn was honest (which BCU wasn't) and acted above board with transparent motives (which BCU did not do) I would support UConn moving to the B10.

The probelm isn't that BCU changed conference. It's how they did it. They acted like scumbags and dishonored every Catholic in America. Interesting that that you are defending BCU's actions with such nonsense.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
College sports is a dirty business. And it was never dirtier than when certain schools decided to leave the conference. That was the all-time low.

What makes it even more infuriating is that we would have been a better fit in the ACC than BC, Syracuse, or Pitt.

Reaction Score
We have a very young football program, we joined the D1 party way too late for any P5 conference to seriously consider us. Our location is a negative being stuck between NYC and Boston and having little draw in either city. Our best chance was to get picked over RU.

This is a business and it’s all about the money. We need to win the AAC and stop whining about BC, Syracuse, Pitt and RU. We need to stop talking about sports nobody cares about (soccer, WBB) and start hiring good coaches, not retreads (RE2).

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
We have a very young football program, we joined the D1 party way too late for any P5 conference to seriously consider us. Our location is a negative being stuck between NYC and Boston and having little draw in either city. Our best chance was to get picked over RU.

This is a business and it’s all about the money. We need to win the AAC and stop whining about BC, Syracuse, Pitt and RU. We need to stop talking about sports nobody cares about (soccer, WBB) and start hiring good coaches, not retreads (RE2).
Our market is better than those of RU, Pitt, Syracuse, and BC. We dominate our market. Those other schools share their market. For example, Pitt is Penn State's little brother, etc.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Because they are lying, cheating, backstabbing, morally bankrupt, scum sucking vermin slime.

Hating BS College keeps me alive and strong, to the same extent that water, food and air are necessary to sustain life. I draw no distinction between these four things, no one of which being any more important than the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom