Why do you hate BC? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Why do you hate BC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Actually, BC has very good academics so don't feel bad. It just not as good as Harvard, MIT, Williams, Amherst, Wellesley, Smith or Holy Cross...and you get the privilege of paying 65k for the equivalent education you can get at UConn at 1/2 the price. But, keep living in the 80's and 90s, you national football powerhouse...karma is sweet.

I’m a uconn fan. I just find it funny that tools such as yourself bring academics into a football discussion. My feeling is it’s because the team is one of the worst in the entire nation so you turn to that. I’ve read many comments in this thread about BC being, “pretentious” but I’m not sure many around here realize the uconn fans are the exact same way. Keep tapping yourself on the shoulder for saving on the cost of your education though!

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
The “yeah, we kept them out of the ACC we want to be the only New England team” comment absolutely boils my blood

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
I’m a uconn fan. I just find it funny that tools such as yourself bring academics into a football discussion. My feeling is it’s because the team is one of the worst in the entire nation so you turn to that. I’ve read many comments in this thread about BC being, “pretentious” but I’m not sure many around here realize the uconn fans are the exact same way. Keep tapping yourself on the shoulder for saving on the cost of your education though!
It's fair to compare academics, cost, housing, cheerleaders, cafeteria food, libraries, or the number of NCAA championships on this board. We are not limited to discussing football X's and O's.

Reaction Score
bclogo3nrqw3.gif

bc6.jpg

Reaction Score
It's fair to compare academics, cost, housing, cheerleaders, cafeteria food, libraries, or the number of NCAA championships on this board. We are not limited to discussing football X's and O's.

K

I think Memphis just scored again.

Reaction Score
Played a hand in not only eventually destroying the Big East by starting the exodus with Miami & VTech, but keeping us marooned in non-P5 purgatory with the c0ckbl0cks. Flipper openly admitted that he wanted BCU to control New England's recruiting ground. Because a little Northeast competition is just too much for them. They'll always be pure scum in my eyes for that.

Plus they're a Boston sports team, and I've always hated them all.

Played a hand my ass. They changed the landscape of college sports forever by changing conferences when it didn't make geographical sense for $, ie, sold out. The BEAST, despite the financial and political forces that be were 5-3 in BCS games, and the ACC couldn't win one! All hype, no substance. WV went video game on Oklahoma and Clemson. They ranked on the BEAST, looted their coaches, and destroyed it because the other conferences couldn't believe the BEAST was still competing with them despite being the smallest major conference with the least $ and only 8 frigging teams!
Uconn made a major bowl. BC will never make one! Barkley tried to take the BEAST down in basketball, and Uconn won one in his face! Then, Louisville won one as part of the BEAST. Villanova has since won one. 4 NC for Uconn, and BC will never be relevant in basketball. At least we won something! They've never won , despite all their money and ignorant arrogance. They still never got over when we beat them 19 straight in basketball. They destroyed the BEAST, screwed Uconn, and themselves from a winning perspective. Sold out for $!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The best basketball team BCU ever had was led by guys that couldn't get in to UConn. But they woof about academics.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
K

I think Memphis just scored again.

So the thread is about why do you hate BC. You bring it to football over the last year or so. You are not a UCONN fan and don't belong in this conversation. You are the typical BC jerk that I have dealt with all these years. You have proven my point with your stupid trolling. Go away with your jack ass head coach Adazzio.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Played a hand my ass. They changed the landscape of college sports forever by changing conferences when it didn't make geographical sense for $, ie, sold out. The BEAST, despite the financial and political forces that be were 5-3 in BCS games, and the ACC couldn't win one! All hype, no substance. WV went video game on Oklahoma and Clemson. They ranked on the BEAST, looted their coaches, and destroyed it because the other conferences couldn't believe the BEAST was still competing with them despite being the smallest major conference with the least $ and only 8 frigging teams!
Uconn made a major bowl. BC will never make one! Barkley tried to take the BEAST down in basketball, and Uconn won one in his face! Then, Louisville won one as part of the BEAST. Villanova has since won one. 4 NC for Uconn, and BC will never be relevant in basketball. At least we won something! They've never won , despite all their money and ignorant arrogance. They still never got over when we beat them 19 straight in basketball. They destroyed the BEAST, screwed Uconn, and themselves from a winning perspective. Sold out for $!
If you read the ACC boards, BC is the most hated school in the ACC. Southerners don't like Yankee Catholics who take and never give to the conference. So BC is #1 in one category.

Reaction Score
ACC.

They essentially intentionally destroyed our program out of some misguided attempt to have sole possession of the recruiting hotbed that is New England, rather than developing a natural rivalry that would benefit both programs.

Which makes them both horrible AND dumb.

Reaction Score
If you read the ACC boards, BC is the most hated school in the ACC. Southerners don't like Yankee Catholics who take and never give to the conference. So BC is #1 in one category.
Sounds good to me.

Reaction Score
ACC.

They essentially intentionally destroyed our program out of some misguided attempt to have sole possession of the recruiting hotbed that is New England, rather than developing a natural rivalry that would benefit both programs.

Which makes them both horrible AND dumb.
Agree 100%.

Reaction Score
Their campus always has a faint scent of corn dogs in the air. Their womenfolk look like carnival people.

Reaction Score
I hate BC because they are everything I want UConn to be, except in hoops!

ACC member
Location- Boston > Storrs/Hartford
National prestige- they always get mentioned with ND, Stanford, NW, Duke & Vandy.
Hockey - I'm a hockey fan and I believe we will compete with them with Cav as coach.
Baseball- they're in the ACC, we would soar in the ACC in baseball
Private School > Public School- CT is full of morons running our state. Pathetic state laws and little support.
Stadium- BC on campus - college football belongs on campus. WTF are we doing in East Hartford?
Fenway Park > Yankee Stadium - Fenway is a great neighborhood for MLB - YS is located in a ghetto!

Reaction Score
Many BC students and even some alumni often look down at students/alumni from other regional colleges. MIT/Harvard are nerds to them. Northeastern students are too working class for them. BU students, to BC students, are those who couldn't get into college elsewhere. BC alumni also look down at UConn.

BC students/alumni too often think they are smarter, better looking, more athletic, more successful than anyone else. UConn's proper response: beat the pants off of them this weekend! Our fellow students/alumni from the Boston region will be quite happy if we do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom